Pandaazuma

Games Bugs

Just glancing through briefly at the games and the database.  I see Osunaarashi is still 6-8 instead of 6-8-1 on there.  I don't think the Hoshitori final standings were ever correctly updated either.  Didn't see any other problems, but it might be worth putting anything here to make things easier for an obviously very busy Doitsuyama.

Putting here, for Doitsuyama's eyes....

Please add Hibarifuji and Hari to the Bench Sumo player database. :-)

2 hours ago, Jejima said:

Putting here, for Doitsuyama's eyes....

Please add Hibarifuji and Hari to the Bench Sumo player database. :-)

Or @Doitsuyama if you could reset the password for my Hpulley account. I tried but got a web page error and did not receive a password reset email. I created the new Hari account out of desperation. Either way, adding Hari to Bench or reviving Hpulley would be great. Thanks!

The selection stats for GTB Kyushuu 2016 are still missing.  Typically they would have appeared by now--when the banzuke is posted on the db.  Not sure if this is a bug, or just someone being busy...

On 2.11.2016 at 12:01, Harry said:

Or @Doitsuyama if you could reset the password for my Hpulley account. I tried but got a web page error and did not receive a password reset email. I created the new Hari account out of desperation. Either way, adding Hari to Bench or reviving Hpulley would be great. Thanks!

I wanted to send him a PM, but he don't receive them for whatever reason, so here it is:

I reset the password for Hpulley (h*******000@yahoo.co.jp) to the password you gave the new user Hari (I don't know it, it's encoded in the database, I just copied it). If you also want to change email addresses, please let me know, I can change that too. But anybody, please don't use second accounts, multiple accounts cause me LOTS of headaches.

So hopefully he reads it, I'll send a mail as well.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ryoshishokunin said:

The selection stats for GTB Kyushuu 2016 are still missing.  Typically they would have appeared by now--when the banzuke is posted on the db.  Not sure if this is a bug, or just someone being busy...

Yes, grabbing the banzuke was another pain as this page also was re-programmed with Ajax from the NSK web wizards. But I got it, and the GTB archive is up to date too: http://sumodb.sumogames.de/gtb/GTBScoreBasho.aspx?b=201611

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Doitsuyama said:

I wanted to send him a PM, but he don't receive them for whatever reason, so here it is:

I reset the password for Hpulley (h*******000@yahoo.co.jp) to the password you gave the new user Hari (I don't know it, it's encoded in the database, I just copied it). If you also want to change email addresses, please let me know, I can change that too. But anybody, please don't use second accounts, multiple accounts cause me LOTS of headaches.

So hopefully he reads it, I'll send a mail as well.

I can't receive PMs? Odd, I'll check that. Edit: mailbox 101% full, sorry!

For now, thanks! I can log in using Hpulley now. So I won't use the Hari account (or you can remove it). Now to sign up for games again... and to try to choose rikishi with my head rather than my heart like when I quit years ago.

Edited by Harry

Looking at the selection stats, I see that you can go in and see just where each person put each rikishi.  But there appears to be a bug in the coding of this feature with respect to Komusubi.  The details show a "not selected" for each instance of someone picking a Komusubi spot.  Almost certainly related to this is that any selections for Sekiwake are shown as S1e401K1e or S1w402K1w.

• Like 1

On 6.11.2016 at 17:06, Gurowake said:

Looking at the selection stats, I see that you can go in and see just where each person put each rikishi.  But there appears to be a bug in the coding of this feature with respect to Komusubi.  The details show a "not selected" for each instance of someone picking a Komusubi spot.  Almost certainly related to this is that any selections for Sekiwake are shown as S1e401K1e or S1w402K1w.

Corrected...

• Like 1

I know this isn't Doitsuyama's purview but I'm hoping that someone will be able to alert Mike at SumoTalk.com that the Fantasy Sumo login is having the same problem it had earlier this year, I believe either in Haru or Natsu can't remember which. When you try to login it takes your ID and PSWD and give you the CLick Here to continue screen but then it tells you that  You must be logged in to edit your choices, click here to login. Then the whole process starts over again. I have tried this using two different browser, Chrome and Edge and got the same results, also on two different computers.

Edited by Chisaiyama

9 minutes ago, Chisaiyama said:

I know this isn't Doitsuyama's purview but I'm hoping that someone will be able to alert Mike at SumoTalk.com that the Fantasy Sumo login is having the same problem it had earlier this year, I believe either in Haru or Natsu can't remember which. When you try to login it takes your ID and PSWD and give you the CLick Here to continue screen but then it tells you that  You must be logged in to edit your choices, click here to login. Then the whole process starts over again. I have tried this using two different browser, Chrome and Edge and got the same results, also on two different computers.

Hi Hal!  I've emailed Mike about it.  It's late in Utah so I'm not sure he'll read it for a few hours or so.

I actually entered the picks for the Sumotalk Monkey a few days ago with no problems so I suspect there as been another software update.  Mike should be able to remember how to correct it as he did last year.  Try again in 12 hours or so.

Thanks Simon,

I'll check it out again tomorrow and see if I can get in then.

Seems like a database issue, not an incompatibility problem - just tested it on all four browsers I have installed here, and I eventually got in with all of them, although it did take three attempts with IE and two with Firefox. (Chrome and Opera both worked the first time, I suspect just by random luck.)

Edited by Asashosakari

1 minute ago, Asashosakari said:

Seems like a database issue, not an incompatibility problem - just tested it on all four browsers I have installed here, and I eventually got in with all of them, although it did take three attempts with IE and two with Firefox. (Chrome and Opera both worked the first time, I suspect just by random luck.)

Yeah Mike just got back to me and said it was fine.  I checked again and it was, but it wasn't working from my phone earlier.

So @Chisaiyama give it a go again.  Maybe from another PC.

@Jakusotsu I think Tipspiel has the torikumi for day two up by mistake.  You'd better sort that out before any more people enter.

Two players near the bottom of the Sumo Game rankings seem to have had their Aki scores go amiss - Shidarezakura and Hanafubuki are listed as kyujo in their profiles (and seem to have been treated as 0-0-15 for the Kyushu banzuke), but the Aki results say their records were actually 2-13 and 4-11.

13 minutes ago, Pandaazuma said:

@Jakusotsu I think Tipspiel has the torikumi for day two up by mistake.  You'd better sort that out before any more people enter.

Thanks for the notice! I've locked the thread and asked Gernobono to fix it.

Asasho...thanks. I will pass the info on.

Jakusotsu...you are welcome, mate!

I cannot make a day one entry for Bench Sumo.  Is that just me?

13 hours ago, Jejima said:

I cannot make a day one entry for Bench Sumo.  Is that just me?

Not just you.  I am still being told that Day 15 entries are closed.

Also, the database has the torikumi, but Chain Gang, Toto, and TTT all say the torikumi is not out yet.

Hokutofuji is not a possible selection for ciber sumo....

I'm having issues trying to make my first ever entry for Fantasy Sumo - I think I entered a few days ago, but it's currently just showing me the default/first picks for each group. Is this a standard problem?

@Suwihuto I just logged in and my picks seem fine.  Other people have reported problems with FS on some browsers...try again from your phone or another PC and see if that works.

• Like 1