Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Videos Natsu 2012

Aminishiki looks pretty slow in this bout. And he needs about one second to switch from his game to Homasho's game. Sloppy slapfest follows, but that is not a telltale in my book. At one point close to the end, Homasho seems to pull him actually away from the tawara. Is this what you are aiming at?

I don't know. Aminishiki is so often the spoiler when I expect pre-crafted results, I almost consider him to be out of the usual gimme-takeit-loop. I'm undecided.

Well, all I'm seeing is that Aminishiki was lacking fighting spirit right from the start. The reasons could be manifold.

And for the record, I've never bought the cock-and-bull story about Aminishiki being the epitome of gachinko.

Edited by Jakusotsu

I also wanted to point out that today marked only the 6th ever kinboshi given up by Hakuho. Previous 5 were:

2007.9.11 vs Toyonoshima

2008.3.4 vs Aminishiki

2008.9.5 vs Kisenosato

2009.9.6 vs Shotenro

2010.11.2 vs Kisenosato

As a yokozuna, Hakuho is 190-6 vs maegashira.(97%)

The difference in Kaisei's sumo since he last was on Makuuchi is like night to the day.

Toyohibiki looks surprisingly good this basho. 4 wins after 8 bouts already, and three wins against ozeki and Hakuho. He didn't make it easy for Kotoshogiku today, but alas it wasn't quite enough.

I agree. Hakuho to pull out soon, with whatever's wrong with him. He just looks so ordinary, it's bizarre.

Again, thanks to Kintamayama for these excellent streams.

Kaisei is like a completely different fighter. If that matte had been called I have no doubt he'd be 7-1

And the last person to lift Baruto off his feet was Asa... This is the kind of sumo from Goeido I've been waiting for. Baruto did everything right, and still lost.

I think Baruto lost to someone by lifting about an year ago. It was Tochinoshin, IIRC.

Sad state of affairs for me, i really like Hakuho, i wish him a speedy recovery if he is injured.

Tomorrow the video will be about three hours late. Days 11, 12, and 13 will see very late uploads..

Day 9 :

• Like 4

Hakuho STILL has not gone kyujo?!!

Has a Yokozuna ever gone make-koshi? With the Ozeki still to face him, this is now a very real possibility if he doesn't bow out.

As always, thanks Kinta! Look forward each day to watching the days matches right here.

Was it just me, or did the dohyo seem really slippery today? A lot of rikishi seemed to have little grip with thier feet..

Has a Yokozuna ever gone make-koshi?

Since the 15 day basho,

Without going kyujo:

Onokuni July 1989

Wakanohana Sept 1999

Edited by Ashikawazu

Well, that Kisenosato fella ain't in this bussiness to make friends, that for sure... ;-)

• Like 1

Since the 15 day basho,

Without going kyujo:

Onokuni July 1989

Wakanohana Sept 1999

Must be September 1989 for Onokuni, mustn't it?

Since the 15 day basho,

Without going kyujo:

Onokuni July 1989

Wakanohana Sept 1999

Must be September 1989 for Onokuni, mustn't it?

Yep, sorry you are right. 10 years apart... :)

"not sorry, and take an extra shove to the neck"

(Whatever above, it is funny...)

That was odd hehe, i guess kisenosato was very much in the heat of the moment, i have to admit after seeing that i wanted kotoshogiku to win that one, it's a pity he hurt his foot as he was doing so well, i thought Kotooshu had a good bout today, showing some balance and good thinking, i feel sad for Hak despite also being a Toyonoshima fan, i've never seen him lose like this before.

Thank you Kintamayama, i greatly enjoy these video's :)

Edited by Bugman

Wow... Just, wow...

What I think you're seeing in Hakuho right now is a gradual but growing lack of confidence. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with him physically. Whereas 3 years ago, he would confidently take charge, he's now mostly guessing. He knows Toyonoshima well enough to be able to handle him, but this bout looked like a farmer chasing a duck. Hak should declare himself unworthy, find a reason to take a vacation, and mentally regroup for July. Sad to say, but I think we saw this coming back in January.

Late edit: Thought just occurred to me: If this state of affairs continued for the next couple of bashos, and for whatever reason Hak decides to call it quits, at the rate the Ozekis are going (with nobody dominating on a basho-to-basho basis), we could see ourselves with a banzuke of 6 Ozeki and NO Yokozuna. It's conceivable that the yushos might be spread out among Kise, Baruto, HF and even Osh and Kakuryu. There's enough parity among that group to keep them all in position for the next several basho.

Edited by Treblemaker
  • Like 1

I'm catching up with this basho through Kinta's digests, and enjoying them immensely! The comments really make me smile. Thank you. (Heart...) (Heart...) (Heart...)

Edit: Kimikaze's butt-wiggle reminds me of Asanowaka for some reason. Aaaah, Asanowaka.

Edited by Manekineko
  • Like 1

(...) i have to admit after seeing that i wanted kotoshogiku to win that one

Exact same feeling here.

It's Kisenosato's now for the taking. His newlyfound mental stability is going to be tested..

• Like 1

Day 10 - Late as promised. Tomorrow there will be a 12 hour delay, so please be patient. in any case, I think it was well worth the wait..

Edited by Kintamayama
  • Like 7

Wow, that was the most exciting day so far for me, just too many terrific bouts to remember all in one go and no interference from the lizard people either :) kisenosato looked incredibly strong today against a Kotooshu that was really trying hard, i'm going to rewatch again, but first i need to find my slippers :-D Thank you Kintamayama.

Kakaryu didn't exactly put up much of a fight there.

Kintamayama - don't worry about it being late. We all appreciate the effort.

Weird day, but with some superb elements in it. If only for the nifty commentary. :-P

Why did Kotooshu give up his inside left grip on the mawashi? I've watched it a couple of times, and I can't think of any reason why he would let go like that. His last ditch attempt at hatakikomi was never gonna succeed without that grip.