Sign in to follow this  
Bugman

Can we have more likes to give out during basho's?

Bugman    293

Too many people are posting great stuff and i'm finding myself a little short despite being frugal.

• Like 2

Akinomaki    17,911

About 5% of the time I use for reading the forum during the basho is filled with the "You have reached your quota" message. I have to queue the ones I like, sometimes give a like to only every other post and use the post-basho time to catch up with what I like. Reducing to 3 after the basho and having 10 during the basho would suit me very much.

• Like 1

kuroimori    1,565

Too many people are posting great stuff and i'm finding myself a little short despite being frugal.

I like! :-)

• Like 1

kuroimori    1,565

About 5% of the time I use for reading the forum during the basho is filled with the "You have reached your quota" message. I have to queue the ones I like, sometimes give a like to only every other post and use the post-basho time to catch up with what I like. Reducing to 3 after the basho and having 10 during the basho would suit me very much.

I rike! (^.^)

Exil    217

Approved, tentatively.

• Like 4

Akinomaki    17,911

It would be useful to have the time of the like given indicated on the likes-given list in the profile or somewhere like in the notification list for likes received. One could avoid getting the error message all the time and would know when it is possible to give a like again.

Vikanohara    171

Can I buy about 25 likes to give for yesterday & today ? A like only 50 hours later isn't the same. Or perhaps I should not find that many posts interesting and funny ? (Sigh...)

Asameshimae    220

I had no idea "likes" had a limit. I guess I am frugal with my likes. I guess that is a good way to keep it from becoming "like" Facebook, where like simply means "I saw your posts".

I would rather have the current number of reactions increased from 10 to 20. I, personally, react to any post where the user has put some effort into preparing and posting it, e.g. translating, posting pictures, posting videos, news, own analyses and so on. This for me is an important gesture to show to anyone that I have read their contribution and I have appreciated their effort  I would rather send them a can of beer instead of a "like", but.................... Currently, I just stop my daily reading when my 10 reactions run out and sometimes I am behind on the news and recent developments because of this.

Please reconsider this.

• Like 1

Benihana    620
On 17.1.2018 at 10:48, I am the Yokozuna said:

I would rather have the current number of reactions increased from 10 to 20. I, personally, react to any post where the user has put some effort into preparing and posting it, e.g. translating, posting pictures, posting videos, news, own analyses and so on. This for me is an important gesture to show to anyone that I have read their contribution and I have appreciated their effort  I would rather send them a can of beer instead of a "like", but.................... Currently, I just stop my daily reading when my 10 reactions run out and sometimes I am behind on the news and recent developments because of this.

Please reconsider this.

I second this. Here, have a like.

A like here for the kensho, a like there for Kintamayama's video, some likes for pics and puns and...sorry, no like for Asashosakari's razor sharp analysis, because there are none left.

I don't like.

• Like 1

Jakusotsu    2,066
Posted (edited)

The "likes" I click don't register anymore, but I don't get any "quota exceeded" message either. Strange.

Edit: Ok, not everytime but only some of the posts don't like my likes. Even stranger.

Edited by Jakusotsu

Akinomaki    17,911
40 minutes ago, Jakusotsu said:

The "likes" I click don't register anymore, but I don't get any "quota exceeded" message either. Strange.

Edit: Ok, not everytime but only some of the posts don't like my likes. Even stranger.

I had the same recently. Usually selecting a "thanks" from the options still works in that case, but one time I had to do that 3 times (I also reloaded the page) to succeed.

Jakusotsu    2,066

Indeed. After the umpteenth try it worked now.