Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Nagoya 2013 Videos- Promo and All Days

Blasphemy! I love sumo but I'd give it all up for test cricket

i prefer 20-20

Double blasphemy!!! They shouldn't even be allowed to call that cricket.

• Like 1

Agreed

Blasphemy! I love sumo but I'd give it all up for test cricket

i prefer 20-20

Double blasphemy!!! They shouldn't even be allowed to call that cricket.
Agreed!

Cricket? Isn't that this noisy kind of bug?

I prefer frogs.

Edited by Jakusotsu

Brilliant as always Kinta, thank you very much, i watched the Goeido bout over a few times and it does look weird, but i think Tochiozan simply lost his grasp and fell forward, i know what you mean though, i'm having a few conspiratorial thoughts too hehe.

The way that Tochiozan was blinking when he got up, he might have caught Goeidou's shoulder with his face the wrong way. But it didn't look like very hard contact, sooooo....conspiracy!

The way that Tochiozan was blinking when he got up, he might have caught Goeidou's shoulder with his face the wrong way. But it didn't look like very hard contact, sooooo....conspiracy!

No conspiracy. Just some friendly help between two war horses.

• Like 1

This is pretty cool

http://youtu.be/2uaBggRrTG0

That was certainly funny, but it also raises some interesting questions. I'm wondering how a rikishi can be "nokote iru" (still in the match) if his hands are touching the dohyo, as Kaorufuji's clearly were when the gyoji was indicating it was game on. How long could he sit there in his shikiri pose before the gyoji would have to say the match was over?

• Like 1

Subtitles of the second half too small? Experimenting with some stuff-looks too small to me.. (from Sadanofuji and north..)

I didn't like the C-64 blue frame part particularly. The semitransparent box for the subtitles is nice, though. Any chance for a font colour that is not as screamingly yellow as the current one?

Nitpicking...

Great (and speedy) job!

I didn't like the C-64 blue frame part particularly. The semitransparent box for the subtitles is nice, though. Any chance for a font colour that is not as screamingly yellow as the current one?

Nitpicking...

Great (and speedy) job!

The font has been screamingly yellow since day 1.. It's like a logo now.. As for the blue frame, i love it but the fonts are too small..I posted an alternate for the less frisky folk..

Nitpicking...

Great (and speedy) job!

I agree, the fade in blue frame didn't do it for me either. However, as you are the one who spends his valuable time to do this and I am the lazy bastard who benefits from your benevolence, I say, do it however you like. But I liked the former way better:)

• Like 2

Yup, fonts in the second half definitely too small. I don't mind the blue thingie otherwise.

ps. You should find a nicer (less blocky) kanji font for that Kintamayama transition graphic. :-)

Edited by Manekineko

Yup, fonts in the second half definitely too small. I don't mind the blue thingie otherwise.

ps. You should find a nicer (less blocky) kanji font for that Kintamayama transition graphic. :-)

Fixed the small font problem. It's great you noticed the transition graphic-it was a joke..

Won't Sokokurai stay up if he wins his last two?

He might, but 15 W is sometimes tricky, depending on oncoming traffic. I'm pretty sure he will be demoted..

Nitpicking...

Great (and speedy) job!

I agree, the fade in blue frame didn't do it for me either. However, as you are the one who spends his valuable time to do this and I am the lazy bastard who benefits from your benevolence, I say, do it however you like. But I liked the former way better:)

I've studied the issue, and tomorrow it should be better-the frame will remain blue, but the fonts will be OK and the transition will be smoother-I think it looks suave and professional.. Anyhow, I never do the same stuff for long, so..

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 1

Won't Sokokurai stay up if he wins his last two?

He might, but 15 W is sometimes tricky, depending on oncoming traffic. I'm pretty sure he will be demoted..

Oncoming traffic might be pretty low... Most people in Juryo seem to be actively trying to avoid Makuuchi for the next basho. My theory is that they are eager for a chance to fight Baruto and Tochinoshin :-).

• Like 3

The blue box makes it looks like a professional sports broadcast. :-)

Now you need some haughty-sounding British fellow to do voiceovers and call the matches and you'll be all set.

• Like 1

And you need to slap an NHK (Now Here's Kintamayama) broadcast logo on the feed.

Edited by Benevolance
  • Like 2

And you need to slap an NHK (Now Here's Kintamayama) broadcast logo on the feed.

I was thinking more like No Hair Kintamayama..

• Like 2