Sign in to follow this  
Manekineko

Snow - January 15th 2013

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is it snowing right now (Jan 15th) where you are?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is there snow on the ground right now (Jan 15th) where you are?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Is snow a regular (every year, without fail) occurence at this time of year where you are right now?

• Yes
    • No, but not really unusual (every several years)
    • No

Well, we just had a record snowfall in Zagreb this winter, and I've seen other people mentioning snow, so I'm wondering how global it is. ;-)

Can't answer question 3, because it would have to be "Usually every year, but not without fail" for my region in Germany.

After a maybe record low snow fall this winter it has started yesterday and goes on (and I also hate it).

Edited by Akinomaki

San Diegans go to the snow. It is not allowed to come to us. Last snowfall was December 13, 1967. It has snowed 5 times in the last 130 years.

Edited by Asojima

We had snow last week in places that hadn't seen snow for more than 20 years, even in the desert regions. Jerusalem was snowed in for one day. Record rainfall too.

Global warming.

Yes, Yes, No

We don't have a lot of snow here in the southern half of England, but we have it now.

No snow but we went from 70 F down to mid 20s in just over 24 hours.

It was snowing nicely yesterday here in London, enough to cover the rooves but it's mostly gone now, sadly i've been through too many winters where there was only enough snow to make a 1 foot high snowman, London seems to have it's own weather system seperate from the rest of the country, where the countryside gets snow we often get rain instead, must be that healthy green force-field that locks us in, you can't beat a green sunset.

On the bright side i couldn't believe my luck we got through December at an average of 9 Centigrade! but winter seems to have said, HEY! REMEMBER ME?! I'M BACK!! Time to start shivering.

Snow? In Athens? Yes, we get that every 3-4 years or so, its a nice novelty :-).

Edit: Of course even when we do get it, it tends to not stay long enough for anyone to have time to build a snowman...

Edited by krindel

Thats Yes,yes and yes...

That said up to 5 years ago it was wasn't nearly as bad.

2009 it was horrendous in that year it was so bad the supermarket had piled it into one place and it was taller than the stores roof,we had our own little mountain there..

2010 Was just as bad,for the first time I can remember there was snow settled on Christmas day..None fell though so not an official white Christmas...

2011/2012 was a quiet year but this winter(2012/2013) it started a little later but its not looking good with record low temperatures predicted..

Window cleaning is a nightmare...

I will work when the snow is settled(Not falling) but I foot my ladders(With snow drifts on occassion) and stay off roofs..

I went out today but literally as I walked through my gate it started snowing..

Big problem is water freezing as I put it on the windows and having to smash the ice from the window sills so I can dry them properly..

Most of my customers dont mind but they and often passers by will say "You must be mad."

"No,just skint." I say...

Edited by Fujisan

Started to accumulate sleet this evening here in Louisville, KY.

London seems to have it's own weather system seperate from the rest of the country, where the countryside gets snow we often get rain instead, must be that healthy green force-field that locks us in, you can't beat a green sunset.

I think it is due to the 'big city effect'. London generates its own heat, worth 2 or 3 degrees centigrade, which makes it warmer (and so less likely to have snow) than the surrounding area.

• Like 1

It snowed lightly a few days ago and in some parts of town, the snow is still covering the ground.

We usually get a little snow each winter but it doesn't last long before the rain washes it away. Every several years, we get a good pile of it that sits around for at least a week. It doesn't look like that will happen this year.

Woke up today,no heating and no money.....

Work was a necessity but I managed two hours before my fingers and toes felt at breaking point literally.....

Earned £14,collected £7 and needed £19 for heating alone...

Beg,stole and borrowed another £12.50 left 50p for food...(Cheese spread and buns on offer 37p/18p I had some change to make it up..)

So is the sad story of the window cleaner in the snowy season...

Anybody still wonder how I finished in jail for not paying my council tax?