Sign in to follow this  
Jejima

Guess Kisenosato's Aite (Kaisei) - March 2014

Well, this was clearly a mistake, with me rushing to get things done once I had returned from vacation. As we all know that the Yokozunas should be the other way round, and so clearly a human error, I have no problem correcting it, even at this late stage. What do other players think?

Question for rijicho:

From the current banzuke:

Yaochoyama (Y1E 6-8-1) Y1 Profomisakari (Y1W 7-8)

I thought this was rather 'generous' of you to give me the Y-E position since I was a win short of Profomisakari. Now suppose hypothetically that Prof and I tied for yusho with all of our wins coming on the same days. Then the yusho would be awarded to the one with the higher banzuke position. Wouild Profomisakari have a legitimate claim to state the s/he should properly be the one awarded the yusho?

My position would be that any banzuke 'errors' would need to be appealed before the start of the basho. But it's not my call. How would you rule here? Is the banzuke set in stone once it is published? Can it be modified before the basho starts? After the basho starts? After the basho ends?

From where I sit I’m fine with this, but if I were to run a game, I would want to avoid possible controversies before they can occur. The thing about the banzuke is that it is not just a ranking, it also serves as a possible yusho tie-brekaer. If we declare someone the yusho winner, send out congrats, and someone suddenly swoops in saying the yusho is theirs because the banzuke was wrong, it would not be that pretty. A simple mention in the rules of “any appeals to modify the banzuke must be made before the basho begins” takes care of it.

we clearly need a democratically elected compliance officer for sumoforum games.

candidates should have experience, integrity and a clear understanding of HOW IMPORTANT sumogames really are among all other issues in real life. This is too often misunderestimated ;))

humor might also help

Final results:

Jejima slipped away from chishafuwaku who would have won by tie-breaker had he picked Takayasu and has to settle for all three sansho.

Jejima (7-8)

Gernobono (6-9)

kuroimori (6-9)

chishafuwaku (6-8-1)

shimodahito (5-8-2)

Yaochoyama (4-11)

Profomisakari (4-11)

Andonishiki (4-11)

hoshihitomi12 (4-9-2)

Jakusotsu (3-12)

XiaoTan (2-10-3)

Kaisei's aites: 1. Kotooshu, 2. Goeido, 3. Yoshikaze, 4. Ikioi, 5. Kotoshogiku, 6. Kakuryu, 7. Hakuho, 8. Harumafuji, 9. Toyohibiki, 10. Tamawashi, 11. Okinoumi, 12. Terunofuji, 13. Sadanofuji, 14. Tochinowaka, 15. Takayasu

Yusho:

Jejima (7-8) (Yusho winner...)

Shukunsho:

chishafuwaku 3

Kantosho:

chishafuwaku 3

Gernobono 4

Jejima 4

Ginosho:

chishafuwaku 5

shimodahito 4

Yaochoyama 1

Profomisakari 1

Gernobono 1

kuroimori 1

Jejima 1

hoshihitomi12 1

Many thanks Jakusotsu. Here are the final results:-

Profomisakari (Y1E 4-11) Y1 Yaochoyama (Y1W 4-11)

Gernobono (O1E 6-9) O1 Jakusotsu (O1W 3-12)

Kuroimori (S1E 6-9) S1 XiaoTan (S1W 2-10-3)

Andonishiki (K1E 4-11) K1 Jejima (K1W 7-8 (Big fish...))

Shimodahito (M1E 5-8-2) M1 chishafuwaku (M1W 6-8-1)

hoshihitomi12 (M2E 4-9-2) M2

KK line: 5-10

OQ line: 6-9

Shukunsho: chishafuwaku

Kantosho: chishafuwaku

Ginosho: chishafuwaku

New Banzuke for May 2014

Profomisakari (Y1E 4-11) Y1 Yaochoyama (Y1W 4-11)

Gernobono (O1E 6-9) O1 Jakusotsu (O1W 3-12)

Kuroimori (S1E 6-9) S1 Jejima (K1W 7-8)

chishafuwaku (M1W 6-8-1) K1 Shimodahito (M1E 5-8-2)

Andonishiki (K1E 4-11) M1 XiaoTan (S1W 2-10-3)

hoshihitomi12 (M2E 4-9-2) M2

Comments:

Both Profomisakari and Yaochoyama went MK in March. It is hoped that they will regain their Yokozuna form in May.

Jakusotsu will be kadoban for May.

Kuroimori will be promoted to Ozeki with a Yusho in May, (and will be considered for promotion with a good Jun-Yusho).