Sign in to follow this  
Fay

My pics from the Aki Basho 2011

Thank you Fay, among your day seven pics i recognised the rikishi that does the closing day ceremony (unfortunately i do not know the offical name of it) and i did not know he was called Shoho, thanks to your excellent pics i now know :)

Edited by Bugman

Thanks, Fay.

You got some amazing shots especially I love those with Hakuho, Baruto and Shonosuke Kimura.

I am not sure if anyone will be at the Kokugikan on the Senshuraku but if you are, please take some photo of the 35th Shonsuke Kimura as today is his last day performing the gyoji duty.

He has been always a low key figure but during his tenure he never made any questionable or controversial calls. He has had a pristine reputation and rock solid integrity. He has been one of the most solid Shonosuke.

Many thanks from me as well, your photos are always one of the highlights of the basho!

Did you happen to get any photos of that Mark Sheet bloke? I kept hearing about him all through the basho... (Clapping wildly...)

Pics from Senshuraku (still looking for the Shonsuke Kimura pics)

Thanks, Fay, but all you did have along with Kinta's irreplaceable video made this basho one of the most memorable ones I ever had.

Lots of beautiful pictures here! It's amazing what different personalities the rikishi display when they are walking along outside, rather than squaring up in the ring. You really seem to capture it well. Thanks for all your great work!