Sign in to follow this  
Asojima

Adoptee Reports - Natsu 13

The reports have fallen by the wayside for the last year or so. This is an attempted revival.

My two guys had very different results in Natsu.

Hitachigo started out with a strong 5-0 at Sd26e, but dropped his last 2. He has spent the last 4 years in high sandanme/low makushita. The 5-2 may be good enough to bounce him back up.

Homarefuji finished his makuuchi debut basho at 5-10. He broke through to Juryo in Hatsu 2012, and stuttered his way to the top in March 2013. He has been showing major improvements of late, but I suspect he will plateau again, this time in high Juryo.

While he is not actually my adoptee, I liked Fujinoumi's performance a great deal. It is the best of his career so far, and soon he will be in mid-makushita. His twin brother Fujinonaha ,whom I also kind of support, didn't take part this time. I hope he comes back.

In Jonidan there also two rikishi I have decided to follow since mae-zumo, namely Omori and Onosho. Although I don't I see the last three divisions too often and I have few references to compare them two, both looked good, and Onosho's footwork was very quick and firm, as far as I can tell.

How'd my guys do?

Ikioi went 9-6 at Maegashira 9w and will get a nice promotion. Kitahirama went the opposite way, going 6-9 at Juryo 12e and will probably get demoted to Makushita.

Chiyosoma was 4-3 at Makushita 32e. Sadanasato will get a good promotion going 5-2 at Sd85e. Chibahibiki got his elusive 4-3 by winning his final four matches and finally got off the persistence watch after several 3-4s, and will move up a bit from Jd84e. Wee little Oshio also got his KK with a 4-3 at Jd90e. Matsuda at Jk15w just missed his KK, going 3-4 in his first Jonokuchi basho. I hope he doesn't end up in that persistence list! Ogiryu was 2-2 in mae-zumo.

Edited by akaikeinfo

My adoptee Oazuma had a 3-4 record in his first tournament in Makushita. That is actually a better record than I thought he would do for his first try in the division. :-)

Oh wow. I didn't even realize that there is an Oazuma, when I made my Not-Oazuma comment some time ago (Laughing...)

• Like 1

Hayashi had a good KK 4-3 this time around and he improved some of his technical shortcomings. He needs some strengthening up but at least his footwork is not so "hop-like". A KK next time around (from a possible new highest rank) would prove that development is actually a reality.

Kaiho had an excellent second basho in a row with a 6-1 record and most importantly against rikishi that got 5-2s and 6-1s and even a 7-0 and the yusho. His only opponent that was not up to his level was in day 1 (Hakubizan 1-6). I am beginning to have high hopes for him.

in general .... i am a happy "father".