Sign in to follow this  
Akinomaki

NSK new corporate status Hyogi-inkai and myoseki

Yomiuri shimbun president Yamaguchi (59)

So they are recruiting teenagers now?

• Like 3

Hakkaku maybe had a hard time to find some who suit him among the seasoned crop.

Hyogi-in-kai on the 9th:

Former YDC chief Takuhiko Tsuruta (88) retires from the hyogi-in-kai for personal reasons and gets replaced by another former YDC chief, ex-NHK president and also former external NSK riji Katsuji Ebisawa (82).

http://www.nikkansports.com/battle/sumo/news/1691996.html

happy about the new task

ebi-wa154620160809-ogp_0.jpg

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 1

Today's all-hands meeting of regular oyakata (i.e. no directors or other executives) voted to propose that the three oyakata members of the hyogi-inkai (board of trustees) be succeeded by former oyakata over the age of 65, writes Nikkan. I'm not sure if they only intend to consider fully retired ex-members of the Kyokai, or also the currently re-employed guys between ages 65 and 70 who are still Kyokai members but cannot serve in normal executive roles.

This was apparently occasioned by the initial four-year term limit running out on the first set of incumbents in March, although Nikkan's writer doesn't seem to be aware that one of the three members (ex-Miyabiyama) only joined the board in 2016, not 2014.

Edited by Asashosakari
  • Thanks 2

On 12/27/2017 at 19:31, Asashosakari said:

Today's all-hands meeting of regular oyakata (i.e. no directors or other executives) voted to propose that the three oyakata members of the hyogi-inkai (board of trustees) be succeeded by former oyakata over the age of 65, writes Nikkan. I'm not sure if they only intend to consider fully retired ex-members of the Kyokai, or also the currently re-employed guys between ages 65 and 70 who are still Kyokai members but cannot serve in normal executive roles.

This was apparently occasioned by the initial four-year term limit running out on the first set of incumbents in March, although Nikkan's writer doesn't seem to be aware that one of the three members (ex-Miyabiyama) only joined the board in 2016, not 2014.

The 3 candidates are all former oyakata, no reemployed one: the 2 former riji  Isenoumi (Fujinokawa, 71) and Dewanoumi (Washuyama, 68), and ex-Asanosho (48), who left the NSK in 2008 and is now coach in amateur sumo. http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20180216/sum18021623380006-n1.html

Apparently ex-Miyabiyama is seen as fill-in into an ongoing term

• Like 1

The 3 new NSK related members of the hyogiin-kai were appointed today: with the start of the new NSK administration also a new hyogi-inkai term has started, and today the hyogiinkai had to appoint the 10 newly elected riji. Those 3 new members are actually all real externals now - this marks the end of the obscure construction of more pretending to give up the oyakata qualification to become a member, but actually still stay as oyakata in the heya and thus within the NSK. The term of Miyabiyama therefore actually was cut short and had not been just seen as fill-in into an ongoing term. http://www.jiji.com/jc/article?k=2018032600989&g=spo

On 2/16/2018 at 17:08, Akinomaki said:

The 3 candidates are all former oyakata, no reemployed one: the 2 former riji  Isenoumi (Fujinokawa, 71) and Dewanoumi (Washuyama, 68), and ex-Asanosho (48), who left the NSK in 2008 and is now coach in amateur sumo. http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20180216/sum18021623380006-n1.html

Apparently ex-Miyabiyama is seen as fill-in into an ongoing term

Ikenobo, the head of the hyogi-in-kai has declared she wants to step down from that position and become an ordinary member. http://www.daily.co.jp/general/2018/03/26/0011105103.shtml

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

The 3 new NSK related members of the hyogiin-kai were appointed today:

So who are they?. 

The three outside riji took part in the rijicho elections, says Kasugano Oyakata.  Hakkaku was voted by all as there was no other candidate. In the last election (Hakkaku vs. Takanohana), the outsiders did not vote. "The outside guys should be able to vote with all the other rijis, " said the Public Interest Accreditation Committee (don't look at me, I have no idea..)  unto Kasugano Oyakata , who complied.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

hyogi-inkai

Brain cramping. Which high level group is this, the people who did not make their living in sumo?

Edited by Fukurou

33 minutes ago, Kintamayama said:

So who are they?. 

the 3 candidates

• Like 1

I put this into this thread, where all the background information are from

21 hours ago, Akinomaki said:

Actually, Ootake wasn't officially a member of the NSK when this happened - as a member of the hyogi-in-kai - and thus can't be punished by the NSK. Instead he is giving back 10% of his salary "voluntarily". http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2018/03/30/kiji/20180329s00005000302000c.html

8 hours ago, Kintamayama said:

Can you explain this? What does it mean that he wasn't a member of the NSK? Can he be an Oyakata without being a member? I don't get this. I see there are only three hyogi-in. Why are they not considered members of the Kyokai? 

This  obscure construction was never really fully explained - and was now disposed of before it raised too many questions - the explanations that were available I had all collected in this thread:

On 18.6.2013 at 12:40, Akinomaki said:

Oyakata as externals can be in the new Hyogiin-kai

condition: not under the command of the riji-kai, no longer doing the business of the kyokai and without salary.

On 5.7.2013 at 09:56, Akinomaki said:

From the oyakata: Minatogawa (Daitetsu), Otake (Dairyu), Yamahibiki (Ganyu)

On 5.7.2013 at 21:28, Asashosakari said:

Otake's an odd choice, I didn't think the new style hyogi-in position would be compatible with having shisho responsibilities.

On 28.1.2014 at 13:21, Akinomaki said:

The 3 “former toshiyori” independent from NSK authority, without toshiyori salary and without a post in the kyokai (But active in the heya and with the contract pay? Leaving the NSK ?), who will be members of the new hyogi-in-kai, will have a remuneration for that of under 2 million yen.

On 28.1.2014 at 19:00, Akinomaki said:

The external oyakata have to “retire once” (and come back later? - how?) as toshiyori and get the contract pay (which is for oyakata) in addition to the hyogi-in remuneration (Sankei).

Since the heya are to be totally independent from the NSK, being an oyakata there wouldn't collide with being an external as a hyogi-in.

I can't imagine the 3 planned oyakata to relinquish their myoseki and quit the NSK, especially Otake giving away the heya.

On 31.1.2014 at 05:23, Asashosakari said:

Interestingly the Kyokai updated their online duties list yesterday (so changed per 1/30) and removed Otake, Minatogawa and Yamahibiki from the oyakata list - and added them to a new councillor list under their real names.

and now this is over and we have something that is not full of contradictions anymore:

On 16.2.2018 at 17:08, Akinomaki said:

The 3 candidates are all former oyakata, no reemployed one: the 2 former riji  Isenoumi (Fujinokawa, 71) and Dewanoumi (Washuyama, 68), and ex-Asanosho (48), who left the NSK in 2008 and is now coach in amateur sumo.

On 26.3.2018 at 19:40, Akinomaki said:

The 3 new NSK related members

are actually all real externals now - this marks the end of the obscure construction of more pretending to give up the oyakata qualification to become a member, but actually still stay as oyakata in the heya and thus within the NSK.

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 3/26/2018 at 19:40, Akinomaki said:

Ikenobo, the head of the hyogi-in-kai has declared she wants to step down from that position and become an ordinary member.

Today Ikenobo has stepped down after the mandatory 4 years full term and is thus new ordinary member now (for 4 more years). The new head of the hyogi-in-kai is ex-NHK president and former external NSK riji Katsuji Ebisawa (84).

AS20180612004142_commL.jpgo 20180612s00005000191000p_thum.jpgo  b_11346602.jpgoorigin_1.jpgo

20180612-OHT1I50154-N.jpgoorigin_1.jpgo spo1806130010-s1.jpgo

on the way to the hyogi-in-kai

201806130000164-w200_0.jpgo

Edited by Akinomaki
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Akinomaki said:

The new head of the hyogi-in-kai is ex-NHK president and former external NSK riji Katsuji Ebisawa (84).

Also ex-YDC chairman.