Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

元Takatoriki activities (beaten up)

Akinomaki    14,915

While visiting a pro-wrestling event former Takatoriki was beaten up by a villain team leader, whom he had provoked by criticizing him for having injured his hero Tiger mask, he had come to greet. 元Takatoriki had to be brought into the medical office.
bt-hk130929-2-ns-big.jpg

20130928-00000003-spnavi-000-1-view.jpg

Edited by Akinomaki

Akinomaki    14,915

As Kintamayama said, 元Takatoriki joins the pro-wrestling world, getting motivated after his eldest son (Taiho's grand-son) had joined in spring. Of course it's expected he will use “Takatoriki” as ring-name.
G20131001006722990_view.jpg

krindel    669

So sad...

I don't like it at all either, but Takatoriki was dismissed from Sumo with huge debts hanging over his head. Only a matter of time before he ended up going after the paychecks Akebono and Wajima also went after...

Jakusotsu    1,670

So sad...

Call me naive, but why exactly?
Check one or all:

- pathetic

- ridiculous

- disgraceful

- a pain to watch

• Like 2

Akinomaki    14,915

Rampaging in the yaki-niku restaurant Drago ドラゴ he runs. First fight on December, 12th.

06389000.jpg

• Like 1

Benevolance    1,001

"TOKOYAMA GOES WILD"

Nine sumo wrestlers are recovering from chonmage-related injuries after a rogue tokoyama ran amok at Drago restaurant last Saturday evening. Witnesses on the scene described the incident as "completely barber-ous". A local highschool student, Suzuki Inoue (152 cm, 62kg, 35C), had this to say: "It was very frightening. He kept screaming at everyone and waving his scissors around. People were too frightened to move. He was yelling something like, Intai! Intai! as he cut several inches of hair off the patrons."

Aran, a makunouchi-ranked sumo wrestler, was also present, though he apparently escaped any harm. Said, Aran: "When he started to come at me, my first instinct was to move quickly to the side and back-peddle. It probably saved my chonmage."

With notes from Associated Press

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Akinomaki    14,915

元Takatoriki wants to be Akebono-killer in pro-wrestling as well, training every day: 150 push-ups, 500 squats. “Like when I was 130kg, I have to be able again to do a backward somersault.”
Next year or later a fight of the two may take place.
http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/mens_prores/199245/
20131030-00000017-tospoweb-000-4-view.jp

Akinomaki    14,915

While visiting a pro-wrestling event former Takatoriki was beaten up by a villain team leader, whom he had provoked by criticizing him for having injured his hero Tiger mask, he had come to greet. 元Takatoriki had to be brought into the medical office.

As Kintamayama said, 元Takatoriki joins the pro-wrestling world, getting motivated after his eldest son (Taiho's grand-son) had joined in spring. Of course it's expected he will use “Takatoriki” as ring-name.

Already intai: Takatoriki will retire from pro-wrestling after his 3rd fight, which is on the 12th. In all 3 fights he faced his initial attacker.

I had skipped the several unpleasant pics of his career.

http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/mens_prores/354734/

Akinomaki    14,915

Takatoriki names being too busy with business (to train to really become a professional wrestler, although he does train daily) as the reason to stop - he now has 8 yakiniku restaurants all over the country. Saying that he wasn't deeply in debt and just in pro-wrestling for the money, but because he liked it.
Only one (revenge-)fight was intended after all. He says he just regrets that he couldn't fight Akebono (for that he would do another fight).
http://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/mens_prores/354612/

Funny: he calls the original Tiger-mask who trained him (but neither punches nor kicks) "sensei" and Tiger-mask calls him "oyakata". Even a sacked oyakata remains oyakata for the public?

He talked about his son, who still won't have his first fight: As a grandson of Taiho he mustn't be a laughing stock by showing a stupid fight.

"Debut at 46 is a record to be the oldest, isn't it? One does not do that for long."
http://www.daily.co.jp/ring/2015/01/10/0007646207.shtml

Edited by Akinomaki

Pica-Pica    24

These are some very funny captions for the scissors photo. I'd like to propose a regular SumoForum feature that would consist of a silly/strange/unusual photo for which members could submit captions (moderated, of course!). :-)

Edited by Pica-Pica

orandashoho    358

These are some very funny captions for the scissors photo. I'd like to propose a regular SumoForum feature that would consist of a silly/strange/unusual photo for which members could submit captions (moderated, of course!). :-)

What a great idea!

Jakusotsu    1,670

That feature is always on at the daily pics posts. Anybody is welcome to add their funny captions anytime.

Pica-Pica    24

That feature is always on at the daily pics posts. Anybody is welcome to add their funny captions anytime.

Now how did I miss that? -- Thanks!

Akinomaki    14,915
On 11.1.2015 at 11:32, Akinomaki said:

Takatoriki names being too busy with business (to train to really become a professional wrestler, although he does train daily) as the reason to stop - he now has 8 yakiniku restaurants all over the country.

Only one (revenge-)fight was intended after all. He says he just regrets that he couldn't fight Akebono (for that he would do another fight).

Funny: he calls the original Tiger-mask who trained him (but neither punches nor kicks) "sensei" and Tiger-mask calls him "oyakata". Even a sacked oyakata remains oyakata for the public?

He talked about his son, who still won't have his first fight: As a grandson of Taiho he mustn't be a laughing stock by showing a stupid fight.

19 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

The first son of Takatoriki, Yukio Naya (22, 195cm, 120kg) is now ready for his debut fight: on Feb. 4th, about 4 years after he entered pro-wrestling in March 2013 - he fell ill last year and for one whole year couldn't accomplish anything. It will be at a tournament of ancient martial arts, of sumahi - the ancient sumo of the type with which Nomi-no-Sukune fought Taima-no-Kehaya to the death. His shisho, the first Tiger-Mask (58) wants to revive that, the ancestor of all Japanese fighting sports.

And Takatoriki plans to be in that tournament as well - Akebono isn't mentioned - the reason thus is yet to be reported.

http://www.daily.co.jp/ring/2016/10/30/0009622658.shtml

Written 須麻比 sumahi, but as ancient Japanese it should rather be pronounced (close to) sumai (in old dictionaries hi is still used for i at the ending of many words) - sumaibito is what rikishi were called in those times. Pronouncing it sumai=sumo would have the NSK protest, I guess.

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1