Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Musashimaru starts own heya!

Musashigawa-oyakata at TBS job tune had a lot of funny episodes to tell.

Why so few rikishi from Hawaii: Tattoos. Even the hopefuls scouted get a tattoo and are out.

His hardships while scouting, getting Kiyomusashi from a band.

What rikishi mustn't do: Throwing too much salt. Else for the final bouts it's salt everywhere on the dohyo.

When first against Takamisakari, seeing his antics he couldn't concentrate and had to laugh.

Etc.

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2

“What rikishi mustn't do: Throwing too much salt. Else for the final bouts it's salt everywhere on the dohyo.”

Finally we get the word of a (ex)professional on it. :) Although I guess that doesn’t explain why salt everywhere is bad.

“What rikishi mustn't do: Throwing too much salt. Else for the final bouts it's salt everywhere on the dohyo.”

Finally we get the word of a (ex)professional on it. :) Although I guess that doesn’t explain why salt everywhere is bad.

He said because it gets slippery.

Musashigawa-oyakata taking part in a matsuri in Nakama city, where the heya's lodging for the Kyushu basho is located. He wants the locals to come and visit asa-geiko freely from 8-9:30 a. m. The rikishi will be present at a local sumo tournament for kids.

http://www.nishinippon.co.jp/nnp/f_kitakyushu_keichiku/article/47399
201310210001_000.jpg

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

Musashigawa-beya had a dohyo-matsuri at his first Kyushu location, a primary school kids sumo tournament was held there as well. The dohyo will be donated to the primary school, at which sports ground it was build.

http://www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/general/2013/10/27/0006451655.shtml

The oyakata with a prize winner
06451739.jpg

06451738.jpg

• Like 2

did anyone post the news about his newborn son? they had a crazy hard time getting pregnant, it seemed like they gave up and then, surprise!!!! he is one of the happiest men on the planet!!!

• Like 2

i would ask all of you, to please consider joining the Musashigawa Koenkai. Oyakata started is from scratch, to avoid the carryover politics that are part of a koenkai system. His senshuraku parties are the best i've ever been to. i've been to a few in the Tokyo area and last year's in Fukuoka, which was my favorite cause the guests i was sitting with seemed to be from the food services industry.

join.

it only cost 10,000 yen.

they will post you a fresh banzuke each basho.

you get invites to all the activities and senshuraku parties.

you get easy access to watching asageiko.

you support that last hawaiian in sumo.

come on!!!!

• Like 2

Info is here, and sign-up is Here, I believe.

According to Google Translate, "You can sign up for anything-necked person." It is silent on non-necked people.

• Like 4

Info is here, and sign-up is Here, I believe.

According to Google Translate, "You can sign up for anything-necked person." It is silent on non-necked people.

Takarafuji can be heard weeping silently.

• Like 10

That comes to a bit over 70 EUR/year. About 6 EUR/month. Hm...

Ex-Musashimaru, after the start about 3 years ago with 2 deshi and searching (successfully) all over the country for new recruits, has now 15 in his heya, among the 44 heya the no. 16 in numbers. He has no connections at a home area or school etc. to have deshi introduced to him (he has the one foreigner he can have), so he approaches also athletes and trainers of others sports.
While the total number of new recruits per year stayed below 100 for 10 years now, his success in having the heya grow is remarkable.
Since the start only 2 have quit, only due to illness and injury. In sumo it is common that those who can't endure the hardships in the heya quit as well. And if someones wants to run home, Musashigawa-oyakata talks him out of it, if he has not prepared a future at home.
The one big goal for the near future: "Within 3 more years I want to produce a sekitori."
http://www.sankei.com/sports/news/160611/spo1606110007-n1.html
spo1606110007-p1.jpg

• Like 5

His nephew should make his makushita debu next basho? Or 4-3 from sd5 not good enough?

His nephew should make his makushita debu next basho? Or 4-3 from sd5 not good enough?

Correct... SHOULD be Ms54 or 55-ish...

He is indeed quite fat for a makushita rikishi.

But will he be good enough to stay there? His fighting record is not very impressive. Watched his videos on sumodb...*meh*

But will he be good enough to stay there? His fighting record is not very impressive. Watched his videos on sumodb...*meh*

Yeah, it was only a pun. Yamaneko typoed "debut" as "debu" which in Japanese means "fat". Quite a strong word actually.

• Like 1

Hopefully soon joined by Kotooshu's Naruto-beya and later Kyokutenho's Oshima-beya.

(all no foreigners anymore though - foreign-born)

Edited by Akinomaki