Akinomaki

元Asashoryu activities

Flyric    20

Looks like there's a legit link on Jet Li's Facebook (without the weird episode breaks either):

Edited by Flyric
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kintamayama    19,945

And now, from Asashouryuu- Internet TV station Abema TV has announced that on New Year's eve (December 31st, 8:00 PM) they will broadcast a special show with Asashouryuu-  "Oshidashi Asashouryuu and win ten million yen!! (approx. $90,000). In May they held a "beat Kameta (boxer) " show for the same sum. The station  PR is saying they went over to Mongolia in July and offered Asashouryuu this deal, which he accepted. Asashouryuu tweeted this today, showing a picture of him training. "I've started to train-I am in control!" he declared. 

.DQMQn7qUEAAA6C5.jpg

DQMLMCTUIAAFSiA.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Akinomaki    16,000

Forbes Russia made an interview with the President of Mongolia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaltmaagiin_Battulga - and he also spoke about the hinkaku of Mongolian rikishi - in Mongolian sumo.

He is chairman of the Mongolian Judo Federation and sambo ex-world champion: "It is Mongol-zumo that has respect for the sempai (seniors) and emphasizes dignity (hinkaku)." "For me Mongol-zumo promotes free creativity, and judo with its strict rules helps to control yourself."

http://courrier.jp/news/archives/105696/

in unison with Asashoryu

13511983_1086813174733844_75834592740470

13494972_1086814951400333_23902412840073

but he has fired Kyokushuzan - apparently by request of Asashoryu

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Thanks 1

Akinomaki    16,000

Asahoryu will be assistant to a Mongolian fighter, who is in the additional fight of the year-end RIZIN events. The RIZIN promoters want to make Harumafuji an offer (speculations name over 100 million yen), as soon as the legal procedures are over. http://www.nikkansports.com/battle/news/201712130000184.html

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Thanks 2

There was this poster on this board, who disappeared upon Asashoryu's retirement, claiming that Asashoryu has invested in many business and set for life financially. I knew through a friend of mine from the university that Asashoryu had done some investing in real estate and had set-up a brokerage or investment bank (I do not recall which one) during the height of mining boom in Mongolia, so I kind of believed what the said poster had claimed.

Anyhow, looking through his recent activities, I am wondering if he, as many other retired athletes, has not run out of money.

Joaoiyama    47
11 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Asahoryu will be assistant to a Mongolian fighter, who is in the additional fight of the year-end RIZIN events. The RIZIN promoters want to make Harumafuji an offer (speculations name over 100 million yen), as soon as the legal procedures are over. http://www.nikkansports.com/battle/news/201712130000184.html

VERY happy to hear that an athletic sumo wrestler may try mma, if he learns how to strike i bet he can do good, no one would take him down anyway.

Akinomaki    16,000
On 12/4/2017 at 23:14, Kintamayama said:

Internet TV station Abema TV has announced that on New Year's eve (December 31st, 8:00 PM) they will broadcast a special show with Asashouryuu-  "Oshidashi Asashouryuu and win ten million yen!! (approx. $90,000). In May they held a "beat Kameta (boxer) " show for the same sum. The station  PR is saying they went over to Mongolia in July and offered Asashouryuu this deal, which he accepted. Asashouryuu tweeted this today, showing a picture of him training. "I've started to train-I am in control!" he declared.

And he will fight Bob Sapp - who cached in plenty in the past by regularly beating Akebono o o

f_10830962.jpg

rules: no harite, no henka - only oshidashi for winning

Sapp trained at a heya in 2009

20171215s00041000241000p_thum.jpgo

• Like 2

Akinomaki    16,000
On 12/13/2017 at 13:22, Akinomaki said:

Asahoryu will be assistant to a Mongolian fighter, who is in the additional fight of the year-end RIZIN events. The RIZIN promoters want to make Harumafuji an offer (speculations name over 100 million yen), as soon as the legal procedures are over.

To Harumafuji "When we're sure about the legal proceedings, we want to make him an offer, regardless if he will do it or not" and "Since RIZIN started in 2015 we're trying to get Asashoryu. A chance now, maybe." http://www.daily.co.jp/ring/2017/12/21/0010836645.shtml

Looks like they dream about having Harumafuji-Asashoryu as a New Year special

the 2 in 2010

f_10836646.jpg

• Like 1

Akinomaki    16,000

Internet TV station Abema TV has announced that on New Year's eve (December 31st, 8:00 PM) they will broadcast a special show with Asashouryuu-  "Oshidashi Asashouryuu and win ten million yen!!

Next VIP opponent is judo silver medalist in Athens 2004 and now MMA fighter Hiroshi Izumi. Up to 5 ordinary members of the public could apply till the 15th to fight Asashoryu - no numbers yet of how many he'll have to fight during the 4.5h live broadcast. http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2017/12/22/gazo/20171222s00041000120000p.html

20171222s00041000120000p_view.jpg

• Like 1

Akinomaki    16,000
On 12/19/2017 at 10:44, Akinomaki said:

Internet TV station Abema TV has announced that on New Year's eve (December 31st, 8:00 PM) they will broadcast a special show with Asashouryuu-  "Oshidashi Asashouryuu and win ten million yen!! (approx. $90,000).

he will fight Bob Sapp - who cached in plenty in the past by regularly beating Akebono o o

rules: no harite, no henka - only oshidashi for winning

and throws are also allowed - the CM

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

Asashosakari    9,839

Huh. The Wikipedia article on the Kameda challenge they did previously says that former professional boxers were barred from applying for one of the four challenger spots, but they didn't do the VIP thing there. I'd imagine that means the Sapp/Izumi/Kotomitsuki matchups will be pure exhibition and only the 5 public challenges will be genuine...

rhyen    807

Asashoryu has met his 8 challengers face to face about 4 hours ago.

Akinomaki    16,000

Asashoryu will be busy the next days - tomorrow in the 5h live special edition of Viking, Abema and RIZIN - he didn't appear at the weigh-in for that thou - as second to that Mongolian fighter he might be expected to climb into the ring as well.

https://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2017/12/28/0010855139.shtml

https://www.daily.co.jp/ring/2017/12/28/0010855307.shtml

2103293_201712290752702001514473457c.jpg

with Harumafuji not getting the court fine within this year, RIZIN has to wait there as well

That TV episode with Hakuho from October is appearing in the wide shows quite often these days

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Thanks 1

rhyen    807
1 hour ago, Akinomaki said:

That TV episode with Hakuho from October is appearing in the wide shows quite often these days

Any of them available online?

Kintamayama    19,945

Asashouryuu trained at Tomozuna beya today, facing Kaisei. "I beat him 10 out 14 times,"said the ex-Yokozuna. Reminder-Kaisei now weighs 205 kilos.. Asa seems to have gotten a lot of confidence from this training session. as reported earlier the rules are no harite, no henka at the tachiai, no kachiage. Other than that, regular sumo rules apply. All participants will don a mawashi.

• Like 1