Sign in to follow this  
Kyokuhagyo

Nagoya 2013 Banzuke

According to http://engawa.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/sumou/1369915073/282 (not necessarily a reliable source, but looks alright as it deviates completely from my guess, but Tochiouzan from Ke with 6-9 to M4w?).

Scrap that, contradicts with the information of the Isagahama beya website saying Aminishiki is on M3w and Takarafuji on M7e: http://blog.goo.ne.jp/isegahama-beya/e/dcd96fcb8c23d63b4be2e20e1ffe6c9c

The one from Yubinhaad's post is probably right: http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31598&p=243263

Seems to match with this: http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q11109270701

Edited by Kyokuhagyo

Considering that same poster added a juryo banzuke which includes Sagatsukasa, Kizenryu and Akiseyama, I would say it's bogus.

Official news:

Myogiryu S Goeido

Shohozan K Tokitenku

Takekaze M1 Takayasu

M3 Aminishiki

Takarafuji M7

M12 Kotoyuki

Tamawashi M13

M14 Tamaasuka

Tokushoryu M16

Edited by Asashosakari

Here's what I've got for Makuuchi, unconfirmed but it at least matches up with the Jiji stuff:

Hakuho		Y	Harumafuji
Kisenosato	O	Kotoshogiku
Kakuryu		O	Kotooshu
Myogiryu	S	Goeido
Shohozan	K	Tokitenku
Takekaze	M1	Takayasu
Tochiozan	M2	Gagamaru
Chiyotairyu	M3	Aminishiki
Kyokutenho	M4	Fujiazuma
Ikioi		M5	Toyonoshima
Baruto		M6	Okinoumi
Takarafuji	M7	Yoshikaze
Toyohibiki	M8	Kitataiki
Aoiyama		M9	Sadanofuji
Aran		M10	Chiyonokuni
Daido		M11	Tochinoshin
Kaisei		M12	Kotoyuki
Tamawashi	M13	Jokoryu
Masunoyama	M14	Tamaasuka
Wakanosato	M15	Sokokurai
Tokushoryu	M16	Shotenro
  • Like 1

It's just weird to see Baruto's name in the middle of the banzuke...

It's just weird to see Baruto's name in the middle of the banzuke...

If he's not too badly injured he should do spectacularly well there.

Jiji confirms Makuuchi as above, and this is Juryo:

Takanoiwa	J1	Chiyootori
Oiwato		J2	Kyokushuho
Azumaryu	J3	Tochinowaka
Kagamio		J4	Nionoumi
Homarefuji	J5	Tenkaiho
Sotairyu	J6	Homasho
Asahisho	J7	Daikiho
Asasekiryu	J8	Satoyama
Seiro		J9	Osunaarashi
Oniarashi	J10	Tokushinho
Tanzo		J11	Takanoyama
Tochihiryu	J12	Wakakoyu
Chiyoarashi	J13	Endo
Yoshiazuma	J14	Kotomisen
  • Like 1

Gah! Takanoyama is below newbie Osunaarashi. Not unexpected but disheartening for a Tak fan.

Edited by Mukonoso

Gah! Takanoyama is below newbie Osunaarashi. Not unexpected but disheartening for a Tak fan.

I'm looking forward to their bout!

Sagatsukasa out, but Tochihiryu with only one win more stays at J12 (In a state of confusion...)

Considering that same poster added a juryo banzuke which includes Sagatsukasa, Kizenryu and Akiseyama, I would say it's bogus.

Official news:

Myogiryu S Goeido

Shohozan K Tokitenku

Takekaze M1 Takayasu

M3 Aminishiki

Takarafuji M7

M12 Kotoyuki

Tamawashi M13

M14 Tamaasuka

Tokushoryu M16

Strange Banzuke with Goeido Sekiwake again and Tokitenku like Komusubi...

Myogiryu S Goeido

Shohozan K Tokitenku

Takekaze M1 Takayasu

strange comment...

anything else than Goeido as Sekiwake and Tokitenku as Komusubi would be strange ;-)

seems like I'm really the only one that sees Shohozan's position (Komusubi east) as a big scam

... I'm really the only one that sees Shohozan's position (Komusubi east) as a big scam

I had him at M3e, but I normally view K thru M3 as a bit of a crapshoot, especially when some major promotions are needed to fill the slots.

After Myogiryu at M1, Shohozan was the highest ranked maegashira that got his kachikoshi. Behind him in the banzuke were Takayasu, also at 8-7 from M5, and Takekaze at 9-6 from M6. Do you promote Takekaze over Takayasu and Shohozan instead? Tokitenku's jump to komusubi from M8 surprises me more. He posted double digits, but one win was by fusensho. I guess all that matters is the final score, though.

After Myogiryu at M1, Shohozan was the highest ranked maegashira that got his kachikoshi. Behind him in the banzuke were Takayasu, also at 8-7 from M5, and Takekaze at 9-6 from M6. Do you promote Takekaze over Takayasu and Shohozan instead? Tokitenku's jump to komusubi from M8 surprises me more. He posted double digits, but one win was by fusensho. I guess all that matters is the final score, though.

AFAIK, fusensho never count against the "winning" rikishi... After all, if he arrives at the dohyo and noone is waiting on the other side, what can he do? Scrounge up an opponent from the crowd? :-p

• Like 3

I love how Shohozan's 10-5 K from M2 got him into K1w... But a 8-7 from M5 was worthy of a K1e promotion!

After Myogiryu at M1, Shohozan was the highest ranked maegashira that got his kachikoshi.

And he was the only one of the komusubi candidates who faced somebody above sekiwake. Maybe they decided to treat his record as a "really good" 8-7. (Then again, having to face Harumafuji was sort of equalized by getting to face Kotooshu...)

Myogiryu S Goeido

Shohozan K Tokitenku

Takekaze M1 Takayasu

strange comment...

anything else than Goeido as Sekiwake and Tokitenku as Komusubi would be strange ;-)

seems like I'm really the only one that sees Shohozan's position (Komusubi east) as a big scam

Why strange? I thought about Goeido in Make-Koshi fallen in Komusubi rank. And about Takayasu or Takekaze better than Tokitenku for a Sanyaku place...

And about Takayasu or Takekaze better than Tokitenku for a Sanyaku place...

Why?