Pandaazuma

Games Bugs

How about a day-six kick in the bollocks for Hoshitori?

A gentle day-ten tap on the head for Hoshitori? :)

I’m not sure this can be called a bug, but my sub in the Hoshitori Game replaced Takakeisho for days 6 and 7. Then he covered for Ichinojo in days 9-11. However, he doesn’t seem to have moved back to Takakeisho ‘s slot now that Ichinojo is back. Is this perhaps because Ichinojo’s return still needs to be manually entered into the system?

Is it just me or sumogames.de games do not accept entries because of deadline? (Toto, ttt)

37 minutes ago, Golynohana said:

Is it just me or sumogames.de games do not accept entries because of deadline? (Toto, ttt)

I have the same problem ^^

45 minutes ago, Kaiowaka said:

I have the same problem ^^

Works again

6 hours ago, Kirinoumi said:

I’m not sure this can be called a bug, but my sub in the Hoshitori Game replaced Takakeisho for days 6 and 7. Then he covered for Ichinojo in days 9-11. However, he doesn’t seem to have moved back to Takakeisho ‘s slot now that Ichinojo is back. Is this perhaps because Ichinojo’s return still needs to be manually entered into the system?

I have the same issue. I think this is one of the things that will get cleaned up after day 15 when the final scores are tallied. Too much jumping in and out of rikishi.

Posted (edited)

Removed because I'm dumb

Edited by Fukurou

6 hours ago, Fukurou said:

Is day 15 "normal" scoring in error?  Not counting KK/MK or sansho/win points, there's a 19 point discrepancy between what the results page says my normal score for the day is and what I say my score should be. I've re-checked things twice now.

In Hoshitori? There's no Day 15 scores yet. 

4 minutes ago, Rocks said:

In Hoshitori? There's no Day 15 scores yet. 

And I can't read

Not a bug, I think, and certainly not a complaint, but I was wondering why Asanoyama got no points for the yusho in Hoshitori. I assume, of course, it is because he is a substitute, but he DID receive points for sansho. The rules don't go into this level of detail for subs. This has never happened before so I was interested.

6 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

Not a bug, I think, and certainly not a complaint, but I was wondering why Asanoyama got no points for the yusho in Hoshitori. I assume, of course, it is because he is a substitute, but he DID receive points for sansho. The rules don't go into this level of detail for subs. This has never happened before so I was interested.

Yes the whole sub thing is very interesting this basho.  I'm thinking no points show because he wasn't in your lineup Day 15.  You, like many probably, have your sub going in for Takakeisho and then moving to Ichinojo till Day 11. But it doesn't say what happened Days 12-15. Should the sub replace Takakeisho again? 

As for the Sansho I would wonder why that would be counted for a sub at all.  But it is here and if it's the not in lineup day 15 thing mentioned above then it shouldn't have been. 

• Like 1

I agree that the sub should be used to fill the highest unoccupied point slot in case the rikishi he was originally substituting returns. It makes no sense that the sub only kicks in again, if he is free and another rikishi goes kyujo, but not to fill other slots already available.. I guess this is difficult to automatize and would have to been done manually, though?

1 hour ago, Flohru said:

I agree that the sub should be used to fill the highest unoccupied point slot in case the rikishi he was originally substituting returns. It makes no sense that the sub only kicks in again, if he is free and another rikishi goes kyujo, but not to fill other slots already available.. I guess this is difficult to automatize and would have to been done manually, though?

That's what I figured too. But the rules aren't clear. They just give the impression the sub goes in once  for a rikishi and can't be used again. A lot of these rules pages need updating in these games.

3 minutes ago, Rocks said:

That's what I figured too. But the rules aren't clear. They just give the impression the sub goes in once  for a rikishi and can't be used again. A lot of these rules pages need updating in these games.

The automation worked ok up to a point. My sub Asanoyama came in for Takakeisho at 5, then Ichinojo at 11 when he pulled out. But the problem came when Ichinojo returned. So I don't have the points that Asanoyama gained from day 12 in the five-slot (once again for Takakeisho) plus the 15 points (3x5) for yusho.

I guess it will have to be done manually. For Masters purposes, we could probably do it ourselves for the top ten.

When I read the rules,

" If more than one rikishi pulls out, the substitute will count only for the first to exit. "

is rather clear to me. The sub enters when the first rikishi goes kyujo, and CANNOT BE USED AGAIN

As a consequence, the sub does not fill the higher empty spot but the spot of the first rikishi to withdraw (what if two rikishi withdraw the same day? On which ground would the higher placed take precedence).

As another consequence, if the first rikishi to withdraw returns, the sub cannot enter another time.

This is my understanding of the rules

1 minute ago, Nantonoyama said:

When I read the rules,

" If more than one rikishi pulls out, the substitute will count only for the first to exit. "

is rather clear to me. The sub enters when the first rikishi goes kyujo, and CANNOT BE USED AGAIN

As a consequence, the sub does not fill the higher empty spot but the spot of the first rikishi to withdraw (what if two rikishi withdraw the same day? On which ground would the higher placed take precedence).

As another consequence, if the first rikishi to withdraw returns, the sub cannot enter another time.

But that can't be true if the automation switched from Takakeisho to Ichinojo in my example. I continued receiving points for a SECOND withdrawal.

When I read the rules,

I agree, but that isn't what's been happening. For Instance I think almost everyone had Takakeisho and Ichinojo in their lineup this time. Their sub went in for Takakeisho first and then for Ichinojo when Takakeisho returned. If the sub is acting as someone who just fills an open slot on that day, which is how it's been, then the sub should take Takakeisho's spot when Ichinojo returned. 

1 minute ago, Pandaazuma said:

But that can't be true if the automation switched from Takakeisho to Ichinojo in my example. I continued receiving points for a SECOND withdrawal.

Yeah yeah I understand your point. I was just pointing out that the automation did not follow my understanding of the rules.

This is quite an unusual case, the game tate-gyoji will have to ensure how is done the computation and align it with the rules (or in the rules)

3 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

This is true and I think this is how the sub has been working for the whole time I've played.  But it's counter to the impression the rules page gives.

Yeah yeah I understand your point. I was just pointing out that the automation did not follow my understanding of the rules.

This is quite an unusual case, the game tate-gyoji will have to ensure how is done the computation and align it with the rules (or in the rules)

Yeah it looks as if the automation automatically switches to the absent rikishi at the highest slot, which makes sense of course...although this is not made explicitly clear in the rules.

Haha. A tricky one. Hope it is not a pain in the arse for Doitsuyama to correct.

6 minutes ago, Nantonoyama said:

Very unusual. I guess that one interpretation could be that the sub only goes in on the Day a rikishi declares kyujo. In which case the sub would not go back in again. 

For example Ichi and Kesei  go out the same day. Sub goes in for Ichi as he is higher placed. Ichi returns. Sub does not go in for Keisei because he did not go kyujo on the Day Ichi returned. 

I'm not saying I think that's how it should work though. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

Yeah it looks as if the automation automatically switches to the absent rikishi at the highest slot, which makes sense of course...although this is not made explicitly clear in the rules.

Haha. A tricky one. Hope it is not a pain in the arse for Doitsuyama to correct.

Oh, it's gonna be a pain as there are lots in the same situation. Just around the top 10 Oshirokito should move up a spot. Kakushoyama should move way up. 

http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Hoshi/HoshPlayerBasho.aspx?p=566&b=201905

In addition to the 24 points for Takakeisho at spot 8 for sub Hokutofuji's wins Day 13-15, he also won Day 6-7 which would give a KK for Takakeisho.  Been given an MK which means a turn around of 20 points and a new total of 978.  Chishafuwaku is in the same boat as Panda. He should be at 965.

Basically anyone who had Hokutofuji as a sub for Takakeisho should be getting another 20 points. Or Ryuden as their sub. He won Days 6,7,13,14,15 too.

Edited by Rocks

Posted (edited)

Gaijingai is interesting too.  Takakeisho at 8, Keisei at 2. His sub, Abi, goes in for Taka then switches to Keisei when Taka comes back and stays with Keisei at 2 till end of the basho. Should the sub have replaced Takakeisho again after he left? If so he should have 50 more points. 30 points for the 4 wins and ginboshi difference between 8 and 2 along with 20 for a MK\KK turn around. 

Wow, if Asanoyama should be counted for Takakeisho's last 3 days as a sub plus Yusho points then Bill should have another 66 points.

Edited by Rocks