Sign in to follow this  
Jejima

Bench World Cup 2014

Group B Round 2 update

Bosnia lost, but the chains were not broken for the three players still in race. No new goals, either.
Fujiko cheers for Russia today, while ScreechingOwl for Belgium.
The only leader so far chishafuwaku waits for today's third match. Seeing Portugal's performance, anything can happen.
I admit I underestimated Team USA.
Well, tomorrow we'll know the end results of Round 2.

Group%20B%20Standing%20-%202014.06.22.jp

GROUP E, ROUND 2, DAY 10.

- neither match over... Furanohana takes early lead. Achiyama racking up more points.

----and please send your ROUND 3 picks to Shimodahito!

......FURANOHANA............CHIJANOFUJI..

FRA............Les Bleus.®...1...Albicelestes.......ARG

Day 9: A #1 pick FRA in green for Furanohana, his second win today. Do the French have good craft beer? Yes, and a La Bavaisienne Ambrée is poured.

Day 10: ARG did not deserve this win against Team Melli, but Chijanofuji will take it.

RESULTS: Furanohana ® pick wins, scores. Chijanofuji pick wins, continues: Furanohana 1 - 0 Chijanofuji. (Day 10)

BRA................Seleção...2...Oranje.............NED

Day 6: The BRA draw is too close to the top of Furanohana's line-up to celebrate.

Day 7: NED wins and would give Chijanofuji the #2 edge, so he pours a Dutch craft -- Emelisse White Label Imperial Russian Stout.

RESULTS: Furanohana pick draws, continues. Chijanofuji pick wins, continues: Furanohana 1 - 0 Chijanofuji. (Day 10)

Hold on, that's not right (Shaking head...)

I want a mono-ii ;-)

. (Mono-ii...)

BRA and NED are both N teams, and since BRA had a draw and NED won, I score a goal, making it 1-1, with both chains unbroken....

Mind you, I do need a loss or draw by Portugal (unlikely, in my opinion) against the USA today or Furanohana will still win by 2-1 because of his CRO win and my BIH loss, which would break my chain....

Go USA! (Nodding yes...) (Please!?...) (Praying...)

Edited by Chijanofuji

Neko...I think Owl is done because his chain is broken by Bosnia. He's losing 2-0 and it could end up a massacre.

Round 3 matches....

Group A

Fujiyama (Cameroon) vs Chocshoporyu (Brazil)

Jakusotsu (Croatia) vs andonishiki (Mexico)

Group B

chishafuwaku (Netherlands) vs Fujiko (Chile)

ScreechingOwl (Australia) vs KikoCookie (Spain)

Group C

Maguroyama (Japan) vs shimodahito (Colombia)

Jejima (Greece) vs Pandaazuma (Ivory Coast)

Group D

Harumataikai (Italy) vs Daineko (Uruguay)

Terarno (Costa Rica) vs Saruyama (England)

Group E

Achiyama (Honduras) vs Chijanofuji (Switzerland)

chabonowaka (Ecuador) vs Furanohana (France)

Group F

Leonishiki (Nigeria) vs Kotononami (Argentina)

Kintamayama (Bosnia) vs Kaiomitsuki (Iran)

Group G

kuroimori (Portugal) vs kamogawa (Ghana)

Domichi (USA) vs Pitinosato (Germany)

Group H

Rubensan (South Korea) vs shumitto (Belgium)

Doitsuyama (Algeria) vs Nekonishiki (Russia)

Neko...I think Owl is done because his chain is broken by Bosnia. He's losing 2-0 and it could end up a massacre.

You are right, thanks.

Group%20B%20Standing%20-%202014.06.221.j

Edited by Nekonishiki Banji

Group%20B%20Standing%20-%202014.06.22-co

Can you please fix that link? It doesn't work for me, taking this thread forever to load.

Can you please fix that link? It doesn't work for me, taking this thread forever to load.

I don't know what was with it, seemed OK for me. Is it all right now?

Group G Latest Scores:

In the second match Domichi gets the luck he didn't get in his first match as Italy lose, severely reducing the potential damage his very high South Korea pick might cause. If South Korea win, Domichi will take the match 1-0. If South Korea draw, it will be 0-0 with Kuroimori's chain broken...however Kuroimori's line-up is fairly good and has a chance of holding on for a draw. A South Korea loss would keep the match very open. So, as anticipated, the SK-Algeria match will be the key one here.

Domichi:

1. South Korea

2. Brazil

3. Bosnia

4. Colombia

5. Belgium

6. Uruguay ©

7. USA ®

8. Iran

9. Russia

10. Mexico

Kuroimori:

1. Italy

2. Brazil

3. Portugal ®

4. Ecuador

5. Colombia

6. Russia

7. Nigeria ©

8. Mexico

9. Cameroon

10. Costa Rica

Bugger! Why couldn't Russia just hold on a couple of minutes more....

Well, time now to cheer for Algeria right now - and Portugal tomorrow!

Group G Latest Scores:

In the second match Domichi gets the luck he didn't get in his first match as Italy lose, severely reducing the potential damage his very high South Korea pick might cause. If South Korea win, Domichi will take the match 1-0. If South Korea draw, it will be 0-0 with Kuroimori's chain broken...however Kuroimori's line-up is fairly good and has a chance of holding on for a draw. A South Korea loss would keep the match very open. So, as anticipated, the SK-Algeria match will be the key one here.

Domichi:

1. South Korea

2. Brazil

3. Bosnia

4. Colombia

5. Belgium

6. Uruguay ©

7. USA ®

8. Iran

9. Russia

10. Mexico

Kuroimori:

1. Italy

2. Brazil

3. Portugal ®

4. Ecuador

5. Colombia

6. Russia

7. Nigeria ©

8. Mexico

9. Cameroon

10. Costa Rica

Thanks Algeria, don't overdo it!

Didn't know that cheering actually works...

I don't know what was with it, seemed OK for me. Is it all right now?

Yup, works.

- neither match over... Furanohana takes early lead. Achiyama racking up more points.

Day 9: A #1 pick FRA in green for Furanohana, his second win today. Do the French have good craft beer? Yes, and a La Bavaisienne Ambrée is poured.

Day 10: ARG did not deserve this win against Team Melli, but Chijanofuji will take it.

RESULTS: Furanohana ® pick wins, scores. Chijanofuji pick wins, continues: Furanohana 1 - 0 Chijanofuji. (Day 10)

Day 6: The BRA draw is too close to the top of Furanohana's line-up to celebrate.

Day 7: NED wins and would give Chijanofuji the #2 edge, so he pours a Dutch craft -- Emelisse White Label Imperial Russian Stout.

RESULTS: Furanohana pick draws, continues. Chijanofuji pick wins, continues: Furanohana 1 - 0 Chijanofuji. (Day 10)

I want a mono-ii ;-)

. (Mono-ii...)

BRA and NED are both N teams, and since BRA had a draw and NED won, I score a goal, making it 1-1, with both chains unbroken....

Mind you, I do need a loss or draw by Portugal (unlikely, in my opinion) against the USA today or Furanohana will still win by 2-1 because of his CRO win and my BIH loss, which would break my chain....

I agree with Chijanofuji : NED makes him score au goal, making it 1-1.

But a draw by Portugal would not break my chain, and I have to putative goals waiting after that (Croatia and Ecuador). If I'm not wrong :

- USA wins : Chijanofuji wins 2-1

- Draw : Furanohana wins 3-2

- Portugal wins : Furanohana wins 3-1

Go Portugal !!!!!!!!

I want a mono-ii ;-)

. (Mono-ii...)

But a draw by Portugal would not break my chain, and I have to putative goals waiting after that (Croatia and Ecuador). If I'm not wrong :

Go Portugal !!!!!!!!

You are exactly right, Furanohana,

Those are the options.

I have to go out soon after the Portugal game so will make comments now and do the standings when I get home tonight.

As already stated, the first match is already over and is a 0-0 draw.

Pitinosato

1. Germany ®

2. Colombia

3. Italy

4. Bosnia

5. Croatia

6. Greece

7. Switzerland

8. Uruguay

9. South Korea

10. Iran ©

Kamogawa:

1. Brazil

2. Italy

3. Colombia ©

4. England

5. Japan

6. Ghana ®

7. Costa Rica

8. Cameroon

9. Ivory Coast

10. USA

The second match has proved a very exciting affair, and Domichi will be cursing his luck again with Kuroimori in the midst of a fantastic comeback after that risky South Korea pick came back to bite him. If Portugal beat the USA (Portugal currently leading 1-0 as I watch just before half-time), Kuroimori will win 2-1. Domichi will be supporting his home nation wholeheartedly, therefore, as a draw would mean a 1-0 victory for him, while a comeback win for USA will mean a 2-0 victory. Great stuff.

Domichi:

1. South Korea
2. Brazil
3. Bosnia
4. Colombia
5. Belgium

6. Uruguay ©
7. USA ®
8. Iran
9. Russia

10. Mexico

Kuroimori:

1. Italy
2. Brazil
3. Portugal ®

4. Ecuador
5. Colombia
6. Russia
7. Nigeria ©
8. Mexico

9. Cameroon
10. Costa Rica

Kamogawa now has 4 points and a +1 goal difference (F: 1, A:0). Pitinosato gets his first point on the board and has a goal difference of -1 (F:0, A:1). A Portugal victory will mean qualification for Kuroimori and elimination for Domichi. Anything else will blow this group wide open for an exciting final round.

EDIT: Domichi was a few seconds from elimination...he must have been going crazy when that last-gasp goal went in!! Portugal's draw broke Kuroimori's chain at 3. Domichi scores a goal thanks to Uruguay at 6 and his chain is finally broken at the 8-slot. A 1-0 win for Domichi brings him right back into it. He now has 3 points with a goal difference of zero. Kuroimori has exactly the same so they are tying for second place behind Kamogawa.

Edited by Pandaazuma

The Panda has just had a nightmare with opponents and I'm probably going out after two matches. Maguroyama was basically impossible to beat in the first round (unless I'd made ludicrously outlandish picks) and now Shimodahito looks like he's going to get five wins out of five at the top...and a draw in the sixth spot. My opponents have all avoided the upsets by not having them in their teams AND picked well. It doesn't cheer me up that I could have sneaked a draw if Messi hadn't scored in injury time and Belgium scoring right at the end didn't help either. And now, needing a USA victory, one of their defenders decides to be an utter moron and pass the ball to Nani in the box in the first five minutes.

I've definitely pissed someone off upstairs. Looks very much like me and Jezz are fighting for the wooden spoon...unless USA pull off a fantastic comeback win.

Group G Latest Scores:

Domichi:

1. South Korea2. Brazil

3. Bosnia4. Colombia

5. Belgium6. Uruguay ©

7. USA ®

8. Iran

9. Russia10. Mexico

Kuroimori:

1. Italy2. Brazil

3. Portugal ®4. Ecuador5. Colombia

6. Russia

7. Nigeria ©8. Mexico

9. Cameroon10. Costa Rica

Thanks Algeria!

..and thanks also to Portugal for taking the lead early on. Now bring it home!

Unbelievable! After two straight late goals screwing me in other games, an amazing comeback win for the Panda snatched away with the last touch of the game. What on earth was USA doing??

I have DEFINITELY upset the man upstairs somehow! :(

Wooden spoon, then, Jezz!

Go Portugal !!!!!!!!

And Portugal scores the 2-2 with about 30 seconds to go in injury time, giving you that 3-2 win! Wow! (Pulling hair...) (Struck by lightning...) (Censored...) (Bomb about to be blown...) (Blowing up furiously...)

Congratulations Furanohana! (Cheers...)

Edited by Chijanofuji

Group C Round 2

shimodahito 2 1 Pandaazuma
Argentina W W Netherlands
Portugal D GOAL Argentina
Croatia W W Ecuador
Colombia ® GOAL D Japan ©
Belgium GOAL BREAK England
Greece D W Belgium
Switzerland L L South Korea
South Korea BREAK W Algeria
Costa Rica W W Nigeria
Ghana © D L Ivory Coast ®

COMMENTS
shimodahito: My mid M pick South Korea roster plays league in Japan, England, Saudi Arabia, China, Germany, Wales. This round faith pick: Croatia. This round no-faith pick Belgium & Ghana. This line-up is sent without knowing the result of my round with Jejima! Pandaazuma, with the cigarette-smoking panda avatar, will be an honorable opponent this round. We have three common teams (ARG-BEL-KOR) that will add to the strategy.
Pandaazuma: While my team has the advantage of more likely winners, especially the Netherlands freebie that Shimodahito doesn't have, my opponent has a likely win with his ® team against my ® team...so I'm putting Ivory Coast well out of the way at 10 and just hoping my top order does its job. Good luck Shimodahito!
Refioji Pregame: As Pandaazuma recognizes he may have the disadvantage in the ® matchup, and in case of the expected result must hope for a stumble of shimodahito's top dogs
Refioji MbM:

Wed: That's a lively start with one high slot win for both teams.

Thu: shimodahito again wins the ® matchup which is generally a good idea and gave him the only goal in round one. Pandaazuma must root against injury (and idicoy) ridden Portugal which might come easy for him.

Fri: The second half starts slowly with Ecuador posting a win for Pandaazuma.

Sat: Argentina comes through very late for both players in high slots, otherwise still not much happening here.

Sun: This was a thriller until the very end as Portugals late equaliser probably doesn't save them in the group but saves shimodahito's chain in slot 2. Pandaazuma scores a bittersweet goal as he can only watch the two sitters against his team resulting in the 2:1 final score for shimodahito.

Maguroyama 1 0 Jejima
Argentina GOAL D Germany
Portugal D BREAK England ©
Japan ® D L Bosnia
Belgium W W France
Ivory Coast © BREAK W Colombia
Bosnia L L South Korea
Chile W D Greece ®
USA D W Algeria
Australia L L Ivory Coast
Iran L L Switzerland

COMMENTS
Maguroyama: Too bad for Japan in match 1, but I have confidence in my team in round 2. It will be a victory. Forza Nippon! If Argentina don't beat Iran, it will be messy for me…
Jejima: Three intra-squad match-ups! (Follow team orders). I have promoted England higher up in my line-up than they deserve for the following five reasons....

1.) Even a draw would help me out here, as they are my © team. 2.) I'm an England fan. If England loses they are probably (not definitely, if Italy wins all of its matches) out of the World Cup, which would make me very sad. So, I hope they will do their best. 3.) Suarez is not fit, and might not be starting....., 4.) Wayne Rooney has never scored at the World Cup in 9 games.... Surely 10th time lucky?! (He's not that bad....), 5.)

Refioji Pregame: Jejima really needs England to survive against Uruguay for multiple reasons. I still like Maguroyama'a lineup more for this round as the Bosnia placement is evidence for more favoured teams in his squad.
Refioji MbM:

Wed: Maguroyama starts off with a win for rather low positioned Chile, likely not too important but you never know.

Thu: A LOT of action to end the half! First of all the ® matchup results in a sleep-inducing draw. Maguroyama was a bit too aggressive placing Japan high which may again break his chain, but a lot earlier now. Secondly, both had their © teams losing which hurts Jejima (again) by ensuring a chain break in slot 2 for him. Still, this match may well end 0-0 with two early chain breaks if the powerhouses in slot 1 win, Portugal doesn't win and Bosnia doesn't lose.

Fri: Only France and Switzerland in action today, and Jejima got the order all right.

Sat: Maguroyama scores the decider in slot one with Argentina scoring against Germany! It's over for Jejima as his © team again ensures a chain break, this time even in slot 2.

Sun: Portugal misses the opportunity to score a second goal (in fact they can be happy to get a lat draw) for Maguroyama, ending the game in a tired 1:0 win.

Group G Latest Scores:

Domichi:

1. South Korea2. Brazil

3. Bosnia4. Colombia

5. Belgium6. Uruguay ©

7. USA ®

8. Iran

9. Russia10. Mexico

Kuroimori:

1. Italy2. Brazil

3. Portugal ®4. Ecuador5. Colombia

6. Russia

7. Nigeria ©8. Mexico9. Cameroon10. Costa Rica

Thanks Algeria!

..and thanks also to Portugal for taking the lead early on. Now bring it home!

Oh well, never mind... *grrrrmpf*

Group "A" Round 2 - Final Update:

Bout #1: Chocshoporyu vs. Andonishiki:

Andonishiki went through all slots without having his line broken and got a big win 4:1 over Chocshoporyu.

Bout #2: Fujiyama vs. Jakusotsu

Jakusotsu got a 2:1 win over Fujiyama as reported long ago.

Andonishiki is through to the Round of 16.

Jakusotsu and Chocshoporyu have to decide the second place team against Andonishiki and Fujiyama, respectively.

The 3rd Round will be very interesting.

Here is the Table:

(There is a little error in the Standings Table, I didn't posted the 1 goal allowed by Ando, so the goal difference is 6, not 7, :) Sorry! I'll fix the Table during the next update).

2014-BWC-GrA-R2-final_zps5cc04d12.png

Edited by Achiyama

Achiyama,

Andonishiki must have GS 7 and GA 1, so GD 6.

chishafuwaku

Hi Chishafuwaku,

Thanks for pointing out the error, but my question is did you read my text or just looked at the Table?

Just before the Table in RED I commented that there is an error, exactly what you explained. But as I was in a hurry I said that I'll fix the error during the next update. This error doesn't have a crucial effect on the Standings. :)

I have received the line-ups for Round 3 from:

ANDONISHIKI, FUJIYAMA and CHOCSHOPORYU

Waiting for the line-up from JAKUSOTSU.

Group G Round 3 Line-Ups!

Lads, please note I have edited the post (above) and put the results and current standings there.

And so we come to the final round of this exciting group. Anyone can still go through, although Pitinosato is in a must-win situation now.

Here are the line-ups for the first match:

Kuroimori:

1. Brazil

2. Colombia

3. Nigeria ©

4. Mexico

5. Ecuador

6. Portugal ®

7. Russia

8. Italy

9. Costa Rica

10. Cameroon

Comment:

This will be more than tough, so many shaky teams.

Kamogawa:

Brazil

Ghana ®

Colombia ©

Cote d'Ivoire

England

USA

Italy

Japan

Costa Rica

Cameroon

Comment: The only thing I gotta say - "WHY oh Costa Rica, WHY"?? Anyway, gonna be an interesting round.

Refioji comments: Kamogawa just needs a draw to qualify. Will he make it? Kuroimori has shown some real balls here, picking Nigeria at 3...they play Argentina!

And to our second match:

Domichi:

1. Brazil
2. Colombia
3. Belgium
4. Russia
5. Mexico
6. Iran
7. Uruguay ©
8. USA ®
9. Bosnia
10. South Korea

Pitinosato:

1. Switzerland

2. Colombia

3. Germany ®

4. Croatia

5. Iran ©

6. Greece

7. Bosnia

8. Uruguay

9. Italy

10. South Korea

After having 2 times bad luck with my #1 Spot, and only 1 Point,

I have only a minimal Chance to advance

The only possibility is to win with 2 goals, and a winner in the other match up

So I take the risk and take Germany R on #3

Hoping to score there the 2 Goals I need...

Thank you for ref' our Group Panda !!!

Good luck to all!

Refioji comments: Unsurprisingly, Domichi relegates South Korea to the bottom slot after their poor performance for him last time! It looks fairly even here...anything could happen!

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by Pandaazuma

Achiyama,

When I read it, that part in red wasn´t written.

I already have noticed that updating posts in this forum is not always ready for the other (not always get in real time what other people write).

Although not check carefully all the results, I will also being interested in the various meetings, and your group looks are nice, so when see Chocshoporyu vs Andonishiki 1-4, and Andonishiki with 0GA, it was easy to spot (Bye, bye...).

chishafuwaku