Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

Yokozuna/Ozeki preparendum - Hatsu 2013

Kisenosato had moushi-ai training on the 10th with Takayasu.

20121211-00000017-dal-000-3-view.jpg

• Like 1

Harumafuji on the 11th after keiko went to a gym. His trainer Munkh-Erdene came from Mongolia on the 7th for about two weeks and Harumafuji started weight training on the 11th.
In addition to his old injuries of both ankles aching, it was confirmed that he tore the right calf muscle on day 12 last basho against Myogiryu. The sumo kyokai trainer at the Fuyu jungyo said "Amazing that he did sumo with that."
On the weekend the dohyo in the heya is to be rebuild, he may go for degeiko then.

So does he get a 'pass' from the YDC in January if he only wins 9.... :-/

Sounds more like a potentially complete get-out-of-jail card, i.e. going kyujo for the full basho.
  • Like 1

So does he get a 'pass' from the YDC in January if he only wins 9.... :-/

Sounds more like a potentially complete get-out-of-jail card, i.e. going kyujo for the full basho.

I never thought of that, might be a good idea to let any injuries heal as much as possible, and then try again fresh.

Edit* If that does happen and Haru sits the next one out, i predict a Goeido yusho!

Edited by Bugman

Baruto (ozeki till next week) missed keiko in Onoe-beya, which restarted in Tokyo on the 18th and is devoting himself to medical treatment. After complete recovery he plans to do quick pace coordination for the basho.

Baruto (ozeki till next week) missed keiko in Onoe-beya, which restarted in Tokyo on the 18th and is devoting himself to medical treatment. After complete recovery he plans to do quick pace coordination for the basho.

Hmm... Doesn't sound good at all. :-(

Baruto restarted keiko on the 19th, only the basics. After banzuke publication he wants to start serious keiko.
Aim is to perfect a "gorilla body" to get the 10 wins.
"Falling from ozeki ? It can't be helped. I want to think about it forward-looking. The pain in the affected parts ? It's gone already."
He did weight training and maintained his 193 kg.

He did weight training and maintained his 193 kg.
Somebody should tell him that's not what "weight training" is usually about. ;-)

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

• Like 4

At practice on Tuesday morning Kisenosato was heard urging reporters to not spoil the result of the previous day's Japan X Bowl American football game for him before he had a chance to watch his taped broadcast. (Laughing...) That won't be an issue for him in two weeks, as he has been invited as guest co-commentator for NHK's broadcast of the Rice Bowl on Jan 3. He has only followed American football for the past three years or so but has turned into a huge fan of both the Japanese goings-on as well as the NFL, and has watched the last few Rice Bowls live on TV or in person at the Tokyo Dome. "I'm grateful to be getting this opportunity," he said about the upcoming commentary gig. Sensing some similarities between the tasks faced by a quarterback and by a rikishi at the tachiai, he has also been trying to adapt some of the football mindset to improve himself.

Edited by Asashosakari

I had a reason for including that part. (Laughing...)

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Like 2

If Kisenosato starts supporting the Chicago Bears, I'm gonna start pointing fingers... ;-)

• Like 1

If Kisenosato starts supporting the Chicago Bears, I'm gonna start pointing fingers... ;-)

Nah, he just has to be a Cowboy :-P

Nah, he just has to be a Cowboy :-P

Then I would hate him on principle alone...

Hakuho with new tsuna. About the Maya end of time today: "There's no way that the world will end, obviously. Don't ask weird things." During the Kyushu-basho he still was a bit concerned about it though.

05616669.jpg

• Like 2

Harumafuji got a new tsuna as well, as it is always done before a Tokyo basho.
"When I first put it on I was nervous, but this time it gives the feeling that the basho is near."
f-sp-2012-1222-0004-ns-big.jpg

Harumafuji on the 25th started keiko for the Hatsu basho. After the basics tachi-ai checking butsukari-geiko with Homarefuji 7 bouts, then moushi-ai with Takarafuji, 13-0, showing a speedy sumo and a variety of attacks.

The injury that sidelined Baruto in Kyushu is healing well and he is to start moushiai training tomorrow, 26th.

Harumafuji on the 25th started keiko for the Hatsu basho. After the basics tachi-ai checking butsukari-geiko

sp-ff-20121225-005-ns-big.jpg

The injury that sidelined Baruto in Kyushu is healing well and he is to start moushiai training tomorrow, 26th.

Onoe-oyakata: "It's not that he fell from ozeki because his strength dropped. With a (good) result this basho he can again rise to Ozeki. He himself has the right tense feeling doing keiko."

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

Baruto 10-0 against Tenkaiho today.

mrt12122616470001-p1.jpg

sum12122617380001-p2.jpg

• Like 1