Sign in to follow this  
Zentoryu

RotoSumo upate

The new banzuke will be uploaded tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, been working some crazy hours this week.

Final Standings will be posted in a couple of days. I need time to sort everyone into their respective divisions and figure the special prize winners. Its a holiday today and I probably won't have that time until late tomorrow. Sorry everybody.

The new banzuke will be uploaded tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, been working some crazy hours this week.

I wonder was the 2014 Natsu banzuke published? Edited by Achiyama

Will the Rotosumo results display return to being divided up into divisions? IIRC, it was one long list last basho, and is the same way this basho.

Did I miss it somehow or has there not been a Banzuke for Nagoya 14 published yet?

Did I miss it somehow or has there not been a Banzuke for Nagoya 14 published yet?

Still not so it seems.

From another thread:

Zentoryu hasn't been around since May 28. There has never been a Nagoya banzuke for RotoSumo (that's why the Nagoya RotoSumo results were not separated by division; the Natsu banzuke was posted within this forum). As the game is automated, RotoSumo itself can run smoothly in the future. But unless Zentoryu returns (or someone else takes over banzuke making duties), there will be no RotoSumo banzuke, and eventually the game might disappear from the Superbanzuke.

• Like 2

Maybe someone would be willing to take over the banzuke making stuff?

If there is no volunteers then I think I could find some time to do it. At least until Zentoryu comes back.

• Like 2

Maybe someone would be willing to take over the banzuke making stuff?

If there is no volunteers then I think I could find some time to do it. At least until Zentoryu comes back.

If you find the time, do it!

We should try to safe the game in the old form .

And Thank you, Golono-san!

Profo

Ok, I have found natsu'14 banzuke and results, so the first step for me would be creating nagoya banzuke. I should find some time soon to do it. But then how do I convert nagoya results into win-loss records, so that I could create aki banzuke? Do you guys know what formula Zentoryu was using for creating W/L records? And also what ozeki/yokozuna promotions criteria he used?

Years ago his formula was: Take the mean score in the division as the KK/MK line, then have evenly-spaced sections for each record. At the time he was using 30 or 40 points in makuuchi and juryo, 60 or 80 points in makushita. So something like 0 to 30 points above the line = 8-7, 30-60 points above = 9-6, 60-90 points = 10-5, etc. Which factor to use depended on how closely clustered the results were.

In addition, I think he occasionally changed records by hand if the distribution didn't make much sense, e.g. three neighbouring players at 1380 = 8-7, 1405 = 8-7, 1406 = 9-6 (where the 1405-point player might get changed to 9-6). I'm not sure what his current method was - looking at the Natsu results, I'm inclined to say he used 35 points as the factor in the top two divisions there, and 65 points in makushita. I'm just guessing though, it's possible he has changed his approach completely in the last few years.

The ozeki promotion line was typically 30 wins in 3 basho. I'm not sure about yokozuna promotions, although it was probably the usual (back-to-back makuuchi victories or close enough results).

Edited by Asashosakari

Sorry for my absence... work, health, and other issues conspired to consume all my free time and energy. Given that I was already losing interest in Sumo, this effectively hurried the process along. Though I am starting to drift back towards it again, I'm not yet there. I apologize to everyone who plays, has played, Roto and enjoyed the game and my thanks to Golynohana for taking it over and keeping it going so I wouldn't have to shut it down.

As far as scoring is concerned...

I had three different scales I used for win/loss distribution. They were all based on the same method, which basically compares a players point total to the average (not mean) score for all players in his (or her) division and awarded wins based on the difference.

I've used charts #1 and #2 since the game debuted some 11 years ago, while chart #3 has only been in use for about 4 years. Now which one I used depended on a couple of factors. First factor is how tight the scoring is compared to the average. If the scoring spread is large, I will use chart #1 or #3. If the spread is very tight around the average, I use chart #2. Second factor I consider is which chart produces the best overall balance between total wins and losses for all players in their division. Chart 3 is very similar to #1 with some minor alterations and is the one that got used the most towards the end since it tended to fit both criteria very well (most of the time, anyway).

If you want these charts Golynohana, PM me and I'll send them to you along with the two excel sheets I used in conjunction with them.

• Like 1