Pandaazuma

Games Bugs

Apologies for the lack of Fantasy Sumo standings. I've contacted Mike and he'll hopefully sort the mysterious problem out soon.

Not a "game" bug per se but there is a glitch in the sumogames.de system that is not sending out the automatic confirmation emails from the games it hosts. I've submitted my entries at Bench, ISP, Seki-Toto and TTT and confirmed the entries took by clicking the entry button again and observing that my picks are there but so far haven't received any emails from any of them. Normally I hear the emails arrive within 15-30 seconds after submission. Just a heads up that something seems to be amiss. I wouldn't want the email backlog to cause the server any problems.

Not a "game" bug per se but there is a glitch in the sumogames.de system that is not sending out the automatic confirmation emails from the games it hosts. I've submitted my entries at Bench, ISP, Seki-Toto and TTT and confirmed the entries took by clicking the entry button again and observing that my picks are there but so far haven't received any emails from any of them. Normally I hear the emails arrive within 15-30 seconds after submission. Just a heads up that something seems to be amiss. I wouldn't want the email backlog to cause the server any problems.

I have just made all my entries - and have received the confirmation emails....

I have just made all my entries - and have received the confirmation emails....

I had that issue once, and when others were getting confirmation mails (fwiw, I have been getting them too). It turned out I hadn't/wasn't entering my email address correctly. But you might want to check your spam filter/blocker as well. (you never know...)

at the moment the database still has the "old" torikumi with mitakeumi for day 9 posted early......don't know if this will affect the games on the sumogames-server.....

just be cautious

All the games look OK now for entry except Toto and TTT, which still have Mitakeumi in there. Not sure how TTT will be affected but Toto is obviously a no-no until amended.

All the games look OK now for entry except Toto and TTT, which still have Mitakeumi in there. Not sure how TTT will be affected but Toto is obviously a no-no until amended.

I guess players could post their picks in text somewhere if things remain the same closer to the deadline. But we've still several hours to go until then.

If the database doesn't get the updated torikumi, I'll have to manually adjust the pairings on my prediction spreadsheet, which I really don't want to do. I'll just wait until closer to the deadline to make my picks I guess; hopefully this will be sorted out by then.

It is manually sorted out now... I hope... no one in TTT picked an affected rikishi so far. For Sekitoto I kept the pick status for Hidenoumi and Myogiryu (the unchanged rikishi in the two changed torikumi), so it should be ok. Of course anybody still has plenty time to change their picks.

• Like 5

And Toto!

What is particularly worrying is that I received a confirmation mail with the actual picks I've made.

But when I visited the Entry page a couple of minutes ago, all bouts were indicated as X picks. Hm...

Important:

when I always picked a guy from the first line, I received a correct confirmation mail, but the picks apparently were NOT stored in the database!!

However, when I always picked a guy from the second line, everything went smoothly!

Important:

when I always picked a guy from the first line, I received a correct confirmation mail, but the picks apparently were NOT stored in the database!!

However, when I always picked a guy from the second line, everything went smoothly!

maybe this has the same reason as the second line having an x-pick as usual, when the first line does not have a pre-pick at all

Sorry about that. In rare instances bouts gets read two times. I delete the double bouts then and point the picks to the correct bout. Worked as usual for ISP, Sekitoto and (mostly) for Maegashira Game (not needed in TTT as picks are saved only with Rikishi, not with bout).

But for Maegashira Game two (not so) funny guys thought it was the perfect occasion to select the same guy twice. Since a valid Maegashira Game pick must have three selections I decided to delete these bogus day 15 picks completely. They still can make there picks until the deadline of course - I'm speaking of Norizo and Kyodaitimu.

• Like 1

It's that time again...Bench especially needs its registration opened with that early deadline.

I have emailed Mike (twice but no response yet) about Fantasy Sumo as it still has that registration problem. He was having trouble with it so it is very possible FS will be cancelled this basho if he can't work out the issue. I'll keep you all informed of the status in this thread.

Yeah, Fantasy isn't looking good. There's some really major problem with it that's beyond just needing the partitioning of rikishi. There's no reason why it *needs* to have an automated entry form (DTS doesn't have automated entry forms, so it's not like it's a SB requirement); he could just post the partitions on his main website that apparently works fine and ask for entries to be emailed. Obviously a bit more work than he's used to, but might be less than the alternative. Or he could just cancel it, which would be fine with me given my previous results.

But for Maegashira Game two (not so) funny guys thought it was the perfect occasion to select the same guy twice. Since a valid Maegashira Game pick must have three selections I decided to delete these bogus day 15 picks completely. They still can make there picks until the deadline of course - I'm speaking of Norizo and Kyodaitimu.

I just noticed this, and if the implication is that I tried to deliberately circumvent the rules, then I would like to clear the air by categorically stating that this is something I would never, ever do. What occurred in this instance was nothing more than an honest mistake from me.

It's that time again...Bench especially needs its registration opened with that early deadline.

Bench is now accepting entries - thanks Doitsuyama. :-)

Regarding FS, apparently the web host updated the version of PHP on the Sumotalk server and that has rendered something outdated in the FS set-up. Are there any PHP gurus here who may be able to help? Mike is talking about cancelling the basho unless we can find such an expert. If you can help, please send me a private message.

Can't get access to Bingo, always receive the following note:

Ozumo bingo game Entry form

[ 2016-01 Basho ]
Wamahada' s entry page.
It is possible to access it directly by marking this page in the book.
However, please note that there is a password in URL.

* Sorry, The vote is not received.