Ivory Coast L x: W Switzerland
Switzerland W x: W Netherlands
Netherlands W x: D England
Italy © L x: L Nigeria
Bosnia W x: W Mexico
Honduras L x: W Bosnia
Nigeria L x: L Iran
South Korea ® x: L Australia ©

Once more, it's all about shumitto's representative team: if Belgium wins, the match is his, if not, Rubensan wins. Thankfully, we'll have a clear cut group leader.

Game 2:

Doitsuyama 1:0 Nekonishiki
(Algeria) (Russia)

Spain © W 0:0 W Netherlands
Bosnia W 1:x L Italy
South Korea :x L Iran
Algeria ® :x W Mexico ©
Italy L x:x W Spain
Portugal x:x Russia ®
Chile L x:x Portugal
Mexico W x:x Ghana
Japan L x:x L Nigeria
Greece W x:x L Australia

Bosnia turned out to be the better Italy, leaving Nekonishiki with no points in this group. Third-placed Doitsuyama can score two more goals.

Kuroimori's risky Nigeria pick backfired and broke his chain but all is not lost: this match is all on Ghana. A win for Ghana over Portugal will mean a 2-0 victory for Kamogawa. A draw or a loss for Ghana will give Kuroimori the match 1-0.

Kuroimori:

1. Brazil
2. Colombia

3. Nigeria ©
4. Mexico
5. Ecuador
6. Portugal ®
7. Russia
8. Italy
9. Costa Rica
10. Cameroon

Kamogawa:

Brazil

Ghana ®

Colombia ©

Cote d'Ivoire

England

USA

Italy

Japan

Costa Rica

Cameroon

As anticipated, our second match is going to the wire and Domichi is likely to need wins from Belgium and Russia to prevail.

Domichi:

1. Brazil
2. Colombia

3. Belgium
4. Russia
5. Mexico
6. Iran
7. Uruguay ©
8. USA ®
9. Bosnia
10. South Korea

Pitinosato:

1. Switzerland

2. Colombia

3. Germany ®

4. Croatia

5. Iran ©

6. Greece

7. Bosnia

8. Uruguay

9. Italy

10. South Korea

Jezz...the knockout stage is fast approaching. I had a glance through this gargantuan thread but couldn't see any rules for that section. I have a couple of questions that will no doubt be answered by one of your all-covering posts shortly.

1. What's the deal with refiojis in the knockout stage? I guess you'll just announce a list.

2. Regarding Bench matches in the knockout stage, will we only be having winners and losers in our line-ups? Or will we also have draws (result after 90 mins? 120 mins?) as we have had in the group stage for a bit more variety?

Thanks again for your hard work on this game.

Hi all!

Some admin.... We are now approaching the knock-out stages.

1. I think that all divisions will result in clear 1st - 4th positions, however, having thought about Jakusotsu's dilemma about possibly having two teams tied with equal number of points, goals scored, goals conceded, and a draw in their own match, I have come up with a fairer solution than just using the random die roller (this is based on what were the rules for Euro 2012). We have a penalty shoot-out between the teams involved using the penalty takers that I have already received for the round of 16 matches.

2. I am crazily busy in real life, and when I am not busy, I am very tired (got to bed at 2:30 am after the latest England match) due to the inconsiderate kick-off times for the World Cup ;-) So, unless there is an avalanche of protest, I would like to go back to the original plan of having 'two strikes and you are out'. So, if you have 'qualified' for the Saucer competition by coming 3rd or 4th in your group, you will be knocked out if you lose... and so on.

3. I need to put up the list of referees for the second round, announce the rules for the round of 16 and quarter-finals (basically the same rules as for the quarter-finals at the Bench Euro 2012).

4. Set deadlines for extra picks (we all get a free pick to add to our squad for the round of 16, and another free pick for the quarter-finals.) and penalty takers for the quarter-finals.

I think that's it.

Edited by Jejima

This is copied, pasted and mildly amended from the rules for the quarter-finals at the Bench Euro 2012.

Rules for the round of 16 AND quarter-finals.
No-one gets knocked out of this competition! Even if you come 3rd of 4th in your group, you will still get to play on until the end of the tournament. Players in such a situation, will be playing for the 'World Cup 2014 Saucer'. (Of course, those coming 1st or 2nd will be playing for the 'World Cup 2014 Cup' in future matches.)

Before the knock-out stages starts, all 'real' teams that are already knocked out of the competition will be removed from a player's squad. Further, all players will be allowed a free-choice to add another team (still in the competition) to their roster. Players failing to make their extra pick in time, will be allocated the lowest ranked (as per the original list) team still in the tournament (which will be Costa Rica - so maybe not such a bad 'forced pick'), that is not already on their squad - and put in last slot on the chain.

All teams that are already knocked out of the competition will be removed from a player's squad. Players send their line-ups to their 'refioji' - including their additional team (please indicate to the referee who that team is, by adding (E1) behind the name). Any player failing to make an entry will have a droning team, based on the line-up used for their third round match (with the knocked-out teams removed.) His/her new, additional team (Costa Rica or other, if Costa Rica is already on the squad) will be added to the last position of the line-up.

All teams on a player's team must be in their line-ups. If a player accidentally misses one or more, they are added to the end of the line-up that they have submitted in the order that they were in the line-up prior to that match. (I.e. 'semi-droning').

We play with the same rules as for the group stages (® and © teams keep their special attributes) - based on the results after 90 minutes.

Any empty slots at the end of a players' squad are treated as 'losses'. (Theoretically, a player could have all eleven teams (original 10 + the extra pick) still in his/her squad, but this is unlikely. It is likely, however, that one player in a match-up will have more teams in his squad than his opponent. The difference in the number of teams are treated as 'losses' to the player with the shorter squad. I.e. If Player A has 7 teams and Player B has 5 teams, Player B's slots 6 and 7 are treated as 'losses'.)

If a player's © or ® team is facing an empty slot on his opponents line-up (so counted as an automatic 'loss' for the opponent), and that team loses, then the player with © or ® teams does not have his/her chain broken.

Extra time
Should the match end in a tie after 90 minutes, the players go into 'extra-time'. The results *after 120 minutes* from the real matches are now used (Matches won by a penalty shoot-out, are still considered 'drawn').

Extra time starts with the next slot after the place where the second team to have their chain broken, was broken. (I.e. Player A's chain broke on the 2nd slot. Player B's chain broke on the 5th slot. Extra time for both players starts from the 6th slot.) From that point onwards, all matches are considered after the 120 mins result (or 90 mins, if it did not go that far). If either chain remains unbroken (including the default losses to fill the empty slots) to the last team in the squad, the chain continues starting from the first slot again.

However, all real matches that were decided in 90 minutes are now removed (so only the matches that had previously counted as 'draws', but which may now have a result after the 120 minutes, are now counted for this second run through). These removed matches are now treated the same as 'draws' for the purpose of this game - with the special rules for removed for ® and © teams. This 'start again' only happens once.

® and © teams keep their 'special rules' in extra time. (I.e. an ® team getting a draw in the 90 minutes, may break the player's chain, but if they go on to win in extra time - if that match is considered for a second time - they could end up scoring two goals in extra time for the player. Similarly, a player whose © team scored a goal for a draw during 90 minutes of regular play, could end up scoring a second goal in extra time, should the © team also draw over 120 minutes).

Penalties. If there is still a tie after extra time between the two players, we go to a penalty shoot-out. For this, the list of 11 teams already received by me will be used.. There will be a penalty shoot-out, with penalties being scored based on whether the players' predictions come true (of the teams progressing to the quarter-finals). This will follow regular penalty shoot-out rules (I.e. there will be five penalties apiece, using the first teams in the list, followed by sudden death play-off, if needed, with the next six teams. If need be, we go back to the first five teams in the list again to continue the sudden death play-off. If there is still no decision after this, the player with the better disciplinary record will progress. If still undecided, the player with the better results at the group stage will progress. If still no decision, the player with the lowest ranked ® team (as per the original rankings based on bookmaker odds) progresses.)

Edited by Jejima

Quarter-final penalty takers

Please send me your penalty takers for the 'quarter-finals' matches (NB: Not the round of 16 - I already have those!) either by email (preferred) or by PM here - make sure you include your shikona in the subject title (or at the very least in the text).

Please send me a list in order of likelihood your 11 picks of teams to reach the *semi-finals*. (So a maximum of 4 penalties will be scored - but positioning will be decisive ;-))

The deadline for sending me your quarter-final penalty takers, is the kick-off time of the first match of the round of 16.

I.e. Saturday, 28th June, 13:00 Brazil time (well, one of their time zones). when Brazil takes on Chile.

For anyone missing the deadline, I will use the penalty takers already submitted for the round of 16 (lots of Spains, Italys and some Englands in that mix ;-))

Edited by Jejima

Refiojis for the round of 16.

To keep things simple, each current refioji will be refereeing the players in his current group that finish either 1st (Cup match) or 3rd (Saucer match). This means that if you come 2nd or 4th in your group, your refioji will be changed - please take note (refiojis too!). (However, with chabonowaka's continued absence - and Jejima stepping in - this *may* have to be moderated for matches involving Group C and D teams, due to Jejima being in Group C, and I should not be submitting my line-up to myself. So Doitsuyama will be looking after the match that Jejima is involved in - I guess for the Bench Saucer - with the 'other' equivalent match-up being switched to Jejima.)

You need to indicate to your refioji your 'extra' team to you squad by adding (E1) behind it, E.g. Nigeria (E1) to make it easier for checking.

Also, please continue to highlight your ® and © teams (should you be lucky enough to have either or both in your squad.)

I guess the deadlines, unless otherwise stated by the refiojis, will be 6 hours before the kick-off of the Brazil vs Chile match.

Refioji: Achiyama

Cup match

1st Group A vs 2nd Group B

Saucer match:

3rd Group A vs 4th Group B

Refioji: Nekonishiki

Cup match

1st Group B vs 2nd Group A

Saucer match:

3rd Group B vs 4th Group A

Refioji: Doitsuyama

Cup match

Saruyama vs 2nd Group D*

Saucer match:

Daineko vs 4th Group D*

*see note above.

Refioji: chabonowaka/Jejima

Cup match

1st Group D vs Terarno*

Saucer match:

3rd Group D vs Harumataikai*

*see note above.

Refioji: shimodahito

Cup match

1st Group E vs 2nd Group F

Saucer match:

3rd Group E vs 4th Group F

Refioji: Saruyama

Cup match

1st Group F vs 2nd Group E

Saucer match:

3rd Group F vs 4th Group E

Refioji: Pandaazuma
Cup match
1st Group G vs 2nd Group H
Saucer match:
3rd Group G vs 4th Group H

Refioji: Jakusotsu

Cup match

1st Group H vs 2nd Group G

Saucer match:

3rd Group H vs 4th Group G

Edited by Jejima

Jezz...the knockout stage is fast approaching. I had a glance through this gargantuan thread but couldn't see any rules for that section. I have a couple of questions that will no doubt be answered by one of your all-covering posts shortly.

1. What's the deal with refiojis in the knockout stage? I guess you'll just announce a list.

2. Regarding Bench matches in the knockout stage, will we only be having winners and losers in our line-ups? Or will we also have draws (result after 90 mins? 120 mins?) as we have had in the group stage for a bit more variety?

Thanks again for your hard work on this game.

Only just read this message. I hope I have answered your questions....

Round 3 update:

Harumataikai: 1. Colombia, 2. Germany, 3. Italy ®, 4. Switzerland, 5. Ivory Coast, 6. Iran, 7. England, 8. South Korea ©, 9. USA, 10. Ecuador
Comment : After 2 matches already out of the race. Feel like I'm Spanglish today...

vs

Daineko: 1. Netherlands, 2. Brazil, 3. Switzerland, 4. Ivory Coast, 5. Costa Rica, 6. Uruguay ®, 7. Italy, 8. Ecuador, 9. USA ©, 10. South Korea

Comment: Tough draw for US today. Korea is letting me down.

Refioji: With Italy's loss, Daineko has definitely won this game (so will end up in 3rd place). The only question is whether my Brazil-based cousin will win 1-0 or 2-0....

Terarno: 1. Belgium 2. Switzerland 3. Argentina © 4. England 5. Colombia, 6. Ivory Coast 7. USA 8. Ghana 9. Costa Rica ® 10. South Korea

Comment : Probably not using my ® and © like I should, but round 3 could be "back scratching club" with already qualified teams...

vs

Saruyama: 1. Brazil, 2. Belgium, 3. Mexico, 4. Netherlands, 5. Iran, 6. England ®, 7. Greece ©, 8. Japan, 9. Ecuador, 10. Australia

Refioji: Interesting.... If Belgium wins or loses, Saruyama will win 1-0. If Belgium draws, Saruyama will win 2-1. So Saruyama will win this match, no matter what happens tonight. I *think* both players will be hoping for a Belgium draw against South Korea, to increase their goal ratio. (Note to self, must work on the 'Golden Boot results soon...)

Conspiracy Theorists take note - the Ghana Football Association has suspended and sent home Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari. Boateng allegedly insulted a coach, while Muntari is supposed to have physically attacked a GFA Executive Committe member. Ghana has not been eliminated from the tournament and plays Portugal today.

I have to wonder if this is all really related to the team threatening to boycott their game vs Portugal if the government didn't pay them what was owed, in advance.

Edited by Fukurou

Group F Round 3 update:

Kotononami vs Leonishiki

Kotononami:
1.France, 2.Argentina ®, 3.Costa-Rica ©, 4.Portugal, 5.Russia, 6.Mexico, 7.Greece, 8.Netherlands, 9.South Korea, 10.Ecuador

vs

Leonishiki:
1.Brazil, 2.Switzerland, 3.Portugal©, 4.Ivory Coast, 5.Italy, 6.Costa Rica, 7.Chile, 8.Ghana 9.Nigeria®, 10.Cameroon

Referee comments: Currently both have scored 1 goal. However the best that Leonishiki can hope for is a draw, as any result in spot for that wouldn't break his chain will break it spot 3 instead. Any points he gets out of spot 3 will give a point to Kotononami in spot 4. So he needs a draw or win for Portugal and a loss for Russia to get him the draw. Anything else and he loses. Kotononami could potentially post a LOT of points depending on how Russia does.

Kintamayama vs Kaiomitsuki

Kintamayama:

1. Brazil, 2. Bosnia ®, 3.Russia, 4. Italy, 5.Greece, 6.Chile ©, 7. Uruguay, 8. Mexico, 9. Algeria, 10. South Korea

vs

Kaiomitsuki: "Two Man Sound feat. Plastic Bertrand "Charlie Brown" / "Se voce quiser vou Ihe mostrar / a nossa Sao Paulo terra da garoa / Se voce quiser vou Ihe mostrar / Bahia de Caetano nossa gente boa. / Charlie / Eh meu amigo Charlie / Eh meu amigo Charlie Brown Charlie Brown..."" ()

1. Germany ©, 2. Bosnia, 3. Netherlands, 4. France, 5. Mexico , 6. Greece, 7. Uruguay, 8. Japan, 9. South Korea, 10. Iran ®

Referee comments: Kintamayama has banked one goal for sure, and a definite break at spot 4. If Germany loses, Kintamaya will win (2-0). If Germany ties, Kintamayama grabs a second goal, and Kaiomitsuki will need a Russia loss or draw just to tie things up. If Germany wins, a Russia loss or draw will hand Kaiomitsuki the win, while a Russia win will result in a draw for all. Confused? Good because now I am too.

That is all for now.

Saruyama (THE monkey referee)

🇩🇪⚽🇩🇪⚽🇩🇪⚽🇩🇪⚽🇩🇪⚽🇩🇪

Kuroimori's risky Nigeria pick backfired and broke his chain but all is not lost: this match is all on Ghana. A win for Ghana over Portugal will mean a 2-0 victory for Kamogawa. A draw or a loss for Ghana will give Kuroimori the match 1-0.

Go Portugal! Go Chain-breakers! :-) Edited by kuroimori

Go Portugal! Go Chain-breakers! :-)
YES! Edited by kuroimori

Group B Round 3 update

Portugal won so KikoCookie's chain breaks only in Slot 5. No goals yet, though, since we have to wait for Belgium. Result of the other bout, chishafuwaku vs Fujiko will be known after tonight's matches (or afternoon, evening, morning, as you like it :-) ). I will post the end result only tomorrow. Ganbare!!!!

Group%20B%20Standing%20-%202014.06.26.jp

GROUP E, ROUND 3, DAY 12 (lineup comments and results)

FURANOHANA.-.CHABONOWAKACRC.....5.....SUI

Day 13: With #3 and #4 in red, CRC's win is not enough reason to celebrate.

Day 14: Chabonowaka gets a SUI win to match CRC.

RESULTS: Furanohana's pick wins; Chabonowaka's pick wins, continues: Furanohana 0 - 2 Chabonowaka. (Day 14)

If I'm not wrong, Costa Rica did not win against England : 0-0. So Chabonowaka scores a goal, making it 3-0...

I am at the airport flying to Bulgaria on vacaton, so I'll eventually do the final update for group A tomorrow, when time and jet lag allow.

Group G Final Scores and Standings:

Portugal beat Ghana to give Kuroimori the 1-0 victory. Kamogawa was seriously let down by his team in this final match, with only two winners among the whole lot.

Kuroimori:

1. Brazil
2. Colombia

3. Nigeria ©
4. Mexico
5. Ecuador
6. Portugal ®
7. Russia
8. Italy
9. Costa Rica
10. Cameroon

Kamogawa:

Brazil

Ghana ®

Colombia ©

Cote d'Ivoire

England

USA

Italy

Japan

Costa Rica

Cameroon

Pitinosato scored a goal at the 3-slot but had his chain broken at the 4-slot. However, even with the break he leads 1-0. Unfortunately for him, Domichi equalises at 5-slot. And then Pitinosato strikes back to break Domichi's chain at 6-slot. Thus this match ends in a 1-1 draw.

Domichi:

1. Brazil
2. Colombia
3. Belgium

4. Russia
5. Mexico
6. Iran
7. Uruguay ©
8. USA ®
9. Bosnia
10. South Korea

Pitinosato:

1. Switzerland

2. Colombia

3. Germany ®

4. Croatia

5. Iran ©

6. Greece

7. Bosnia

8. Uruguay

9. Italy

10. South Korea

And so we come to the end of the group stage. Kuroimori wins Group G with 6 points. Congratulations! Pitinosato sadly finishes last but managed two draws so it's not too bad. Kamogawa and Domichi both finish with 4 points AND both have a goal difference of zero so this one comes down to goals scored...and that means Domichi goes through to the second stage with 2 goals compared to Kamogawa's 1 goal.

So:

1. Kuroimori...6 points.

2. Domichi.....4 points.

3. Kamogawa...4 points

4. Pitinosato.....2 points.

Congratulations to the winners and good luck in the knockout stages.

GROUP E, ROUND 3, SENSHURAKU of the group stages

ACHIYAMA.-.CHIJANOFUJI

BRA ©...1.....FRA

Day 12: Achiyama pours a Brazilian Wäls Petroleum craft beer for getting the first green #1 pick.

Day 14: A FRA draw?! No shutout in this round. Time for results.

RESULTS: Achiyama's © pick wins, continues; Chijanofuji's pick draws, continues: Achiyama 1 - 0 Chijanofuji. (Day 14)

NGR.....2.....ARG

Day 14: Chijanofuji and ARG win on the pitch and at the #2 pick. He pours an Argentinian Antares Imperial Stout.

RESULTS: Achiyama's pick loses, chain broken; Chijanofuji's pick wins, continues: Achiyama 1 - 1 Chijanofuji. (Day 14)

COL.....3...®.SUI

Day 13: Achiyama -- 4 wins...time to pour a Colombian 3 Cordilleras Mestiza craft beer.

Day 14: Chijanofuji, as part of a 3-win day with ARG, SUI, BIH, pours a Swiss Trois Dames Oud Bruin.

RESULTS: Achiyama's pick wins; Chijanofuji's ® pick wins, continues: Achiyama 1 - 2 Chijanofuji. (Day 14)

MEX.....4.....NED

Day 12: Wins for both #4 picks... this is going to be a battle.

RESULTS: Achiyama's pick wins; Chijanofuji's pick wins, continues: Achiyama 1 - 2 Chijanofuji. (Day 14)

FRA.....5...©.CRO

Day 12: Chijanofuji's grimace for now he needs a French win for his #1, but not Achiyama's #5 pick.

Day 14: The FRA draw is a relief for Achiyama.

RESULTS: Achiyama's pick draws; Chijanofuji's © pick loses, chain broken: Achiyama 1 - 2 Chijanofuji. GAME OVER. (Day 14)

URU.....6.....BIH

Day 13: With Achiyama's URU winning at #6 and Chijanofuji's URU at #8, he pours a Uruguayan Davok Shannon Dunkel.

Day 14: Chijanofuji, as part of a 3-win day with ARG, SUI, BIH, pours a Bosnian Livanjsko Svijetlo Pivo.

ECU.....7.....ALG

Day 14: The ECU draw is no help to Achiyama.

SENSHURAKU: ALG makes even draws at #7.

RUS.....8.....URU

Day 13: #8 for Chijanofuji. Will it matter?

SENSHURAKU: No... the #8 results did not matter.

KOR.....9.....NGR

Day 14: The NGR loss is no hurt for Chijanofuji, but celebrates with a Nigerian Legend Extra Stout after seeing Achiyama's #2 NGR.

SENSHURAKU: Achiyama adds some cheap soju to his mix.

HON ®...10....CMR

Day 12: CMR on the bottom was a smart Chijanofuji choice.

Day 14: If you are reading this and counting, these two players had EIGHT picks today!

Line-up records: Achiyama 4-3-3; Chijanofuji 5-2-3.

Roto-style 10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 scores: Achiyama (10+X+8+7+3+5+2+1.5+X+X = 36.5); Chijanofuji (5+9+8+7+X+5+2+3+X+X = 39)

Jejima’s rules from the bottom: Achiyama 0; Chijanofuji 1.

ANALYSIS: Chijanofuji had just a slightly better team. Achiyama had NGR in the wrong pick.

RESULTS: Achiyama 1 - 2 Chijanofuji. GAME OVER

========================================

Another missed call by your blind refyoji was, thankfully, caught and corrections made to the CRC-SUI pick #5 results.

In this round FURANOHANA & CHABONOWAKA faced each other. CHABONOWAKA started strong, breaking FURANOHANA's chain by pick #3, scored 3 points by pick #5; then went to pick #10 scoreless. The winning party involves a feast of Feijoada, Chivito, Hutspot, Cervalat, and Chiles en nogada from his five winning teams; as well much Samba, Tango, Clogging, Ländler, Jarabe tapatio dancing. In defeat, FURANOHANA mixes shots of Croatian Rakia, Chilean Pisco, Nigerian Kunu, Japanese sake (cheap stuff from a plastic bottle), and Cameroonian Palm Wine. Happy hangovers.

FURANOHANA.-.CHABONOWAKA

BRA.....1.....BRA

Day 12: Both players raise a toast of Brazilian Bodebrown/Stone Cacau IPA.

RESULTS: Both picks win, continue: Furanohana 0 - 0 Chabonowaka. (Day 12)

FRA.®...2.....ITA

Day 13: Chabonowaka's drone pick had ITA & URU in the wrong order.

Day 14: With the FRA ® draw, this game will continue for both players.

RESULTS: Furanohana's ® pick draws, continues; Chabonowaka's pick loses, continues: Furanohana 0 - 0 Chabonowaka. (Day 14)

CRO.....3.....URU

Day 12: Not good news for Furanohana. The "little bit Croatia" wish did not come true.

Day 13: Chabonowaka's drone pick had ITA & URU in the wrong order.

RESULTS: Furanohana's pick loses, chain broken; Chabonowaka's pick wins, continues: Furanohana 0 - 1 Chabonowaka. (Day 14)

CHI.....4...©.NED

Day 12: CHI and NED met on the pitch today and Chabonowaka gets the victory and pours a fine Dutch Jenever.

RESULTS: Furanohana's pick loses; Chabonowaka's © pick wins, continues: Furanohana 0 - 2 Chabonowaka. (Day 14)

CRC.....5.....SUI

Day 13: With #3 and #4 in red, CRC's draw is not enough reason to celebrate.

Day 14: Chabonowaka gets a SUI win to top CRC.

RESULTS: Furanohana's pick draws; Chabonowaka's pick wins, continues: Furanohana 0 - 3 Chabonowaka. (Day 14)

POR.....6.....MEX

Day 12: Three wins for Chabonowaka. Time to add a Mexican Cucapá Barley Wine (Centenario).

SENSHURAKU: A win for Furanohana.

RESULTS: Furanohana's pick wins; Chabonowaka's pick wins, continues: Furanohona 0 - 3 Chabonowaka. (Senshuraku)

NGR.....7...®.ECU

Day 14: Red for Furanohana, a draw for Chabonowaka.

RESULTS: Furanohana's pick loses; Chabonowaka's ® pick wins, continues: Furanohana 0 - 3 Chabonowaka. (Senshuraku)

JAP.....8.....USA

Day 13: Furanohana gets no #8 green from JAP.

SENSHURAKU: Chabonowaka is having a tough time getting bonus points.

RESULTS: Furanohana's pick loses; Chabonowaka's pick loses, continues: Furanohana 0 - 3 Chabonowaka. (Senshuraku)

CMR.©...9.....KOR

Day 12: The only of three losses for Furanohana in the bottom half of his line-up.

SENSHURAKU: Chabonowaka is still having a tough time getting bonus points.

RESULTS: Furanohana's pick loses; Chabonowaka's pick loses, continues: Furanohana 0 - 3 Chabonowaka. (Senshuraku)

ECU.....10....IRI

Day 14: Red for Chabonowaka; a draw for Furanohana.

RESULTS: Furanohana's pick draws; Chabonowaka's pick loses, chain broken: Furanohana 0 - 3 Chabonowaka. GAME OVER. (Senshuraku)

Line-up records: Furanohana 2-5-3; Chabonowaka 5-1-4.

Roto-style 10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 scores: Furanohana (10+4.5+X+X+3+5+X+X+X+.5 = 23); Chabonowaka (10+X+8+7+6+5+2+X+X+X = 38)

Jejima’s rules from the bottom: Furanohana 0; Chabonowaka 0.

ANALYSIS: Chabonowaka dominated and it's amazing he scored only 3 points.

RESULTS: Furanohana 0 - 3 Chabonowaka. GAME OVER

Edited by shimodahito

GROUP E standings going into the 16-team phase.

...............G...W...D...L...GS...GA...Pts

Chijanofuji....3...2...0...1...5....4.....6

Furanohana.....3...2...0...1...4....5.....6

Achiyama.......3...1...0...2...4....3.....3

Chabonowaka....3...1...0...2...3....4.....3

If I'm correctly understanding the rules, shimodahito will continue to be the blind refyoji for 1st place Chijanofuji (cup round) and 3rd place Achiyama (saucer round).

Saruyama will be the refyoji for 2nd place Furanohana (cup round) and 4th place Chabonowaka (who droned for round 3 and will be in the saucer round).

Edited by shimodahito

Round 3 results - Group H

Game 1:

Rubensan 0:3 shumitto
(South Korea) (Belgium)

Brazil W 0:1 W Belgium ®
Portugal W 0:0 W Brazil
Ivory Coast L x:1 W Switzerland
Switzerland W x:0 W Netherlands
Netherlands W x:0 D England
Italy © L x:0 L Nigeria
Bosnia W x:0 W Mexico
Honduras L x:1 W Bosnia
Nigeria L x:0 L Iran
South Korea ® L x:0 L Australia ©

shumitto's chain went unscathed to the end, but he scored "only" three goals.

Game 2:

Doitsuyama 1:0 Nekonishiki
(Algeria) (Russia)

Spain © W 0:0 W Netherlands
Bosnia W 1:x L Italy
South Korea L 0:x L Iran
Algeria ® D 0:x W Mexico ©
Italy L x:x W Spain
Portugal W x:x D Russia ®
Chile L x:x W Portugal
Mexico W x:x L Ghana
Japan L x:x L Nigeria
Greece W x:x L Australia

No more goals for Doitsuyama in the second half.

Player P W D L GF GA GD Points
shumitto 3 3 0 0 8 0 +8 9
Rubensan 3 2 0 1 5 3 +2 6
Doitsuyama 3 1 0 2 1 4 -3 3
Nekonishiki 3 0 0 3 0 7 -7 0

Rubensan and Nekonishiki will now have Pandaazuma as refioji.

"My" players for the next stage: shumitto, Domichi, Doitsuyama, Pitinosato

Since I'll be offline from Saturday till Sunday, the deadline will be kickoff for Brazil-Chile. I'll post the lineups as soon as possible.