Pandaazuma

Games Bugs

I'm not able to make selections for Day 3 on Bench -- the entry page doesn't lead to the rikishi. (1:00 a.m. Japan time)

Same problem
You can access the Entry form by changing the URL!

http://benchsumo.sumogames.de/DailyEntry.aspx?D=3

There seems to be some hiccup, and the automation does not know about what day we have.

Evidence #1: Bench is still somehow caught in day 2, as the entry page for day 3 does not show up.

Evidence #2: Toto has day 2, but still lacks day 1 (in overall standings).

Evidence #3: Quad has day 1, but still lacks day 2 (in overall standings).

Evidence #4: OddSumo knows the days, but is unable to compute the ante. I always play an ante of 3 if possible. According to the overall results page, only one day was played (showing an ante spent of 3), and according to my entry page I have spent 0 points.

Edited by Randomitsuki

I can't enter now in bench sumo, it says day 2 entry is closed. What should I do?

OK now, with the link Rando' gave. Thanks.

Edited by Mmikasazuma

Interesting situation in Oracle. The standings are fine but Homasho hasn't yet been removed from the proceedings. I am wondering what will happen with Asasekiryu - he didn't officially pull out until the last minute, so it's slightly different as it was not announced and he was actually on the torikumi on day one (while Homasho wasn't, of course) - where he suffered a fusenpai loss...so would Seki's score also be nullified, or will it stand as 0-15? If he was on the torikumi, that means he entered the basho after all...going strictly from the rules I understand, that means he gets a big fat zero.

Wonder how this one will be played. The rules that I am aware of don't seem to cover this situation...actually I'm not sure I've ever seen this happen before. It is probably fairest to erase him because some people didn't know about the withdrawal while others did and changed the prediction to zero...giving them a major advantage. I am one of them!

Edited by Pandaazuma

From the Oracle rules:

IMPORTANT: Any rikishi who withdraws before the first day of the tournament will be excluded from scoring (i.e. if only 60 Sekitori compete, the maximum possible score becomes 600). Any picks that were submitted for absentee (kyujo) rikishi will be disregarded (only rikishi participating in at least one day of competition will be scored). So there is NO NEED to re-send your picks after someone pulls out before the Basho!

So I guess it comes down to the meaning of 'participate'. Does it mean 'on the torikumi' or 'actually appearing on the dohyo'?

From the Oracle rules:

IMPORTANT: Any rikishi who withdraws before the first day of the tournament will be excluded from scoring (i.e. if only 60 Sekitori compete, the maximum possible score becomes 600). Any picks that were submitted for absentee (kyujo) rikishi will be disregarded (only rikishi participating in at least one day of competition will be scored). So there is NO NEED to re-send your picks after someone pulls out before the Basho!

So I guess it comes down to the meaning of 'participate'. Does it mean 'on the torikumi' or 'actually appearing on the dohyo'?

If the rules haven't changed, Homasho and Asasekiryu will not count, even if one of them should enter the basho at a later time.

That seems fair. I suppose it's a bit like the henka in Sumo Game...some players like me get an unfair advantage with the time zone...hence I knew about Asasekiryu.

In other news, another glitch to report: Odd Sumo is now showing the correct scores, but it is showing the incorrect ante-spent...only seems to have counted two days.

Quad seems OK now.

***Edit: Actually, I think the scores are wrong as well in Odd, although it correctly shows the Panda at the top of the standings after his marvellous coup today! ;-)

Edited by Pandaazuma

Yes, the Oracle rule isn't 100% clear, but I've always applied it such that any rikishi who is not on the dohyo for Day 1 gets removed from the scoring. Mainly due to this:

It is probably fairest to erase him because some people didn't know about the withdrawal while others did and changed the prediction to zero...giving them a major advantage. I am one of them!

I don't want to turn the game into a "guess after how many kyujo days Asasekiryu joins the basho" lottery.

Hi,

in the Maegashira-Game the scoring seems to be wrong.

For Example on Day 3:

Aran-Kaisei, Picks 7-0, Points for Kaisei 11

Pitinosato

that one ie easy

aran-bonus: 7

kaisei-win: 1

day: 3

makes: 11

Danke Gernot (Reading book...)

OK, and how do you explain

Gagamaru-Kyokutenho, Picks 14-18, Points for Kyokutenho 12

Maybe Day -3 ??? :-P

Pitinosato

The head-to-head totals on the Sekitoto torikumi don't seem to count any bouts that happened when both rikishi were ranked below juryo, although those bouts do get listed in the detailed view. Intentional or bug?

Somehow I am missing from the scoreboard on Makushita game. Every other game I play on the same server works fine, though.

Looks like almost everything is fine now. Just Hoshitori needs a kick and Oracle still needs Homasho and Asasekiryu erasing from existence.

Hi,

in the Maegashira-Game the scoring seems to be wrong.

For Example on Day 3:

Pitinosato

Hi,

on 14 January 2013 - 15:58 I posted in the "Maegashira game?" thread:

There are . . .some mistakes in the game,

but the entry automatic and the results calculation is in all points correct.

The mistakes are in the statistics part.

Three tables are false and include results from the last basho:

The pic statistic per bout at the daily results site (but the picks and points of the players in the lower table are right),

the pick statistics "for" and "against" at the basho results site

and the picks "for" and "against" at the entry site.

They all show results of the Kyu Shu Basho 12.

Who wants to know how many picks voted for a special maegashira, must count for himself in the players pick list of the daily results.

But the game goes correct.

The same errors we had last basho.

After a few days Doitsuyama found the reason and corrected it.

I'm sure, he will it do this basho.

But friends, let him the decision, which bug in which game he will correct as first.

There are many bugs in other games much more important as this.

Can you wait?

Profomisakari

Edited by Profomisakari

Why am I Italian in Sekitoto? This is the second straight basho I'm Italian. Can I apply for an Italian passport citing this?

Edited by Kintamayama

Why am I Italian in Sekitoto? This is the second straight basho I'm Italian. Can I apply for an Italian passport citing this?

I thought you had become an Irishman!

I think two of the flag files are swapped by mistake.

I'm not able to make selections for Day 3 on Bench -- the entry page doesn't lead to the rikishi. (21:00 German time)

The alternative URL (of Day 3) doesn't work, too.

Pitinosato

PS: I emailed my Entry to Jejima. I hope that was the right way.

I'm not able to make selections for Day 3 on Bench -- the entry page doesn't lead to the rikishi. (21:00 German time)

The alternative URL (of Day 3) doesn't work, too.

Pitinosato

PS: I emailed my Entry to Jejima. I hope that was the right way.

Well, day 3 is long gone. You should have tried putting a 5 in there now...

but thanks for noting this. There is a problem with the current day in Bench Sumo and I can't quite nail it down. Corrected for now.

Sorry,

of course I meant Day 5 ! (Blushing...)

But now it works.

Thank you !

Pitinosato

S4 has only Makuuchi bouts to pick from.

As a short-term measure if you're in a hurry, you can always enter from 'entry form 2', which goes from the banzuke instead of the torikumi. The Juryo lads are all there on that one.

S4 has only Makuuchi bouts to pick from.

As a short-term measure if you're in a hurry, you can always enter from 'entry form 2', which goes from the banzuke instead of the torikumi. The Juryo lads are all there on that one.

This I did.