Akinomaki

Asashoryu activities

2 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

How about making "Former Rikishi Activities" a subsection of SUMO INFORMATION POND ?

I think that's a great idea!  Anyone else agree?

14 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

How about making "Former Rikishi Activities" a subsection of SUMO INFORMATION POND ?

If it is easy to make a new subsection, then rather "Sumo related off-topic" in sumo related subjects, because this is mostly no sumo information, but proper off-topic

Edit: and sumo information pond posts don't appear in the recent posted topics on the right of the main screen - this is what I don't like about the location

Edited by Akinomaki

On 19/07/2020 at 01:04, Akinomaki said:

If it is easy to make a new subsection, then rather "Sumo related off-topic" in sumo related subjects, because this is mostly no sumo information, but proper off-topic

Edit: and sumo information pond posts don't appear in the recent posted topics on the right of the main screen - this is what I don't like about the location

Okay, I agree about not putting it under Sumo Information Pond.  However, if we put "Former Rikishi Activities" as a subcategory under Sumo Related Subjects (which it IS), then it WOULD appear in the recent post topics on the right of the main screen.

It doesn't belong under either Off-Topic ("Casual discussion about topics not related to sumo") OR under Japan-Japanese Discussions ("Discuss about matters related to Japan in English or Japanese and about sumo in Japanese").

"Former Rikishi Activities" deserves its own sub-category under Sumo Related Subjects.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sumojoann said:

Okay, I agree about not putting it under Sumo Information Pond.  However, if we put "Former Rikishi Activities" as a subcategory under Sumo Related Subjects (which it IS), then it WOULD appear in the recent post topics on the right of the main screen.

It doesn't belong under either Off-Topic ("Casual discussion about topics not related to sumo") OR under Japan-Japanese Discussions ("Discuss about matters related to Japan in English or Japanese and about sumo in Japanese").

"Former Rikishi Activities" deserves its own sub-category under Sumo Related Subjects.

I'm out of reactions for the (Japanese?) day, but I like your idea.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Yamanashi said:

I'm out of reactions for the (Japanese?) day, but I like your idea.

I'm out of reactions, too, but thank you!

• Like 1

On 04/08/2017 at 19:24, Akinomaki said:
On 25/06/2013 at 16:12, Akinomaki said:

Asashoryu supporting the present president of Mongolia, from the democratic party.

In 2009 he supported the rival candidate, the former, then president from the peoples revolutionary party.

This time he did support the new president, on his Facebook, made him popular with the young and helped him win - and got the reward: he was made the president's special envoy to Japan.

Asashoryu announced on the 27th that he has stepped down from his post as the president's special envoy to Japan, he gave no reason for it. https://hochi.news/articles/20201028-OHT1T50192.html

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Asashoryu announced on the 27th that he has stepped down from his post as the president's special envoy to Japan, he gave no reason for it. https://hochi.news/articles/20201028-OHT1T50192.html

Opening up the post for Harumafuji?

Edited by Yamanashi

Maybe because he has less connections with the new PM, Suga; He has more connections with PM Abe.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2020 at 09:36, sumojoann said:

On 18/07/2020 at 23:05, Jakusotsu said:

Uhm, wondering if the plan to move the threads is still on :-)

Asashoryu has another nephew in Japan, セルジブデ・サンダガバザル (3rd year high school, 175cm, 75kg), the son of his elder brother who was pro wrestler in Japan. The lad is onto baseball, what his father loves, and due to Asashoryu's connection he joined Meitoku gijuku middle school when he came to Japan as first year. The school has a top class baseball club and he was a baseball novice, Asashoryu told him: "It will be hard". After graduation he wants to go to a Japanese university and continue with baseball, studying engineering. His future dream is to become national baseball coach in Mongolia, where baseball is only a minor sports.

4.jpgo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Asashoryu has another nephew in Japan, セルジブデ・サンダガバザル (3rd year high school, 175cm, 75kg), the son of his elder brother who was pro wrestler in Japan. The lad is onto baseball, what his father loves, and due to Asashoryu's connection he joined Meitoku gijuku middle school when he came to Japan as first year. The school has a top class baseball club and he was a baseball novice, Asashoryu told him: "It will be hard". After graduation he wants to go to a Japanese university and continue with baseball, studying engineering. His future dream is to become national baseball coach in Mongolia, where baseball is only a minor sports.

4.jpgo

... and the Engineering thingy will be a good backup in case the coaching slot doesn't open up.(Smokingpipe...)

Asashoryu yesterday was at the Saga prefectural office to meet with the governor and others. He wants to import local food to Mongolia, wagyu, rice, fruits. The Governor told him that he looks much more gentle now, nothing left of the killer instinct one could sense when one met him in the past. He presented Asashoryu with a local made beauty pack (likely for his new wife) and did some PR for Saga. http://www.saga-s.co.jp/articles/-/738394

img_e64ce415a2edb3653caf766d5b26847b7694

origin_1.jpgo

local news video: https://kbc.co.jp/news/article.php?id=7721412&ymd=2021-09-10

7eca9cf387ee17261f551d0d52db75d80a83758d

-> youtube-dl -q https://d3w2x3aijzip9a.cloudfront.net/1986/1534_225002_epi202109102110051_epi202109102110051_7__872000_640_0_47_2021091021100532624866.m3u8

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Another sad example of how masks have changed our lives.  The Beast of Ulan-Bator looks like he's heading over to a Groucho Marx lookalike contest.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

The Governor told him that he looks much more gentle now, nothing left of the killer instinct one could sense when one met him in the past.

The good Governor obviously hasn't looked at Asashoryu's Twitter...

• Like 1

Asashoryu had dinner with Ai-chan, Fukuhara Ai, the former table tennis queen of Japan and still the darling of the people.

20210916s00026000190000p_thum.webp

He praised her beauty and added a gambare Ai-chan.

She was recently divorced from her Taiwanese husband and now the whole thing has caused a small scandal in Taiwan, Asashoryu being under fire as well: She a scandal person (said to have had affairs), he a scandal person (forced out of the NSK) https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/news/3645970/

I can't find the pic on his Twitter, apparently he deleted it

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1