Sign in to follow this  
Kofuji

Kofuji Intai in all games

Dear Kofuji-zeki,

I still remember you kindly helped me out with entering Bench Sumo picks long time ago. Some other time I needed your help again to log in some other game...We only exchanged a couple of emails then but I am still so grateful how you were willing to give your warm helping hand to whoever needed it, no matter how small an issue it might be. We will always see your beautiful mind and expertise through this community as well as those great sumo games. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you for all your effort, kindness, and everything you did...

Edited by Manekineko

You display an incredible matter-of-factness and level of steel, I suspect far more than I would in your place.

Thanks for everything!

No goodbyes. Just warm regards.

Oh. My. God.

Bob, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I did never meet you but from our mails I know that you are a very kind and helpful person. It's too bad that the best ones always have to leave first.

Thank you for everything!

As I said on facebook, I'm so sad to hear this, Bob. I wish there was more that could be done.

Thanks for everything. You will be missed.

Don't know what to post but a few songs I thought were appropriate. Songs that I'd like to have played at my own funeral :

Edenbridge - Forever Shine On

Megadeth - A Tout le Monde

Don't know what music you're into, but it's the emotions in them that I'd like to express.

Bob, Kofuji... be strong, man !

You take it with so much courage & grace.

May that live on in everyone close to you.

Bob,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this very difficult time. You will be greatly missed by us all.

The world of Fantasy Sumo will not be the same without you.

Bob Hovestadt

Edited by Sherlockiama

Kofuji, I want to express my gratitude for what you have done for the sumo community.

I am so sad to hear these news from you!

I prey for you and your family.

Don't know what to post but a few songs I thought were appropriate. Songs that I'd like to have played at my own funeral :

Edenbridge - Forever Shine On

Megadeth - A Tout le Monde

Don't know what music you're into, but it's the emotions in them that I'd like to express.

Bob, Kofuji... be strong, man !

You take it with so much courage & grace.

May that live on in everyone close to you.

just quickly to add something. Bob mentioned to me before about spending a lot of time on (researching, i think? , maybe photographing?) dragonflies, so i think i would like to add this song to the list of Kofuji dedication songs: ( it's tonbo, by nagabuchi tsuyoshi) (i should mention that tonbo is japanese for dragonfly)

again, thanks for everything Bob!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2toy18likqM

Like so many others on the forum, veterans and newbies alike,

I was shocked and saddened when I read the headline of your intai posting today.

There aren't appropriate words for me to say except that my thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

Thank you for all your efforts that you have made for the onlime sumo gaming community!

Gambarou Bob!

Dear Kofuji,

The Info-Sumo Ichimon is in total shock. Just know that people from all around France, Belgium and Switzerland are sending you good thoughts.

Ganbatte !!!!

One of the rare moments where I am fingerless. What can one write? Everything else becomes irrelevant. Words of thanks can't cover even the tiniest percentage of all you have done for this community and your other work as well.

My sentiments exactly.

I'll be thinking of, and praying for you Bob....

Best wishes...

Very sad news....

Like everyone I'm lost for words....

Thank you Bob for all you've done B-)

I have suggested to Pandaazuma that he changes the name of his new game to "The Kofuji Metasumo game" because without your help through the years,the games would have gone under a long time ago..

Bob, you are a very kind and helpful person and you will be greatly missed.

My thoughts are now with you...

I'm voiceless, dear Kofuji, but all my thoughts are with you and your family and your friends.

What is there to say.

Just keep going Kofuji. Whatever there is, live it up. Life is nice. I'm sure you know it. Through your postings it oozes that you're strong as hell. Stay so.

I was very saddened to read your post, Bob. Although we've never spoken directly, I've always felt like I knew some things about you and when a new basho came around every other month I've always enjoyed looking at that photo of you in a kimono.

Thank you very much for all of the time you've shared with the greater sumo community at large in running the games. I know they are mere frivolities in the larger scheme of life, but they have brought a lot of happiness (and some frustration!) and increased my pleasure in each basho.

If it is your time to go in the year of the dragon, I wish you as comfortable a journey as possible toward, as Shakespeare put it, "the undiscovered country." I hope you are able to enjoy some additional time with your family and that you have God's blessing, just as you have our thoughts. Thank you again for all your help.

-Douglas (ScreechingOwl)

What a punch... in the stomach... we know each other virtually and suddenly reality burst the screen... No more words, sad news...

Warm regards

Jean-Luc (Fuseigou)

Mark Buckton asked me to post this for him:

Respect Bob. The mark you leave on sumo's global spread, will not be washed out any time soon.

Hard times to come. But you will be up to it.You know that.

Wait for the gamers you have brought into the sumo fold and entertained. They will need you again one day.

Kofuji...

The prime example of service, dedication and love for a passion shared by all of us. Thank you for giving more to beloved sumo than you received. Thank you for creating fun. Your clever creative contributions provided a central home to sumo fans scattered all over the world. Thank you for being a great competitor. Many dohyo-iris to honor and thank you.

Peace and prayers to you always.

Gattsuan, totemo gattsuan.

-shimodahito

Edited by shimodahito

It is difficult to find words, I'm very sad to read this. Thank you so much for everything you have done for us.

Anjoboshi

just quickly to add something. Bob mentioned to me before about spending a lot of time on (researching, i think? , maybe photographing?) dragonflies, so i think i would like to add this song to the list of Kofuji dedication songs: ( it's tonbo, by nagabuchi tsuyoshi) (i should mention that tonbo is japanese for dragonfly)

Yes, this is another string to Bob's bow. He is currently the secretary to the Worldwide Dragonfly Society, and is a leading member of the Emirates Natural History Group. He has written papers on odonata (dragonflies and damselflies).

He is an excellent wildlife photographer, particularly for close-ups of insects. Some of his stunning photos can be found here.

He has another amazing claim to fame --- he has discovered a new species of dragonfly mite (I hope I have got this correct), which he got to name, and wrote a paper on (I have been trying to find it online - but so far, no luck....). This mite rides on the backs of dragonflies that live in one of the wadis in Oman. The provisional name for it was going to be based on 'dragon rider'.

Edited by Jejima

He is an excellent wildlife photographer, particularly for close-ups of insects. Some of his stunning photos can be found here.

Fantastic pictures!!

Profomisakari