Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

Yokozuna/Ozeki preperandum - Aki 2013

Hakuho was 11-0 in training bouts with Daikiho yesterday, tachi-ai checking included he did more than 20 bouts – on the 22nd departure for Jakarta, jungyo on the 24th, 25th.
Today he instructed ms Hokaho, how to receive harite, etc., lending him his chest in 29 bouts.
bb-sd-130819-hakuhou-ns-big.jpg

One more ball from the 17th
06260782.jpg

A book for children about him will be on sale on the 6th, illustrations by Kototsurugi. On the 7th a talk-show and handshake event are planned.
20130818-223801-1-L.jpg

Harumafuji giving tachi-ai guidance to Terunofuji, who did 31 bouts Moushi-ai, 4 with HF.
sp-ssd-130819-haruma-ns-big.jpg

• Like 2

Hakuho was 11-0 in training bouts with Daikiho yesterday, tachi-ai checking included he did more than 20 bouts – on the 22nd departure for Jakarta, jungyo on the 24th, 25th.

Today he instructed ms Hokaho, how to receive harite, etc., lending him his chest in 29 bouts.

For a couple seconds there I read that as "he instructed Ms Hakuho" and I was like "wha?"

Harumafuji out of luck – now he also hurt his right wrist, twisting it as he threw Terunofuji on the 18th. Moushi-ai was finished with that, he then only lend his chest to Takarafuji etc.
Nothing wrong with the bones: “The wrist is OK.”
G20130820006451990_view.jpg

• Like 1

Hakuho was 11-0 in training bouts with Daikiho yesterday, tachi-ai checking included he did more than 20 bouts on the 22nd departure for Jakarta, jungyo on the 24th, 25th.

For a couple seconds there I read that as "he instructed Ms Hakuho" and I was like "wha?"
Every time I see Hokaho mentioned I can't help but think of him as Hokaho, the "other" Hakuho. I really do have a weak spot for oyaji-gyagu.
  • Like 4

Kisenosato training with Takayasu – they had no summer vacations at the heya.
kise130821-f-ns-big.jpg

• Like 2

Hakuho restarted keiko with the basics after the O-Bon holidays. 100 shiko, etc., then Mongol-zumo and catch-ball with the trainer.

sp-ssd-130817-hakuho-ns-big.jpg

I have to say that never in a hundred years would I have imagined seeing an image such as this, even if I was stoned.

not a very rare pose for a pic by rikishi

here's Tochihikari back in the day for example

DSCF7032.jpg

• Like 1

Hakuho changed the number of sagari hanging down from the mawashi during the basho from the common 13 to 15, the number of days in a tournament.
He also has bought a pearl string for his haori kimono for 6 million yen some time ago, with 15 white pearls which of course symbolize 15 shiroboshi/wins, a zensho.
He said on TBS “Job tune” that this lucky charm has worked – see the recent winning streak.
Also on that show:
The
tachi from Gassan – he said he owns 5 tachi in all.
Hakuho was 62kg when he entered the heya. He wasn't allowed to do keiko, he just ate and slept 18 hours a day. As he was not moving at all in his sleep the other deshi wondered if he was still alive. He drank 5l of milk to gain weight. On his first dohyo appearance he was 80kg.
Now at 155kg (again the Hakuho research mentioned that 116kg of that are muscles).

Back in Narita
G20130828006499280_view.jpg

sp-nt-20130828-4-ns-big.jpg

Kisenosato (188cm, 177kg) has gained 4kg since April, though he tried to lose weight: “Because of the jungyo there was some lack of exercise. But 4kg are like an error of measurement.”
06291598.jpg

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 4

Harumafuji and Aminishiki each got a portrait from the Japan portrait painters association.
HF lend his chest in 27 bouts with Takarafuji, Homarefuji and Terunofuji. Aminishiki after 5 bouts with Homarefuji enthusiastically instructed Terunofuji.
sp-in-130829-02-ns-big.jpg

HF at the physical exam: 135kg, +1, personal record. Hakuho lost 2kg, 151.
sm-mh-130830haruma-ns-big.jpg

G20130830006516660_view.jpg

• Like 2

Making the new tsuna for Hakuho at Miyagino-beya, as always before a Tokyo basho. Some Kasugano-beya rikishi, who are tsukebito, also took part.
f-nsp130831_hakuho-ns-big.jpg

HF at the physical.
G20130831006519500_view.jpg

• Like 2

Hakuho will do keiko tomorrow on banzuke publication day. Usually this day is used for sending out banzuke sheets to the supporters (and interviews) and no keiko takes place. Hakuho heard that Tomozuna-beya will do keiko: he gets motivated by Kyokutenho (turns 39 on the 13th): “Doing sumo at this age is splendid. He has an expert way to relieve stress. If someone else can do it I can do it, too.” The interview is planned for 10 a. m., keiko before that.

06299974.jpg

• Like 3

Good to see Hakuko doin' serious keiko. Last basho he looked kind of lazy (and besides that he would get another zensho - I think his two last bouts, with Kise and HF were like we said here, "coisa de parça" (friend's thing - help you today, help me tomorrow)

Hakuho would like to do keiko with Endo (and Takayasu).

HF with a light start: he did his usual tachi-ai training with Takarafuji etc., the impact 25 times, no training bouts.

Kisenosato was 22-3 in training bouts with Takayasu.
spo1309030721000-p1.jpg

• Like 1

Hakuho would like to do keiko with Endo (and Takayasu).

Translation: He'd like to put the young whippersnapper in his place and let him know who is the King of the Ring around here.

• Like 1

Hakuho training. His Fukuoka koenkai plans to have a party for celebrating the Asashoryu-surpassing 26th yusho, as a rare case apart from the usual encouragement party before the Kyushu basho.

PK2013090402100069_size0.jpg

Nearly no press visiting HF's keiko day 1. He disappeared to the bath after doing his own keiko.

As the heya top he should watch over the others till the end of keiko.

c53f27ffebd6a0eec8de1b49f7720a36.jpg

• Like 2

Harumafuji out of luck – now he also hurt his right wrist, twisting it as he threw Terunofuji on the 18th. Moushi-ai was finished with that, he then only lend his chest to Takarafuji etc.

Nothing wrong with the bones: “The wrist is OK.”

Harumafuji was 13-3 with Takarafuji etc, losing two straight to Terunofuji. His injured right wrist taped, but he comments with the usual “Daijoubu” (OK). He plans for degeiko next week.

sp-hkoharuma-ns-big.jpg

Hakuho tried a lot of moves in 21 keiko bouts with Daikiho etc.

• Like 1

Harumafuji and Aminishiki each got a portrait from the Japan portrait painters association.

Hakuho and Daikiho have also received portraits of themselves. The portrait of Daikiho shows him with an impressive oicho-mage, which I believe is called artistic licence. (Laughing...) It turns out that during the Nagoya basho, a sumo portraits exhibition was held at the Mitsukoshi shopping centre in the Sakae district of Nagoya, featuring portraits of 40 sekitori by various artists. A few small pictures can be seen here.

ehc6.jpg

p4ou.jpg

3ahr.jpg

• Like 4

Hakuho tried a lot of moves in 21 keiko bouts with Daikiho etc.

White (Phoenix) to move and win in 21 moves?
  • Like 1

Hakuho with the chief secretary of the portrait painters association.
G20130906006561320_view.jpg

sp-hk130906-3-ns-big.jpg

Daikiho remarked about the ōichō top knot that his hair is thin, so that even when it is long enough it will not lead to a ginkgo leaf that impressive.
sp-hirose-0905-08-ns-big.jpg

Takayasu had 36 training bouts at the heya, including 27 in a row with Kisenosato, against whom he won 3.

• Like 5

At the Nishonoseki-ichimon combined keiko with 10 sekitori, today in Matsugane-beya, Kisenosato was 12-5 with Kotoshogiku, but often being defensive.
Suriashi training in the park after keiko.
06318179.jpg

sumou-kise-ns-big.jpg

The YDC set the basho quota for HF to 12 wins.

Hakuho at the event for promoting his autobiography for kids, on sale since the 6th.
Talk-show and handshake event for 50 kids with a parent.
bb-sd-130907-hakuhou-ns-big.jpg

06318180.jpg

06318528.jpg

• Like 2

Hakuho wants to continue till the Tokyo Olympics: yokozuna till the age of 35.
He wants to appeal with sumo to the world – maybe he thinks there will be something like the Nagano Olympic dohyo-iri (from my video presentation

and
)

k-sp-0908-0011-ns-big.jpg

yesterday
G20130908006574850_view.jpg

Kise
G20130908006574950_view.jpg

sp-hk130908-2-ns-big.jpg Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2

Hakuho thinks that if he can't be yokozuna till the Tokyo Olympics, he could enter as athlete in a sumo exhibition event. As he also confirmed that he wants to get the Japanese nationality to become an oyakata, the whole idea becomes more and more his favorite thing, a dream.

mrt13090819110001-p1.jpg

• Like 2

sp-hk130908-2-ns-big.jpg

There are probably a ton of things to say about this picture but mainly I'm stuck between:

"Meanwhile in Japan..." or... "Only in Japan"

• Like 9