Pandaazuma

Games Bugs

I can't find my shikona in the Norizo Cup standings. I'm 99% sure I submitted my entry...

16 hours ago, Senkoho said:

I can't find my shikona in the Norizo Cup standings. I'm 99% sure I submitted my entry...

Konbanwa Senkoho-san,

Because your shikona is not found in a list of entries column, it is thought that the entry was not taken.
After the conform of the vote page, the list of vote contents is displayed, and the page let reconfirm it, and an entry is completed.
And it is reflected automatically to a list of participants.
I'm sorry to know your missing, but the cause that I can imagine is only the second confirmation.
I'm looking forward to your participation in hatsu-basho.
Good luck in other games in Kyushu!

Susanoo

• Like 1

@Senkoho Many players have fallen prey to this in the past. Always check the 'participants list' in the Japanese games. You need to enter your picks and then confirm again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

@Senkoho Many players have fallen prey to this in the past. Always check the 'participants list' in the Japanese games. You need to enter your picks and then confirm again.

Even standing on the 'participants list' was not enough in former times. I remember some weird cases in the Japanese games (OBG and Norizo Cup) a couple of years ago when guys (including me) were on that list and suddenly were erased on Shonichi. Since then I always check again on Shonichi whether my entry is still active.

Ganzohnesushi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susanoo said:

Konbanwa Senkoho-san,

Because your shikona is not found in a list of entries column, it is thought that the entry was not taken.
After the conform of the vote page, the list of vote contents is displayed, and the page let reconfirm it, and an entry is completed.
And it is reflected automatically to a list of participants.
I'm sorry to know your missing, but the cause that I can imagine is only the second confirmation.
I'm looking forward to your participation in hatsu-basho.
Good luck in other games in Kyushu!

Susanoo

Konbanwa Susanoo-san,

Thank you for the information and advice. I'm almost sure that I confirmed the entry twice, but since I have no way to prove it, I'll just have to accept the situation as it is.

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 08:31, Pandaazuma said:

Just glancing through briefly at the games and the database.  I see Osunaarashi is still 6-8 instead of 6-8-1 on there.  I don't think the Hoshitori final standings were ever correctly updated either.  Didn't see any other problems, but it might be worth putting anything here to make things easier for an obviously very busy Doitsuyama.

Can someone clarify if the Aki basho Hoshitori standings are all final and correct now? Thanks.

I just noticed a small problem in the database that was obvious enough it didn't cause me any problems and I haven't noticed with any other torikumi matchups but there is a gremlin afoot and it may actually affect other queries so I thought I would pass it along. On the torikumi page of the SumoDB for Day 15, in the Endo vs. Tamawashi match it indicates their history to be 6-6. I clicked on the 6-6 to see what the distribution of the wins was like and got the display in the attached image, which also at the top shows a 6-6 history but the results displaye clearly show a 6-9 result with the first 6 meetings going to Endo and the last 3 going to Tamawashi.  As noted earlier I haven't noted this type of discrepancy in any other matchup that I have actually examined this basho but if it can happen once it could actually affect the displayed results counts for others as well.

Endo_v_Tamawashi_history.PNG

Sorry to ask this here, but I can't get hold of you because your inbox is full. I was wondering if I could be added to Bench Suo for next basho.

On 8.12.2016 at 07:28, Sakura said:

Sorry to ask this here, but I can't get hold of you because your inbox is full. I was wondering if I could be added to Bench Suo for next basho.

You should be able to play when the entry form for next basho is available.

SalaryCap costs are way too low for Takakeisho and Hokutofuji, indicating a problem picking up shikona changes.  I already sent Golynohana a message using the form on his site.  I suggest waiting until this gets corrected to enter.  I'm fairly sure Hokutofuji should be 77, and my best guess for Takakeisho is 75, but I'm not sure because it apparently uses a different system than what's in the linked rules, only counting Juryo (which would make sense, because I think Golynohana's site in general only tracks sekitori).

Edited by Gurowake

9 hours ago, Gurowake said:

SalaryCap costs are way too low for Takakeisho and Hokutofuji, indicating a problem picking up shikona changes.  I already sent Golynohana a message using the form on his site.  I suggest waiting until this gets corrected to enter.  I'm fairly sure Hokutofuji should be 77, and my best guess for Takakeisho is 75, but I'm not sure because it apparently uses a different system than what's in the linked rules, only counting Juryo (which would make sense, because I think Golynohana's site in general only tracks sekitori).

This has been fixed.  Costs for those two rikishi are actually 1 higher than I expected.

19 hours ago, Doitsuyama said:

You should be able to play when the entry form for next basho is available.

Thanks.

Please can you (Doitsuyama) also enable the Bench entry form for Hibarifuji  (I have just received an email request from Andonishiki).

I would like to enter the bench sumo game for this hatsu basho 2017, would it be possible to create an account for me please? (I already have a "sumogames" account)

• Like 1

Bingo and Paper Oyakata are pretty late even by their usual standards.  Perhaps @Susanoo could remind the gamesmaster(s)?  Quite a few people still mistakenly think the sumo starts on 15th, I believe.

16 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

Bingo and Paper Oyakata are pretty late even by their usual standards.  Perhaps @Susanoo could remind the gamesmaster(s)?  Quite a few people still mistakenly think the sumo starts on 15th, I believe.

Well, it's still a few hours before the torikumi is released, which I consider the gold standard of when to really start worrying.  It felt many basho in a row that they were opening up the same time as Norizo Cup, which I assume given the nature of some of the questions is forced to wait until that point.

This is the message that I am getting when I try to enter for Day 1 for Bench Sumo....

Bench Sumo - Daily Entry

20170.gif1.gif7.gif
Hatsu
8 January, 2017 to 22 January, 2017
Day 15 (Sunday, 22 January, 2017)
  jejima 
Change Password
Logout

Jejima

The time now is: 6 January, 2017 04:03 PM  JST

Bench Sumo entries for day 15 are now closed!

I still can't make a day 1 entry for Bench Sumo - and neither can Fujiko.....  Can anybody?

Not me. As I've said none of the buttons work for me in Bench Sumo. Internet Sumo Pool and Chain Gang aren't taking entries yet either. Sumo Game is fine though.

Chain, ISP, and SekiToto are not accepting entries.  Chain and ST messages say they're waiting for the day 1 Torikumi, which has been out for a day or two. ISP will need a match selection.

TORCHBEARER 2017 is accepting entries!  No glitches in the entry process.  New players welcome.  Good luck!

-shimodahito

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fukurou said:

Chain, ISP, and SekiToto are not accepting entries.  Chain and ST messages say they're waiting for the day 1 Torikumi, which has been out for a day or two. ISP will need a match selection.

Like the most last bashos again very late the most daily games from the sumogames server (even TTT an Maegashira game) wait for the day1 torikumi.
But this torikumi is known nearly two days.
What are the problems to do this earlier?

Profomisakari

2 minutes ago, Doitsuyama said:

I think it's ok now to enter the games.

Many, many thanks!  (Iamnotworthy...)