Sign in to follow this  
Fukurou

Rikishi Status Kyushu '13 - Final

Not surprisingly, Kotoyuki is kyujo due to anterior cruciate ligament damage and patella tendon rupture of the left knee.

Not surprisingly, Kotoyuki is kyujo due to anterior cruciate ligament damage and patella tendon rupture of the left knee.

This sounds like a very long kyujo if patella tendon is severely ruptured. Operation is unavoidable and recovery time very long. I doubt he'll be back before July or September,

• Like 2

This sounds like a very long kyujo if patella tendon is severely ruptured. Operation is unavoidable and recovery time very long. I doubt he'll be back before July or September,

:-(

6 months would be the minimum time of rest.

6 months would be the minimum time of rest.

...which is 2-3 months in the tough and manly Ozumo World.

Kotoyuki is very young, so he could find time to recover.

That was a very unpleasant injury. I found it traumatic even just to watch it from the other side of the world. How much worse must it have been for Kotoyuki himself. Poor guy. I hope he can come back from it.

• Like 1

Day 9

More comings and goings

East Sandanme 3 TOCHINOHAMA (3-1) is withdrawing from the tournament.

East Sandanme 23 OMINATO , (2-1-1, absent from day 7) is returning to the tournament.

If Kotoyuki indeed comes back after 2-3 months, don't expect his career to prosper for too long. Knees are already too much of a soft spot for rikishi as it is, let alone rushing the healing of a very serious injury on them. Ruptured tendons on the knees will never be the same again as they develop naturally over your growth. Letting them heal to the finest they can get without any trouble is crucial.

Edited by Koorifuu

Day 13

Two more withdrawing

West Makushita 50 NOTOAZUMA (2-4, fusen day 12)

East Sandanme 57 ASANISHIMURA (3-3)

Nikkan is saying that Chiyonokuni is kyujo for Day 13 due to a right foot/leg injury (Initial report). :-(

That "initial" scared the heck out of me. I happened to read it too fast and wrongly at first.

His injury proneness is denying him a makuuchi regular spot and there aren't any signs it's going to change. :(

Edited by Koorifuu
  • Like 1

Chiyonokuni is diagnosed with a right heel bone bruise, about 4 weeks rest and treatment necessary.

I love those old men and their Magic 8-Ball medical projections. A bone bruise is 4 weeks (and really hurts, if I may add), but ACL and patellar ligament injuries to the same knee are 3 weeks.

• Like 3