Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Asakayama Oyakata lifts

Asakayama Oyakata (ex-KaioU) did a PR stint at a local pachinko parlor to promote a new pachinko/slot machine thingy. "I was tense.. On the dohyo all you have to do is do sumo, but here you have to choose your words carefully," he said at his first PR solo stint gig thing. At the request of a photographer, he easily picked up the thing which weighs 40 kilos. "After my retirement I have a lot of free time so I think I want to travel to all sorts of places," he added.

XU picks up the machine, not the ladies:

20120207-00000108-spnannex-000-0-view.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

Gah, i'm not supposed to see gambling games of any kind! i kind of gravitate toward them and lose all my money :)

Don't suppose anyone knows the name of this gambling game i'm about to describe by any chance, it's basically a vertically placed, rectangular wooden board with many large nails banged into it, a random picture or painting of something exciting such as a dragon on the front, and then a ball bearing is allowed to drop down and rebound off the nails as it gets to the bottom where 5 or 6 different boxed off sections await for it to drop in, a couple are prize winners, the rest not, i'm pretty sure it's a japanese street game but i just don't know the name of it.

Ah i see thank you, it's a good thing there are no pachinko parlours near me, i'd spend way too much time playing i'm sure, what's Kaio holding there then? it looks a little like a normal slot-machine but without the arm :)

Edit* i'm really enjoying the new high-tech forum, i just clicked on the kaio picture and it enlarge/zoomed alien technology style :-) very nice.

Edited by Bugman

No, it's a slot machine. See the three windows? And where would you launch the balls?

I realize the old mechanical pachinko machine I have in my house is about 40 years out of date, but I still think I'd know one when I saw one.

Edit: Or I could just read the what that was actually in reply to and say nothing...

Edited by Kuroyama

No, it's a slot machine. See the three windows? And where would you launch the balls?

Yubinhaad was responding to Bugman's description, not the picture.

Yubinhaad was responding to Bugman's description, not the picture.

Derp. That's what I get for not reading up the thread.

I could take the easy way out and blame it all on the new forums... SOOO CONFUSING!!1!

PS. Ironically, I just accidentally clicked on the "More Posting Options" button instead of "Add Reply".

The poster for Asakayama-oyakata's intai stuff. (4mb PDF)

And his official website is http://www.kaiou-asakayama.com/

There are some cool pictures in the gallery, like this one from his younger days:

young_002.jpg

Anyone name the watching sekitori top left?

Edited by Yubinhaad
  • Like 1

Winning the first PS (perfect spirit) big prize at the Pachi(nko)-Slo(t machine) thanksgiving festival: Asakayama-oyakata (Kaio), for his record of most makuuchi wins (1047).

oth13080417480019-p1.jpg

• Like 1