Sign in to follow this  
Phelix

Who

Kokkai is going to be the first of the "new generation" to win a yusho but he needs more time to do so.....

next basho will spotlight on Kakizoe ....

In my wildest dream? Kotonowaka getting a 11-4 jun-yusho and rising to Sekiwake once more... :-/

I could see Roho picking up 10 wins.

I like Roho, yes, but ten wins? How?

Asasekiryu will be back with a strong Basho. B-) People who write him off know nothing about Sumo.

Asasekiryu will be back with a strong Basho.  People who write him off know nothing about Sumo.

I don't know about writing him off but he certainly ruined his chance in this who is the next hot hot rikishi with his Natsu record. New guys line up now to show some poise. Kokkai the strangely interviewed is in spotlight now. Hakuho naturally hot due to tournament genkiness and from older rikishi Mickey could remain hot second basho in a row...

Asasekiryu will be back with a strong Basho.  (Hugging...) People who write him off know nothing about Sumo.

(Applauding...)

Agreed. Noticed he has spent enough time with each of his opponents, feeling at the same time assessing their strengths in the last tournament. I am sure he will perform better soon.

Edited by bennyloh

My vote would go Hakuho except for that he could have been called Natsu's hotshot, stifiling Hoku's chances for a yusho and all. Roho's out, stuck in Juryo. Tenku is a power on the rise and he will make his mark in Makuuchi before long.

Also pay attention to both shin-sekitori. Kotoshogiku can do big things and Katayama's sumo was really strong on many days in Natsu. Seems that we have a series of exciting shin-sekitori of late. Kotooshu, Toyonoshima and Hagiwara now followed by Kotoshogiku and Katayama. Hot shots all over!