Yubinhaad

Pictures from the Kyokai - 2013 Aki, Day 12

First, some pictures from Dewanoumi-beya's asageiko session on the morning of Day 12.

07x4.jpg

ycf8.jpg

Dewanoumi-beya has a long history, and photographs of former shisho watch over the keikoba. From the right in this one are: 19th Yokozuna Hitachiyama (shisho 1914-1922); former Komusubi Ryogoku (1922-1949) and 31st Yokozuna Tsunenohana (1949-1960).

rzjz.jpg

And more recent shisho, from the right former Maegashira Dewanohana (1960-1968) and 50th Yokozuna Sadanoyama (1968-1996).

w6hc.jpg

Also overlooking the keikoba is a photograph of Hitachiyama and Umegatani II, performing the sandangamae ceremony in 1909 to mark the opening of the first Ryogoku Kokugikan.

afp4.jpg

The current shisho, former Sekiwake Washuyama, oversees asageiko.

o6jy.jpg

Makushita co-leader Kihonoumi (right) had some practice bouts during the session. He faces former Juryo Arawashi in the yusho-deciding bout on Day 13.

6256.jpg

Dewaotori, Fujinoumi and Dewahayate.

ltoj.jpg

Kairyu and Dewaotori have a practice bout, while Dewahayate and Bungonishiki wait at the edge for their turn.

6wuy.jpg

Dewahayate and Kairyu prepare for a practice bout. Behind them are Sadanishiki, former Maegashira Towanoyama and Dewaotori.

pgz4.jpg

To the present-day Kokugikan now, where Mihogaseki-oyakata was back again to greet the fans with Hiyonoyama. It'll be Furiwake-oyakata for Day 13.

lrcw.jpg

Sekitori arrivals. Tamaasuka.

fvlh.jpg

Jokoryu.

aidt.jpg

Tokushoryu.

0k34.jpg

Kotoyuki.

0yzn.jpg

Masunoyama.

zllz.jpg

Wakanosato.

biwe.jpg

Tochinowaka.

lvgu.jpg

Aoiyama.

8ovd.jpg

Toyohibiki.

vfsr.jpg

In Makushita, former Juryo Toyonokuni and Dewanoumi-beya's Bungonishiki prepare for their bout. Bungonishiki won that one to move to 5-1.

i8de.jpg

Myogiryu and Okinoumi about to begin.

5etw.jpg

Yokozuna Hakuho vs. Ozeki Kotoshogiku.

3bkd.jpg

Tate Yobidashi Hideo in action.

4nxl.jpg

The exciting musubi-no-ichiban of Day 12, Ozeki Kisenosato vs. Yokozuna Harumafuji.

mgnv.jpg

Yumitori-shiki performer Satonofuji receives the bow from Shikimori Inosuke.

ssur.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks for all your contributions, which have been really excellent!

You're welcome. :-) There's been a nice variety this basho I think, especially with the two kimono days in there too, so credit to the Kyokai for that. I'm pleased you're enjoying the pictures.

Before I forget again, the popularity poll results for Day 12.

Makuuchi 1-2-3: Endo / Masunoyama / Ikioi

Juryo 1-1-3-3: Sokokurai & Terunofuji (tied) / Chiyootori & Kitaharima (tied)

On 27/09/2013 at 04:19, Yubinhaad said:

Also overlooking the keikoba is a photograph of Hitachiyama and Umegatani II, performing the sandangamae ceremony in 1909 to mark the opening of the first Ryogoku Kokugikan.

I'm not sure if you still have this one, but I might be interested in it... Could you upload it again? It would be highly appreciated! :) 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wakaebala said:

I'm not sure if you still have this one, but I might be interested in it... Could you upload it again? It would be highly appreciated! :) 

Well, it's a picture of a framed picture so it has reflections in the glass, but here it is:

9NZroh0F_o.jpg

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Yubinhaad said:

Well, it's a picture of a framed picture so it has reflections in the glass, but here it is:

You're just great, thank you! (It's magnificent!)

Edited by Wakaebala