Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

Yokozuna/Ozeki preperandum - Aki 2013

Kisenosato restarted keiko, not on the dohyo, just the basics. He had rested for a week: “I was more tired than usual, but that has mostly disappeared. Having been able to go on for 15 days with that sort of mental condition gives me self-confidence.”

About the 3 losses in the first half: “Cause unknown. I think there is also a frailty, a weakness.”

He is also aware of being too eager: “I have to be in a state free of thoughts to win.”

• Like 2

06204965.jpg
keiko restart yesterday by Kise

Harumafuji yesterday returned from Mongolia with his newborn son (showed him to the family maybe).
He was refreshed by the air at home, but didn't get the mud treatment for his ankles – less than a week was not enough for this.
sp-ssd-130729-haruma-ns-big.jpg

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 3

I gather there is a rule about wrestlers having facial hair? Because Harumafuji is rocking that balbo like a swashbuckler.

• Like 1

I have torn ligaments in my left ankle. The small ones, when they tear you kind of just leave it, fixing it takes surgery and is a pain in the ass. You end up with a sort of loose ankle , it sucks and the propensity for further injury is there. He better operate it or tape that sumbitch up HARD for training. I'm talking " muay thai cant move my foot Sagat style put two rolls on this mo-fo" taping.

I have torn ligaments in my left ankle. The small ones, when they tear you kind of just leave it, fixing it takes surgery and is a pain in the ass. You end up with a sort of loose ankle , it sucks and the propensity for further injury is there. He better operate it or tape that sumbitch up HARD for training. I'm talking " muay thai cant move my foot Sagat style put two rolls on this mo-fo" taping.

Dude, where were have you been recently?

Hakuho back from vacation in Mongolia: “The injury isn't completely OK. From now on it's with watching the circumstances. On the 2nd the Tohoku jungyo starts, hopefully there will be excitement. In Mongolia I was half the time able to go on slowly and half was busy.”
Asking for sumo news in Japan, told about Endo in white mawashi at the training institute: “That is amusing. I'm also looking forward to the jungyo. Maybe the likes of Endo, Oosunaarashi, Chiyotairyu, Takayasu will be the special feature of keiko.”
sp-hirose-0731-01-ns-big.jpg

• Like 2

Harumafuji guiding Homarefuji, who does moushi-ai keiko with Takarafuji.

06208083.jpg

He restarted keiko on the 30th: Suriashi, dumbbell training. “The ankles don't heal easily. I'm putting on calf and thigh muscles, the back of the hips. I'll rebuild from the start both mind and body.”

• Like 1

Kisenosato training 10 with Takanoyama and then Takayasu (11): 20-1. He thinks he has 175kg or more and wants to get back to around 170kg. He also gave Takayasu a rigid training session, 20 minutes of butsukari-geiko.
20130807-014222-1-L.jpg

sp-hirose-0807-01-ns-big.jpg

• Like 3

No words can describe that picture!

News reports about beached whales come to mind, though.
  • Like 3

sp-hirose-0807-01-ns-big.jpg​

Kise: " Go ahead... Say something else about my Momma..."

• Like 3

I'm not kidding man. I want my money by tomorrow night. Or else I'll break the other arm.

• Like 2

We give you 10 seconds to yield and then we send someone for the feathers.

• Like 3

Golfer Mika Miyasato with Hakuho after asa-geiko: moushi-ai with Daikiho. The injury is no longer noticeable.
20130809-059905-1-L.jpg

• Like 1

Either she's standing on a higher step, or she's bloody tall!

I didn't recall seeing - was it ever established what injury Hakuho had?

Either she's standing on a higher step, or she's bloody tall!

She's standing on the agari-zashiki, an elevated area in the heya's keikoba on which oyakata and guests sit and follow keiko.

• Like 3

that ... or she has the longest calves you can possibly have with a body like hers ... :-P

• Like 1

Perhaps she's standing on a used keiko opponent, because according to Wiki she's only 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m).

• Like 5

Ex-Sentoryuu met Yokozuna Harumafuji at the gym today.

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1

Hakuho restarted keiko with the basics after the O-Bon holidays. 100 shiko, etc., then Mongol-zumo and catch-ball with the trainer.
sp-ssd-130817-hakuho-ns-big.jpg

• Like 2

Hakuho back from vacation in Mongolia: “The injury isn't completely OK. From now on it's with watching the circumstances.

What injury is he talking about?

Hakuho restarted keiko with the basics after the O-Bon holidays. 100 shiko, etc., then Mongol-zumo and catch-ball with the trainer.

sp-ssd-130817-hakuho-ns-big.jpg

I have to say that never in a hundred years would I have imagined seeing an image such as this, even if I was stoned.

• Like 1

Hakuho back from vacation in Mongolia: “The injury isn't completely OK. From now on it's with watching the circumstances.

What injury is he talking about?

Day 13:

Now all papers report that Hakuho got his injury in the Kakuryu bout and aggravated it the day after.

Day 11:

Hakuho today hurt his right side, twisted while doing the uwatenage to throw down Kotoshogiku.

Hakuho went to a hospital for check and treatment: “Nothing wrong with the bones, so it's OK.”

Miyagino-oyakata: “It is similar to a slightly pulled muscle. He likely got it at the tachi-ai impact. There should be no kyujo.”

Hakuho after the bout: "It felt like electricity running through."

Nikkan and NHK speak of a bruise.

Miyagino-oyakata: "No kyujo tomorrow."