Sign in to follow this  
Fukurou

UEFA Championship

I didn't have a team playing (Bayern Munich vs Chelsea FC), but that was a really exciting match! The actual fans of those teams must have been near heart failure. Well played, gentlemen!

They are my two favourite teams abroad, already for over 15 years. So it couldn't turn out bad, though I favour a bit more Chelsea and thus I'm as happy as can be.

Moti, mentioned a while ago to me he had moved to England as no jobs etc in Greece.

wonder if Chelski can do anything next season now that the rouble flow is drying up.

Also the issue of Matteo staying on or another single season big name brought in.

Big turnoff of a match. Other than the missed penalty kick and the timing of the goals, it was a rather boring affair. To make matters worse the defensive, lucky, rough team was the one to be crowned champion in the end. Sigh.

Now, please, let tomorrow's last day of the basho be better.

Edited by Koorifuu
  • Like 1

it was a rather boring affair.

Agreed. And to make it worse the transmission I got home was not good, either. I think it had to do with the difference between the size of the image captured and the one shown by the local broacast. More often than not the player with the ball was bordering off the screen or was indeed off.

As to the game, it helped Germany and its teams cement their reputation as perennial losers in the International Football of this young century.

• Like 1

Big turnoff of a match. Other than the missed penalty kick and the timing of the goals, it was a rather boring affair. To make matters worse the defensive, lucky, rough team was the one to be crowned champion in the end. Sigh.

There's both offense and there's defense all sports. Too bad many "fans" find defense "boring" and the making of a "bad" game, because that's only half of what's going on.

(this same sort of "fan" must really hate no-hitters in baseball (no hits by one side), or even worse, the perfect game (no baserunners at all by one side))

Besides, Bayern had their chances - 34 shots on goal worth of chances. Chelsea only got 9 shots. By that standard, the "defensive" team didn't win did they, eh?

By defensive I actually meant something among the likes of "largely outplayed thus being forced to be defending". Sorry for the incorrect wording... :x

wonder if Chelski can do anything next season now that the rouble flow is drying up.

Perhaps once the 3 Belgian wonderboys break through ? Lukaku, Courtois & De Bruyne.

All of those 3 are perfectably capable of developing world-class skills, but I wonder if they'll be enough to keep this level of play? Abramovich is probably going to stop pumpin' cash into the team now that he's got the huge cup he always wanted.

Saw the second half of the Champions League Final (between 2 non-champs) on the way home last night. Plus the extra-time and penalties.

Do the Germans know they can never beat the English when the pressure is on in the modern-era in club football? Not as classy as Manchester United beating Bayern in 99 in Barcelona in the 90, but an team English win all the same.

Bayern's mistake? Arrogance?

They ALWAYs get over confident, gesturing to their fans before it is over. And the fans.....when it ain't going their way the fans schtum up and go quiet, lose their will to win all over again.

They thought it was all over etc etc....

Better luck next time.

And, interesting to see 2 Israel flags waved above the word Munich on the halfway line (stadium in which the capital was held) on the 119th minute.

I'd say it was Jupp Heynckes mistake. Remove Thomas Müller as soon as he scored - after the equalizer there was no way to put Thomas back in. Game over.

And, interesting to see 2 Israel flags waved above the word Munich on the halfway line (stadium in which the capital was held) on the 119th minute.

Why is that interesting? Did you ever see how many Israeli flags are flown in a Barcelona match? Israeli fans fly all over the world to see their preferred teams ( a HUGE Man U fanbase, second only to the Barcelona one..) and stick a flag wherever possible, because they can.