Pandaazuma

Games Bugs

I'm having problems registering for Fantasy Sumo.

1. I input my Fight name and password and click "submit".

2. I see a message; "Welcome, Senkoho. Click here to continue"

3. I click there to continue

4. I see a message: "You must be logged in to view this page. Click here to login."

etc/

@Senkoho and others having trouble with Fantasy Sumo.  Please try from another PC or browser...it seems to work when you do that.  Look at the posts earlier in this thread as well...this has been mentioned before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pandaazuma said:

@Senkoho and others having trouble with Fantasy Sumo.  Please try from another PC or browser...it seems to work when you do that.  Look at the posts earlier in this thread as well...this has been mentioned before.

Thanks, I admit I didn't bother to look at previous pages.

2 hours ago, Pandaazuma said:

@Suwihuto I just logged in and my picks seem fine.  Other people have reported problems with FS on some browsers...try again from your phone or another PC and see if that works.

yep, works on MS Edge on my phone

Has everyone been able to enter all sumogame games? ISP, Chain, Sekitoto, etc.?? 6 games unenterable a few hours before the deadline and no one complains?

Edit. Enterable now.

Edited by Kintamayama

I only play ISP and Toto. Had to register again, then i could pick.

Edited by Benihana

25 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

Has everyone been able to enter all sumogame games? ISP, Chain, Sekitoto, etc.?? 6 games unenterable a few hours before the deadline and no one complains?

Edit. Enterable now.

Yep...all are fine.

Thanks, Doitsuyama!

On 2016/11/5 at 08:18, Doitsuyama said:

I wanted to send him a PM, but he don't receive them for whatever reason, so here it is:

I reset the password for Hpulley (h*******000@yahoo.co.jp) to the password you gave the new user Hari (I don't know it, it's encoded in the database, I just copied it). If you also want to change email addresses, please let me know, I can change that too. But anybody, please don't use second accounts, multiple accounts cause me LOTS of headaches.

So hopefully he reads it, I'll send a mail as well.

One more thing if you have time. I entered MakushitaGame but it seems I didn't show up. Could you add me? Oddly it did let me register and make my entry but I don't seem to be in the results.  Thanks.

Here are your picks for 2016 Kyushu:

1.  Ms4E  Fujiazuma
2.  Ms7W  Toyonoshima
3.  Ms12E  Dewahayate
4.  Ms16E  Kansei
5.  Ms19W  Ryusei
6.  Ms23W  Kotomisen
7.  Ms26E  Kizaki
8.  Ms32W  Takaryu
9.  Ms33W  Nankairiki
10.  Ms38E  Aozora
11.  Ms43E  Kotokamatani
12.  Ms47E  Tochiseiryu
13.  Ms51W  Karatsuumi
14.  Ms55W  Kihonoumi
15.  Ms59W  Hamayutaka

You may change your picks until 13 November, 2016 08:00  JST.

Submitted 12 Nov, 2016 06:11  JST by Hari

The From address is not monitored.  Do NOT reply to it.

Looks like all systems go...except for the usual kick in the balls for Hoshitori and of course Salarycap, which is always updated only occasionally.

Two banzuke are not published (PO and UDH) but for the purposes of the SB, Rando, you can actually see the Kyushu ranks on the standings pages...but of course that would take longer for you.

On Friday, November 11, 2016 at 18:59, Asashosakari said:

Two players near the bottom of the Sumo Game rankings seem to have had their Aki scores go amiss - Shidarezakura and Hanafubuki are listed as kyujo in their profiles (and seem to have been treated as 0-0-15 for the Kyushu banzuke), but the Aki results say their records were actually 2-13 and 4-11.

Regarding this point, I asked the gamesmaster and he said they are used for admin purposes (such as making an even number of players) etc. and can be ignored. Cheers.

21 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

Regarding this point, I asked the gamesmaster and he said they are used for admin purposes (such as making an even number of players) etc. and can be ignored. Cheers.

I always wondered who the drone or drones were for that game; I noticed a strangely large number of terrible players from the Vancouver area and figured they might be.  But it's rather strange that there would be two of them in the same basho.  They might serve other purposes than just evening out the numbers I suppose.

And I think I'm more confused after that answer than before. Drones, okay, even multiple, but it seems a bit odd that their results would be counted for the banzuke only sometimes. Clicking around their career profiles now I notice there have been other tournaments where they're listed as kyujo even though they participated.

I always wondered who the drone or drones were for that game; I noticed a strangely large number of terrible players from the Vancouver area and figured they might be.  But it's rather strange that there would be two of them in the same basho.  They might serve other purposes than just evening out the numbers I suppose.

From what I can tell, the scheduling algorithm appears to require a number of players that's divisible by 4.

Edited by Asashosakari

31 minutes ago, Asashosakari said:

From what I can tell, the scheduling algorithm appears to require a number of players that's divisible by 4.

Given what I saw when I actually plotted the Makuuchi torikumi for one basho, that's not that big of a surprise.  It's quite a strange algorithm, but they apparently settled on something that was easy to automate and be able to prove that it wouldn't need manual intervention regardless of how many players there are.  I suspect there is still a little manual intervention to for certain matches near the end of the tournament involving those with good records, but it's not technically needed.  And really, with how gentle the skill grade is in that game (or rather, individual day variances are very high), it really doesn't matter much who you face (at least in Makuuchi - some guys near the bottom of Makushita are definitely way worse, although those are likely drones).

Edited by Gurowake

Asasho and Gurowake:  Here are the comments from the Sumo Game lad:

Hanafubuki, Shidarezakura and Kireinahana are what you could call "administrative wrestlers" that are being used whenever the total number of participants is not dividable by 4 (obviously an even number of wrestlers is needed to make everybody fight everyday; if the number is dividable by 4, it makes it even easier for my system to create the torikumi - I can't remember why). For that reason, I sometimes sign these wrestlers up after the deadline has passed and they were already set to kyujo, so they end up participating, nevertheless. They are special wrestlers that can be ignored.

1 hour ago, Ganzohnesushi said:

Sumo reference is currently down :-( 

Ganzohnesushi

At least some of sumogames server is down. The link to Hoshitori gives 404 errors now, but I just made picks for ISP and SekiToto which seemed to work fine (received emails from them too)

Thx a lot, Doitsuyama. Surprisingly this time only Sumo Reference was affected, the games were accessable as Fukurou already mentioned.

Ganzohnesushi

Looks like the results are not being updated on the database.  Not after five Juryo bouts anyway.

What worries me more is that the day 5 torikumi is still missing. Have they tinkered with the NSK site again?

The results grabber does not seem to be result-grabbing for Bench Sumo - but I guess that is because Sumo Reference isn't getting them....

Sorry about that, there were a few problems with the server. But now it seems to be faster then ever.

• Like 4