Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

The March of the Basho GTB invitacione

The Hatsu basho just ended in some parts of the world. In other parts, it is till day 6 and it looks like Hakuhou is going to get another of his walkover yushos.

As some of us are in the part where it already ended, I would like to say that it is a nice day outside, statistically speaking of course. With no videos to upload and aging, shriveled-up testicles that no longer need short term maintenance, I find myself twirling my thumbs and thinking of stuff. Why are zebras in black and white? You'd think by now they would have the technology to be in color. Same goes for pedestrian crossings. Even the traffic lights are now in color, so what's with the crossings? Different management? And pizza? Can't they do anything else but get eaten? And rainbows? Why are they so happy when all this global warming sheise is going on? And stairs? Why do they go upwards when I go up, and downwards when I go down? Is there some metaphysical law I missed while sleeping under bridges these last 4 years? Do you know that the actress Goldie Hawn has been sleeping under Bridges for thirty years now?

But I digress. What I really wanted to talk about is crocodiles. Are they greener or longer?

Until I receive a learned answer, this:

A Sumo maniac's work is hardly ever done . This is an invitation to all gamers and non-gamers to play the thought-invoking in between- bashos' "Guess the Banzuke" (GTB) game . The entry form is online and awaiting your affection.

Rules in 14 languages, none of them relevantly updated as usual. (We all speak the universal language of love, right?)

Tiebreaker - Most total guesses, then, the earlier entry, then, the player who has an Eskimo grandmother.

It's up to you to check if you are on the list of entries. We've been having quite a few complaints lately of entries getting lost in the mail (no we haven't, but it makes for a great conversation piece..). It's going to be your fault, not the Internet's. No monoiis on this matter will be accepted. At the risk of repeating myself- no exceptions! Unless you're really hot- in which case you may turn on the air conditioner while I'm not looking.

For rules, standings and hummus:

http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

For the rigid entry form:

http://sumodb.sumogames.com/gtb/gtbentry.aspx

For the "new" archives:

http://sumodb.sumogames.com/gtb/gtbarchive.aspx

Baruto-the next Yokozuna?:

http://www.alittlejumptotheright.hk

DEADEND- TAKE NOTE- Saturday, February 25th , 2012 at 18:00 GMT ("Grope My Tits") .

Kintamayama, Andoreasu, Damon Kakka, and Doitsuyama

Edited by Kintamayama

Just submitted my entry,

and except for 2 or 3 spots that did not really fit in smoothly I think it looks good

- as usual...

until the real banzuke is published >:-(

Edited by kuroimori

"Less than a weak, more than a strong." I.B. Late from his wonderful book "The Secret of Being there".

55 entries so far so let's say that is reasonable.. Lesser than 48 hours to go-please vote!!

Haru GTB is behind us somewhere and we have a winner. This will be his second title - Kaiomitsuki!! Congratulations!!

Some banzuke topics:

84 participants-first time we broke the 70s-player barrier since July 2010.

All top ten players were KK.

6 new players-most since January 2008 when we had 9.

Milestones:

Leonishiki-80th basho

Feginowaka-70th basho

Jejima-70th basho

Kasamatsuri-50th basho

Kotononami-40th basho

Taxinohana-40th basho

Mysko-30th basho

Kungliazuma-20th basho

Shimanoumi-20th basho

Thanks one and all for playing and see you again next time!!

And now, on with the Ba-show!!

To see how you did:

http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

• Like 1

Haru GTB is behind us somewhere and we have a winner. This will be his second title - Kaiomitsuki!! Congratulations!!

Thank you very much :-)

Congrats to Kaiomitsuki! (I am not worthy...)

All top ten players were KK.

Not the top 10 entering the basho, only the new top 10 - Fatakiyama was ranked 8th and finished 7-8.

I'd like to thank an anonymous 2ch poster for turning me on to Gaga+Ozan as the komusubi pair at the last minute, which saved my overall #1 spot for another basho. Whew...

• Like 1

And since we're very likely to see a new #1 after the next edition, it's time for an (incredibly self-serving, yeah) update to this and this:

Chronologically:

I completely arsed up the top half of the Maegashira so I'm pretty happy with my 8-7.