Sign in to follow this  
bennyloh

Mother of all bouts

:-P

The competition is over now there is still one bout that I remember. This is on day 14 Kai-o Vs shoryu, splendid display by both.*** Kai-o raises his right leg high aiming at the inner thighs of Shoryu while lowering his head (Can someone please help me with the name of this throw) Shoryu jumped, avoided the right leg, almost got thrown, but instead did a perfect counter throw on kai-o (making sure he lands on his back properly)

***Kai-o was trying a kake-nage, the closest that I can come up with.

Edited by bennyloh

B-)

Yes, Kai-O tried an almost successful Kakenage on Shoryu, who escpaed and countered with a mighty successful sukuinage. Noticed that kakenage is seldom being attempted by most so far. A wonderful attempt by Kai-o! Wondered how many ever won by this throw?

Sounds very cool! Do you have a banzuke.com link for that one?

On the same topic of ultimate/exciting bouts, did anyone see one about 3-5 years ago, a real punch-up/slap-fest that left both rikishi bloodied...? I can't remember if it was 'Taikai, or Musoyama, or Takatoriki... B-)

No,... only saw it once life on NHK during the competitions and it still fresh in my mind. However I do know that this is a very fast and powerful throw. It is always the kind of throw that keeps you fascinated.(f the throw is completed in this case) Believe it is not an easy throw for the rikishi (to the skillful ones , yes) as being an attacker, turning the back or the sides to execute the throw may always be a disadvantage

No again, didn't see the punch-up/slap-fest. Hate to see that kind of stuff anyway. Definitely not for me.

Edited by bennyloh

Yes, this was the best fight I saw at the Kokugikan. At least Kaio is putting in some effort and still trying to find a way to beat Asashoryu. It showed on his face that he was very, very disappointed. B-)

Sounds very cool!  Do you have a banzuke.com link for that one?

On the same topic of ultimate/exciting bouts, did anyone see one about 3-5 years ago, a real punch-up/slap-fest that left both rikishi bloodied...?  I can't remember if it was 'Taikai, or Musoyama, or Takatoriki... :-(

When it comes to computers I can be quite dumb at times. Call me "obsolete" "ancient" or "antigue"-simple downloading and viewing also I find it difficult.

I just discovered you can view it at Quick Time movies [http://sumo.goo.ne.jp/eng/hon_basho/topics/kotorikumi/0405/kotorikumi_12.html

Hope this helps, though the action here is too fast.