Sign in to follow this  
Kofuji

Kofuji Intai in all games

Dear sumo gaming friends,

I'm very sad to have to declare my intai in all games as of now. My 28 day check up for my response to the new drug was today. Unfortunately I had only a 2-3 week transient response to the drug. The melanoma has already mutated as we were aware it eventually would, although we were hoping for a lot longer time. I have been taken off the drug. There are no chemotherapy options. All of the other clinical trials available exclude me due to the brain metastases as none of the other drugs have crossed the blood/brain barrier. My doctor is consulting with his colleagues in radiation oncology to see if there is some radiation therapy they can do to minimize the chances of swelling in the brain and its attendant nasty side effects. He is also investigate palliative care options in the area where I am living with my cousin. Due to the rapid progress of melanoma, the prognosis is 4-8 weeks, so this will be my last basho for the worst possible reason. A number of sumo people are on my wife's medical update distribution list, so they will keep you informed. As I have energy, I'll try to inform Doitsuyama what needs to be done to run the games on the current basis, but he has also agreed to port them to ASP.NET which should lead to improvements in the games, like the common signon that I put together for Maegashira Game.

I've really appreciated this community and especially the kindness shown by and help received from people I've never met during this difficult year.

Warm regards,

Kofuji

This post left me speechless. Your courage and dignity are profoundly moving.

Now I am hoping and keeping all my limbs crossed that the docs can pull something out of their hat for you.

Good luck!! And my thanks for all the hard work and good humour you have displayed despite your difficult illness.

Simon

i too am having trouble finding an appropriate response. i certainly don't get out much on the forum, but would like to thank you for what you've done over the years. though i haven't bothered to express it until now, i have been quite thankful for your combination of sumo love and computer smarts. i have lost a few loved ones over the years to demons similar to yours, and know quite a few who have survived at least the first or second attack. cancer is a bitch, and i'd love to give it a big fat kick in the balls for you.

i'll keep sending good thoughts in your general direction, and, as pandaazuma said, keep hoping for something unexpected.

again, many thanks, and be well,

chabo

You will be well and long remembered around here Kofuji. ^_^

Let's have a big standing ovation for him everyone, for all that he's done for our community!

Kofuji, my friend, I have no words.

It has been an honour gaming with you these past years.

Kofuji, you are a hero to sumo gamers, and will always be one. But, that is just one string to your bow. Not everyone will know about your other incredible achievements, some of which I was privileged to hear about, when I visited you and Barb.

Edited by Jejima

If there are sumogames in heaven, you will be yokozuna

and if there aren't, then you will start them

you have given so much pleasure to sumofans all over the planet with your work

kudos to a HERO

Kofuji,

Thank you for providing the sumo games for so long.

Every basho, my wife and I enjoy the games together.

We are thinking of you.

I am very sorry to hear this. Even though I haven't been playing as long as some, I am very grateful for all the work you have put into the sumo games. There are no words suitable for situations like these. My prayers will be with you and your family.

You will be greatly missed, and I will always remember you as one of the great yokozuna of sumo games.

-Saruyama

One of the rare moments where I am fingerless. What can one write? Everything else becomes irrelevant. Words of thanks can't cover even the tiniest percentage of all you have done for this community and your other work as well.

I was afraid of this message ever since reading your comment in connection with your 21 picks, but still I'm shocked and deeply sad. I can only second Andonishiki's words though I won't give up hoping for a miracle. Thank you for everything!

And just when I thought the new year can't get worse than the last...

Be strong, friend!

I'm shocked, I'm sad and tears are running down my cheeks as I'm writing these lines.

Thank you Bob, for all the time and all the energy you've spent to keep the games alive over years. Wish you and your family all the best and all the strength which is needed for the hard times to come... My thoughts are with you.

Ganzohnesushi

I will always remember you.

I read it early on the morning, but I couldn't answer.

One of the best, not! the best and most important actors of this forum says Good bye.

Long time I had feared for your health, Bob.

But I had always hoped for you.

Now is it happend. we lose you.

Maybe all how it goes, we'll always think for you.

Excuse my bad English to find not the right words for this all!

Profo

I'm still in some kind of shock since I read the bad news this night on FB.

All I can do is send you my best wishes and hope that you will have strength and support from the doctors, your friends and family!

And here's me just posting something irrelevant in another thread.

Bob, I have never met you. I cannot remember that we even had a direct conversation here in the forum. But following your story here has always been touching me to the core. Everyone else here must have personal experience with illness, either by themselves or with family and friends, so do I. What my history tells me is that I should wish fortitude to the ones closest to you, because it's them who stay behind oblivious.

Dear Bob, from the way you were telling us your story I deduce that you are a good-spirited, powerful and dignified person. If you have to go already now, I wish you a peaceful passing. If you really will be gone, you won't care anymore, but I assure you: You will be remembered.

I thank you for everything that you did for the sumo community, of which I feel part. May you go to a better place.

I am also shocked and deeply saddened.... And there is no chance that I write anything meaningful in this context now, so I will just say: Be strong, Bob! My prayers are with you an your family.

Sasho

Bob,

Please rest assured that the Crater View Baptist Church is praying for you and your family. As a follower of Jesus Christ, my savior, I would be remiss if I didn't share these verses from the bible with you at this time.

Romans 10:9, 10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I hope that you will use this opportunity that God has given you (if you have not already done so) to accept his Son as your Savior. If you do, you will be able to have the peace provided by this verse:

Psalm 23:4 Ye though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thank you for your patience, diligence, and integrity in all that you have done for the online sumo community. I join the rest of the group here in asking God for a miracle on your behalf.

Torideyama

Yoohoo

Emmett

Kofuji-zeki, I am incredibly saddened to read about the recent developments concerning your health. You can be assured that you made the lives of literally hundreds of people so much more pleasurable with your diligent and patient work for the sumo community. I will miss you, Master of Dragonflies.

I read your post last night, but couldn't find any words until now. Still can't actually... Thank you for everything you've done for all of us who've shared your love of sumo. My thoughts are with you, Bob.

Although I have never met you, I am so very sad at this news. I still hold onto some hope for you and I thank you for your calm dignity at this difficult time, which can serve as a model for everyone.

If exists a smallest possibility to do yaocho with Almighty, nobody will ever blame You for that, praying! Be strong, as You always are...

Although I haven't been much in contact with you directly, I had been following your updates on your condition, and am now very sad to read this. My thoughts are with you.

Bob,

I am so sorry to read this news. You have been a kind and knowledgeable person in all of our interactions, and will be greatly missed. My prayers and good thoughts go to you and your family today, and times to come.