Sign in to follow this  
Pandaazuma

Premier Fantasy Football

The English football season kicks off in a couple of weeks and I am playing the Premier Fantasy Football game again. It's free and well-designed...and of course we can have a friends league.

You can register here:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Make sure you read the rules...they're pretty simple/standard but there are a couple of things you may not have seen before (like 'wildcards' and double points for captains).

Also, be careful to register for the free game, not the pay one!

Cheers,

Simon

The code for our league (called 'Sumo Lads') is:

840674-206013

• Like 1

One week to go so bumping this up again. Get your teams in the mini league. See details a few posts up.

Who is Anti-Henka FC? Golem?

I entered my team but have no idea who will play. Do they show kind of starting lineups before the matchdays?

I entered my team but have no idea who will play. Do they show kind of starting lineups before the matchdays?

No...the deadline is about an hour before kick-off each week so you won't know whether your lads are playing or not. Obviously the bench helps but you will need to look into who's likely to play. It's a nightmare for everyone at the start of the season, of course, but after a couple of games, the teams are easy to predict. The wildcard is quite useful if not many of your players are playing!

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hi Simon,

I joined the Barclay Premier League.

Thanks for reminding us about the start of the football season in England.

Regards,

Angel

Anti Henka FC is me, and still having regrets about the name hahaha. Last season was really happy with my team name, did badly in the game. The season before it I named my team Moyes FC, got my highest ranking ever. Talk about irony...

Still finalising my line-up for now. Not having Hazard, Ivanovic or Rooney currently is making me slightly nervous.

Edited by d_golem

Kick-off is tomorrow so one last bump. Scroll up the thread for the entry details, and good luck to all the entrants!

Not having Hazard, Ivanovic or Rooney currently is making me slightly nervous.

Rooney... one of the most overrated players world-wide. Never understood the hype around this dumb redneck. In every world cup so far a pure also-ran. I have selected him only to have some money in pocket to buy good alternatives after 3 or 4 matchdays ;-)

Ganzohnesushi

Anybody not having Hazard in the initial team?

I even have Thorgan Hazard in my German Bundesliga team... ;-)

So how's everyone doing 24 gameweeks in?

Personally hanging on around the 20-30k overall rank mark. Had a nice green arrow yesterday, only to have it stripped away today by a practically non-existent Lukaku performance last night. Suffice to say he's been swiftly replaced by the returning-to-form-jet-heeled-witch-nosed-assassin that is Sir Jamie Vardy. A definite gamble considering Leicester is going against two of the worst possible opponents next two gameweeks, but I have a hunch him and his lanky North African compatriot will chip in with a goal or two between them despite the odds.

Target is top 10k of course, hopefully bettering my 13/14 season result. Still have my Bench Boost, Triple Captain, and Wildcard chips to use.

Well, after my usual poor start to the season, I managed to get my act together and started to climb the leaderboard. Managed to get inside the top 4000 in Scotland, 115,000 or so overall and within touching distance of the leader in the Sumo Lads league.

Then the new year came in and my form went out. I've dropped 220,000 places in 4 weeks overall, outside the top 10, 000 in Scotland and looking like I'm gonna struggle to hold on to 2nd in the Lads.

Still got a couple of chips left though and the 2nd wildcard, so I'll be looking for a strong finish to the season.

Here we go again!

The English football season kicks off in a couple of weeks and I am playing the Premier Fantasy Football game again. It's free and well-designed...and of course we can have a friends league.

You can register here:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Make sure you read the rules...they're pretty simple/standard but there are a couple of things you may not have seen before (like 'wildcards' and double points for captains).

Also, be careful to register for the free game, not the pay one!

Cheers,

Simon

The code for our league (called 'Sumo Lads') is: 744042-202563

Only a week left!

That's 7 more days for EPL clubs to go on shopping tour and waste another few hundred millions... They should buy a few boys from Iceland as even they are better than Team England... (Neener, neener...) (Neener, neener...) (Neener, neener...)

Ganzohnesushi

• Like 1

Well, it looks I royally kicked ALL of your arses this season!

(W00t,w00t,w00t...)

• Sad 1

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 01:18, ronnie said:

Hey Panda, will you be running the league again this season?

Sorry...I just saw this. Yes, I'll set one up now.  Could everyone from last season get their teams sorted quickly?  The deadline is tomorrow evening (UK time).

I have just put a team in and will set up our league shortly, if anyone fancies joining. Watch this space for the link.

Just entered my team. I guess I have selected an overpaid bunch of losers...

Ganzohnesushi

• Haha 1

The league has been renewed but I can only see Ronnie in there with me for the moment.

Can't remember the entry code but the last one on this thread is:  744042-202563. Give that a try and see if you can get in.