L : Takamisakari

Takarafuji Baruto

W Tochinoshin

L Baruto

I'm a sucker for punishment..

Final results:

11-4

1 person likes this

I understand that the owner of the game has the right to chose the name, but why did you ask, then, for new alternatives?

It's not that I suggested WiLLoW, but the name gives you exactly the essence of the game (Winning Losers Losing Winners) and it is much more melodic, I think.

And you can turn to the players who play the game as WiLLoWers, while TTTers sounds like stuttering.

Edited by Achiyama

I disagree with Kintamayama's suggestion that the game should have another name. And I find "Turn the Tides" perfectly suitable.

Heheh, and it reminds me of my very very first Bench comment, made at a time when I still thought that game was about winning. It was

"TTTTT - Time To Turn The Tides".

Oh, and way off-topic:

Why is Chaingang called Chaingang?

What is a Roto in RotoSumo?

Where is the paper in Paper Oyakata Game?

What does the Hoshitori Game and UDH have to do with hoshitori?

At least I know that the origin of "Internet Sumo Pool" was a live game in a Hawaiian pub where guests put money into a pool and predicted sumo bouts. The best prediction was the pool winner.

Thank you all for participating in the test run! Judging by the responses it looks like the game is a success (even with Kotoviki's growing hate B-) ), and fortunately Doitsuyama has already offered to make it automated.

I know, I promised to do a poll about the name, but while WiLLoW (the only other suggestion so far) is kinda cute, I like TTT better as an acronym, so with Rijicho's powers I want to stick with Turn The Tide.

Excellent news regarding the automation. TTT is fine with me too. This one will be fun to play as well.

Oh, and way off-topic:

Why is Chaingang called Chaingang?

Because you have to have a chain of wins to go on. The gang is us. I can't think of a better name on earth for this game. I think it is epic.

Thanks a lot, Jakusotsu-san! The only negative aspect I can find is the fact that it took years until you finally decided to present this brilliant idea to a bigger audience. I was convinced already some three or four years ago that this game will be great fun and a success....

There is some hope that enough players will be attracted soon and this one becomes part of SB games.

Ganzohnesushi

Assuming the next edition will be an official one and with full automation, and thus likely featuring a lot more players, many of whom wouldn't even have known of the test run, I'm not sure the test basho should count for the banzuke. Seems like stacking the deck in favour of Sumoforum members.

Edited by Asashosakari

Definitely TTT. That's what I write down on my notes for each day anyway. Agree with Asasho about the banzuke...not really fair for the non-forum players.

Great it will be automated. I will of course be getting Chocshoporyu, Fujiyama and Mariyasu to join in at that stage so that's three extra players for a start.

I would go along with Asasho and the Panda on the banzuke thing. Some of us, (me) would have played the test run differently if banzuke placement had been known to be at stake. That said, I probably would have ended up with zero :-D

I did really good on this game until I went to Osaka and then it all went to hell! I picked better when I wasn't watching anyone's sumo and had not seen any TV or digest. After I got there I put some thought into who will win and I went from being in like 2nd place with only one incorrect to going makekoshi :-(

I wasn't doing too well in this game at the beginning when still trying to pick obvious winners. Only when I decided to step down from the bandwagons, I picked up points. But I wonder whether the same thing will happen once secrecy kicks in.