Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

New recruits for Takanohana

Big size twins of basket ball background to enter Takanohana-beya. 15 years old middle school students Kamiyama Tsuyoshi and Satoshi. National 3rd with the Ibaragi prefecture selection basket ball team.

They used the summer holidays for a heya experience stay entering. They plan their first dohyo appearance for the Haru basho next year.

G20120822003952290_view.jpg

Takanohana-beya already has twins, makushita Takageppo and Takatoshi.

G20120822003952310_view.jpg

Sumo so far had 17 pairs of twins. No one got to sekitori.

Sponichi

Geez, the twins flood continues... For those interested, older brother Tsuyoshi is 185/91, younger Satoshi is 187/97. They've both grown 5 cm in the last year according to their basketball selection profile from last season, so might well be topping 190 cm eventually. They've only been playing basketball since 6th grade, so they must be pretty naturally gifted athletes if they made it into the prefectural team after just two years. However, from the "uh-oh" file - it was their father who had the idea of them entering Ozumo. We'll see, I guess...

The new twins at the children sumo class, introducing themselves in front of the children and guardians, together: "New recruit(s) Kamiyama !"

Asked by the kids why they have become rikishi, Tsuyoshi said "I admired (rikishi)", Satoshi "Because I'm blessed with this physique."

G20120823003958420_view.jpg

Taka giving a keiko lesson to kids.

G20120823003957720_view.jpg

Taka plans to have a contest with young rikishi from his heya and top high school sumo clubs, in Miyazaki in October.

The heya has a training camp there then. On the 2nd day, the 20th, individual and team competitions are planned.

Sponichi

mrt12082219510000-p1.jpg