Sign in to follow this  
Manekineko

Silly-but-fun online games

It's a cloudy dreary Friday, so that may be why I was so amused by this:

Oriental Flirting Game.

Other suggestions welcome. Of course, Hungry Sumo is remembered fondly and played occasionally.. :-D

(And is also a much better game than the one above, but I digress.)

• Like 1

Woah the Sumo game is great, very addictive :) Can't get the flirting one working at the moment unfortunately as my browser is being difficult, i'l keep trying though. A friend linked me this a while: back http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

It's a cookie making game, lots of fun but i had to stop when i started getting electric shocks up my arm from all the clicking, it's a pity because i had 30 grannies baking around the clock for my cookie empire. :-D

Apologies for the double post, i found this one to be horribly addictive too http://goldenminer.org/

Is it just my impression or you like to click ?

Well if we're talking browser games, there usually is some clicking involved yes. :-P Try the Sumo one Manekineko linked it's the best one i've played in ages, level 24 is my best so far, can't get past it. :)

The hungry Sumo is a lot of fun. By some luck I managed to get to level 29, but the poisonous green opponents are absolutely devilish.

• Like 1

It's a cookie making game, lots of fun but i had to stop when i started getting electric shocks up my arm from all the clicking, it's a pity because i had 30 grannies baking around the clock for my cookie empire. :-D

This is one strange game... is it cheating if I have grannies baking for me in the background while I do actual work? :-D

• Like 1

The hungry Sumo is a lot of fun. By some luck I managed to get to level 29, but the poisonous green opponents are absolutely devilish.

I stopped at level 53, looks like mission impossible :-S

29 was piece of cake ;-)

• Like 1

This is one strange game... is it cheating if I have grannies baking for me in the background while I do actual work? :-D

No, all legit i'm sure. :-D You can upgrade them too, once you get the bingo center/research facility and steel-plated rolling pins, your cps (cookies per second) will sky-rocket.

As for level's 29 and 53, you guys are beasts! I got to go try again hehe.

Edited by Bugman

No, all legit i'm sure. :-D You can upgrade them too, once you get the bingo center/research facility and steel-plated rolling pins, your cps (cookies per second) will sky-rocket.

I have now started the Grandmapocalipse. As I said, that is one strange game. :-D

Edited by Manekineko
  • Like 1

How far did you get? I stalled with a 512 tile on board.

How far did you get? I stalled with a 512 tile on board.

Same with me. I had the 512, a 256, a 128 and even two 64s but was horribly stuck positionally. Evil, evil game...

Would it be possible to reach 4096 with that board, or do you need a bigger field?

Would it be possible to reach 4096 with that board, or do you need a bigger field?

Interesting question for mathematicians out there.

My personal best is also 512, but I live in hope of improving. I really, really like this one.

Why am I not surprised? B-)

Well done, mate!

Edit: Of course you clicked "Keep going" and made the 4096, didn't you?

Edited by Jakusotsu

So it is possible. Damn, now I'll have to keep playing...

Actually on a 4x4 grid it is mathematically possible to get up to 216 which is 65536. Good luck trying though, you have better chances of winning the state lottery :-P .

2 2 4 8
128 64 32 16
256 512 1024 2048
32768 16384 8192 4096
Edited by krindel
  • Like 1

Edit: Of course you clicked "Keep going" and made the 4096, didn't you?

I tried of course, and did well for a while, but got stuck at 26,000 points... it's just a liitle bit more difficult than 2048. But I was convinced that it's possible and tried with more failures, one getting really close... (Hit the wall...)

4096%20lose.jpg

After this tough loss I tried again and got to this position with a rather enjoyable sight for the 2048 enthusiast: (W00t, w00t, w00t...)

4096%20close.jpg

And that's the winning picture: (Zabuton flying...) (Doing a wave...)

4096%20win.jpg

Well, I tried for the 8192, but ran into an unfortunate combination later on and had to give up, ending the game as always: (A brave rikishi...)

4096%20over.jpg

• Like 1

How long did it take to play until you reached the 4096 tile?

Hmm, I didn't time it. I just timed to get to 2048, this was 20 minutes, so I guess it's about 45 minutes or so.

I tried hard to avoid getting addicted to this game but finally gave in. Yesterday I built my first 4096 tile and finished with a score above 60000. Anyone still hooked on this game? I hope the addiction will ease soon.