Sign in to follow this  
Leonishiki

Summer jungyo tickets

Hi everybody,

Some friends are going to travel around the north of Japan in August and they would like to watch some sumo if it's possible. They are now trying to organize all his schedule and they would like to know if there is any website where to find information about the tickets prices, how to purchase them, the venues, timetable, etc. I sent them the link to the NSK website, but it doesn't seem to have too much information there.

Thanks in advance

Eduardo

There's a bit more on the Japanese side, but I think you're expecting too much. As these events are locally organized there's no central location for buying tickets etc. Two of the stops do have promoter homepages linked in the table, with more detailed information available there.

Edited by Asashosakari

Hi Leonishiki,

Could you specify where in "north of Japan" will your friends be traveling? Let me know and see what I could do for them

Here's a rough schedule from the table Asashosakari has kindly linked to:

Asahikawa City ( Hokkaido ) Aug.4th

Obihiro City ( Hokkaido ) Aug 5th

Ishinomaki City (Miyagi pref) Aug 7th - visiting disaster-hit areas -possibly temporary houses or local community centers

Miyako City ( Iwate ) Aug 8th - visiting disaster-hit areas

Goshogawara City ( Aomori ) Aug 9th

Akita City ( Akita ) Aug 10th

Hanamaki City ( Iwate ) Aug 11th

Ooe Town ( Yamagata ) Aug 12th

Thank you both. One of them speaks Japanese so I'll send him theming to the Japanese website. They have tolD me that they could watch sumo on August 7th in Ishinomaki. They don't need any website for getting tickets in advance, but some information about the timetable of the exhibition and the venue, so they could know where to go. Thanks a lot for your help