Pandaazuma

Games Bugs

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

Nope. But it was the same for day 14 and  my entries were taken into account nevertheless so I'm not worried.

Yes, not worried but was wondering if it's just me. Day 14 entries were sending receipts for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be some kind of bug in Quad. I seem to keep winning, no matter what I do.

Also, yes, the confirmation e-mails for all games came many hours late yesterday and apparently today.

Edited by Kaito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kaito said:

There must be some kind of bug in Quad. I seem to keep winning, no matter what I do.

 

That comment should be in "games talk" thread and not here.  :-P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bench Sumo registration currently yields an error when trying to send the confirmation email:

The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: SMTP authentication is required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually the problem is the same in several other games when you try to register such as Toto, ISP, Roto, TTT, Chain.... I guess the source is the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm just being impatient, but I don't remember having to wait on the SalaryCap costs to be updated before. Did something break?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kaito said:

Maybe I'm just being impatient, but I don't remember having to wait on the SalaryCap costs to be updated before. Did something break?

I forgot, thanks for reminder!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Juryo game:

Congratulations to Yarimotsu!
He leads on Tursday before Shonichi with 2 points.
Him follow 5 players with each 1 point.

What can I do, that I get also such prebasho points?
So I can never win!!

(Hitthewall...)                 

Provomisakari

Edited by Profomisakari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Profomisakari said:

Juryo game:

Congratulations to Yarimotsu!
He leads on Tursday before Shonichi with 2 points.
Him follow 5 players with each 1 point.

What can I do, that I get also such prebasho points.
So I can never win!!

(Hitthewall...)                 

Provomisakari

I just spent about 10 minutes reading the scoring rules again and wondering how I got pre-basho points, then I realised that you've posted this because it's a bug....

What a blunder from me. If someone's wondering where the points were scored but doesn't want to check, it was kotokuzan days 5 and 15 - and others scored with different rikishi in the same Weak Maegashira slot from M14 to M16 - all on day 5. seems like a fairly systematic array overflow in some formula to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Don't be sad, Yari!
This bug has been around for years.
You will only keep these two points if Kotokuzan really loses on days 5 and 15.

But Nevertheless this error is surprising.
Yes, Koto until today hasn't won on days 5 and 15. So he must have lost. So one point!
But he hasn't won on the other 13 days either. Why no point there?
And the by other players picked weak Maegashira too. Why no point there?
And Mmikasazuma also has Kotokuzan, but no point on day 15.

Who programmed this random number generator?
Questions over questions!
. . . and no answer!

Edited by Profomisakari
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Less than 24 hours to go and no ISP bout or opening of Chain Gang or Turn the Tide. Is this normal? Surely we have to give a fair shot to all timezones to enter, and the game's manager has been held up in some way?

 

Thanks to all who administer these games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yarimotsu said:

Less than 24 hours to go and no ISP bout or opening of Chain Gang or Turn the Tide. Is this normal? Surely we have to give a fair shot to all timezones to enter, and the game's manager has been held up in some way?

 

Thanks to all who administer these games.

Sumodb has just been updated with the torikumi. Daily games linked to Sumodb's torikumi are available.

Thanks for whoever unlocked the situation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't make my entry in BS. Same old message " Bench Sumo entries for day 5 are now closed!"
Please, kindly assist?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, me too.... :-(

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Athenayama said:

Can't make my entry in BS. Same old message " Bench Sumo entries for day 5 are now closed!"
Please, kindly assist?

If only @Doitsuyama finally came around fixing this extremely annoying nuisance of a bug...

Done.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Golynohana I've been trying to upload the Haru banzuke data for Quad and Oracle, but it keeps erroring on me. Is it fixable or should I mail the files to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Asashosakari said:

@Golynohana I've been trying to upload the Haru banzuke data for Quad and Oracle, but it keeps erroring on me. Is it fixable or should I mail the files to you?

Please send the files to me via email and I will take a look. We have moved the sumo games applications to another server before the start of the basho so it might be related to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my entry in for day 1 Bench Sumo, received the 'thank you for your entry, an email has been sent to pat.mckay@gmail.com  etc etc', but never received the actual email. I tried resubmitting several times, but always the same result. This morning I see that my intended entry was not recorded, and the default torikumi entry was used . Consequently I lost my match on the bench! I have not had time to check on my other games entries, but I don't think I received an email confirming my entries for them either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Golynohana said:

Please send the files to me via email and I will take a look. We have moved the sumo games applications to another server before the start of the basho so it might be related to it.

Sent, many thanks for taking care of it. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Getayukata said:

I got my entry in for day 1 Bench Sumo, received the 'thank you for your entry, an email has been sent to pat.mckay@gmail.com  etc etc', but never received the actual email. I tried resubmitting several times, but always the same result. This morning I see that my intended entry was not recorded, and the default torikumi entry was used . Consequently I lost my match on the bench! I have not had time to check on my other games entries, but I don't think I received an email confirming my entries for them either.

 

I haven't been receiving confirmation emails for anything (except QUAD), but my bench team was the one I set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

Sent, many thanks for taking care of it. :-)

Problem solved.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Getayukata said:

I got my entry in for day 1 Bench Sumo, received the 'thank you for your entry, an email has been sent to pat.mckay@gmail.com  etc etc', but never received the actual email. I tried resubmitting several times, but always the same result. This morning I see that my intended entry was not recorded, and the default torikumi entry was used . Consequently I lost my match on the bench! I have not had time to check on my other games entries, but I don't think I received an email confirming my entries for them either.

No explanation for the email problems, I've received my confirmation mails for all games just fine, but here's an idea about your missing entry:  did you use the Basho Entry Form again after submitting your daily line-up? That would have overwritten it with the default.

The results page says "Submitted by Getayukata at 13 Mar, 2022 08:20 AM JST", so you definitely did push some buttons.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All seems to be well for Day 2, so I am guessing that Jakusotsu  has it right and I somehow reset things when I resubmitted. The email confirmations I found later in my spam box - quite what they were doing there I don't know, but hopefully I've got that sorted out now too.

3 hours ago, Jakusotsu said:

No explanation for the email problems, I've received my confirmation mails for all games just fine, but here's an idea about your missing entry:  did you use the Basho Entry Form again after submitting your daily line-up? That would have overwritten it with the default.

The results page says "Submitted by Getayukata at 13 Mar, 2022 08:20 AM JST", so you definitely did push some buttons.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now