Sign in to follow this  
Igordemorais

Aki Basho 2012 Discussion Thread

I wonder if I ever will read a meaningful comment from triple masu instead of his hateful comments about Hakuho, Osunaarashi ...

• Like 2

This thread has been turned into the wasteland of this forum. Still wondering if the spams in the other sections are much worse than this.

Day 14. An amazing recovery by Jd83 Oshio in his match against Jd88 Hasegawa. I am waiting to see what kimarite they give this one . It sounded like they called it an Izori.

Oshio is a real livewire, he never gives up and is in constant motion as he almost always battles against a larger rikishi.

Rikishi like him and bouts like this are one of the reasons I enjoy watching the lower divisions so much. Alongside stories like the bout between veterans Ranbo and Hanakaze the other day, Sotenryu's piecemeal 14-bout winning streak, there's always something interesting going on.

Day 14. An amazing recovery by Jd83 Oshio in his match against Jd88 Hasegawa. I am waiting to see what kimarite they give this one . It sounded like they called it an Izori.

Amazing. If only we would have someone around to present us the best daily 10 of the lower division bouts.

I usually check out a couple of each division, and quite often there's at least one with an extraordinary outcome.

Wow, that is my favorite match ending so far.

I wonder if I ever will read a meaningful comment from triple masu instead of his hateful comments about Hakuho, Osunaarashi ...

You could if you would take the time--without prejudice--to read ALL of what I wrote. It's easy to call people names, Martina. "Sticks and stones may break my bones..."

To be honest, I can't think of a meaningful comment from you, either. You seem to be just as 'hateful' and nasty as I appear to you. It takes one to know one.

1) If it is a sin to be outraged by a Yokozuna who intentionally tries to injure his opponents, then I am a sinner. Sumo is not the graceful and dignified spectacle that it was when I first started watching some fifteen years ago. If I want intentional knock-outs, I'll watch the UFC.

2) I never said anything 'hateful' about Osunaarashi, that's for sure. I stated my unpopular opinions about him but that is all.

Honestly, is this how you treat people with whom you disagree? Wow!

1) If it is a sin to be outraged by a Yokozuna who intentionally tries to injure his opponents, then I am a sinner. Sumo is not the graceful and dignified spectacle that it was when I first started watching some fifteen years ago. If I want intentional knock-outs, I'll watch the UFC.

Not a sin, but you purport to know his intentions-you have no way of knowing that and if you happen to be wrong, your whole theory goes down the drain. I've watched it a few times and can't see anything intentional for the life of me. Watch his bout against Kisenosato today-same elbow, even more intensity, since there is a rivalry with a background there, but no KO because Kise is stronger and more experienced than Myougiryuu. As for Sumo being graceful and dignified, I don't know how interested in sumo you were during the Asashouryuu era, but there was plenty of self-confessed malice and intention then, so you should have been grossly turned off already a few years ago.

Not a sin, but you purport to know his intentions-you have no way of knowing that and if you happen to be wrong, your whole theory goes down the drain. I've watched it a few times and can't see anything intentional for the life of me. Watch his bout against Kisenosato today-same elbow, even more intensity, since there is a rivalry with a background there, but no KO because Kise is stronger and more experienced than Myougiryuu. As for Sumo being graceful and dignified, I don't know how interested in sumo you were during the Asashouryuu era, but there was plenty of self-confessed malice and intention then, so you should have been grossly turned off already a few years ago.

I got turned on to sumo during the days of Takanohana, Wakanohana, Akebono and Musashimaru. Asashoryu turned me off for the same reasons that Hakuho is turning me off.

To be honest, I can't think of a meaningful comment from you, either.

hehe, good joke (Laughing...)

I am bored and a little bit pissed of by the comments and the "privat war" from Masumasumasu AND Igordemorais. Please BOTH calm down and concentrate on that what this thread is about. Please no more "deathwishes" or insults towards anyone...

I am bored and a little bit pissed of by the comments and the "privat war" from Masumasumasu AND Igordemorais. Please BOTH calm down and concentrate on that what this thread is about. Please no more "deathwishes" or insults towards anyone...

I totally agree. Just agree to disagree, kiss, make up and promise not to fight until next basho.

Hey listen, why are you talking back to me like that? Are you the only one who determines how a proper attitude should manifest? Let me get something straight.

1) *I* happen to like my breakfast salty, and I strongly believe that it is the only humane way one can have his breakfast. To think otherwise is cruel at best.

2) I find it more than questionable that I am the only one who gets reprimanded on this forum all of the time, just because I chose to quit my medication. Don't you see that this is single-minded hatefulness, especially by those old farts who have a history of posting nothing at all in their 5000+ posts? It was about time that I dropped in to fill the void.

3) I think that you all - who should praise me for my objective and valuable insights into the true nature of humanity and understanding in general - and also everyone outside this forum should listen to what I'm saying, because I'm right. Which is not debateable, just because you all seem unable to debate. And why should that be my fault?

Furthermore...

...oh shit. I just see that you didn't address me at all in your post...

...sry..

• Like 1

I just wrote down my personally impression and begged for more "restraint" about things that are not belonging to this thread. And I will add my thought to your post: (Sigh...)

BTT:

I guess with 14-0 Harumafuji will made it. Either he will win the zensho yusho or get at least a kettei-sen and finish with 14-1J. I guess even this result should be enough for his promotion. But it will be still a nice and interessting bout tomorrow. Just can' wait...

Schedule of events on senshuraku? When is play off for jonidan and when starts Juryo and Makunuchi?

Bottom line: this is a contact sport. People get hurt when they collide, especially with two men being as powerful as these guys are. If anything, I'd support using your arms at the initial charge to avoid clashing heads with the opponent. That can be much more damaging than a forearm blow.

In other news... LET'S GO HARUMAFUJI!!!

This might be my first time witnessing a Yokozuna promotion (as I just got into the sport at the beginning of this year) and I'm excited. Witnessed Kakuryu become an Ozeki and now this. Awesome.

Edited by iron bug

Schedule of events on senshuraku? When is play off for jonidan and when starts Juryo and Makunuchi?

All playoffs will probably be after the Takanoyama-Joukouryuu match in Makuuchi. Everything starts around an hour earlier, so Juryo should be around 2;00 JST and Makuuchu around 3:10 or so, maybe a bit later.

All playoffs will probably be after the Takanoyama-Joukouryuu match in Makuuchi.

Or as Doitsuyama wrote elsewhere, potentially only after the Chiyonokuni bout if both multi-voweled 10-4 rikishi lose their bouts. I'm rooting for a 7-way playoff, personally.

Oh my God dude just die please.

Moderator Notice
Please, no personal attacks on this Forum! We like to keep it polite here. If you are annoyed by some member's posts, you can easily ignore him. We even have a handy feature for that...

Oh my God dude just die please.

Moderator Notice
Please, no personal attacks on this Forum! We like to keep it polite here. If you are annoyed by some member's posts, you can easily ignore him. We even have a handy feature for that...

So, that's why I get no responses to my posts ;-)

Heh, since I also follow other Japanese news I first read this as "events on Senkaku" as in the disputed islands that have been an issue recently.

Go Harumafuji!

Too bad about Takanoyama. Maybe he can at least win the last match and he can bounce back up from juryo by time for the Hatsu basho.

Go YBF!

Heh... Nice one Mr. K.... You had me fished in right up to the gills... Was thinking, what lobster crawled up this guy's Speedo?.... Figured out it was just for the halibut....

In other news... Now that HF is almost a certainty for a Belt, who's next? Judging by this basho is going to be next to impossible because of the less-than-full cast of Ozekis,

My 3 shekels are on Kakuryu. I figure he should get his first yusho by March '13 and give him about a year after that.

I'd like to pin the label on Kise, but that's going to be a while. Maybe by the NEXT presidential election? Then again, I've been wrong before...