Sign in to follow this  
Guest MGLSekitori

My intro

Guest MGLSekitori

Howdy dear members of this great forum!

I've been visiting this site for the last year or so as a guest especially during basho. Currently reside in West Texas but I'm originally from Mongolia. I see quite few Mongol members here.

I got interested in sumo when Asashoryu got promoted to Yokozuna. My favorite sekitori is Hakuho (Myagino beya) ;-) You guys have great site. (Shaking head...) Keep up the good work! Thank you.

Welcome onboard, How does a Mongolian end up in West Texas?

Welcome aboard....... (Applauding...)

you Mongolians are getting more and more.........

Guest MGLSekitori
Welcome onboard, How does a Mongolian end up in West Texas?

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. (Laughing...) Oh, the reason why I stuck in West Texas is because I attend school here. As of now my school is almost over so I plan to go somewhere to spend the summer. Aderechelsea do I sense envy? (Applauding...)

Thanks guys.

Edited by MGLSekitori

Welcome from one foreigner in the US to another (Applauding...)

Welcome from Sweden!

Your shikona looks vaguely familiar. I have seen you in one or two of the games, haven't I? (Applauding...)

Howdy and welcome to the forum. Why not spend your summer in Japan and see Sumo live?

Howdy and welcome to the forum. Why not spend your summer in Japan and see Sumo live?

Jesi-san has a point here. Flights are pricey but places to stay aren't too bad (20US - 30US per day in Gaijin Houses) and meals not too bad unless you are expecting top class restuarants every day.

Only bad point is that July is in Nagoya (sorry Nagoya) and people don't travel halfway round the world to see Nagoya.

Anyway - welcome MGL-san.

Aderechelsea do I sense envy? :-D

Not really. I am happy i am the only representative of my country in sumo fandom...... B-)

i guess if a Greek becomes Yokozuna we will multiply....... :-P

Guest MGLSekitori

Thanks guys for the feedback. I've already have plans where I want to go for the summer. I'm planning to visit Sunshine State aka FL. Is it true everything in Japan is expensive? Someday I will visit Japan.

Oh, I go to UTPB (University of Texas at Permian Basin).

Thanks.

I'd also like to welcome you to the forum and to Florida in general when you get here. (Punk rocker...) Hope you get the chance to go to Japan sometime.

Is it true everything in Japan is expensive? Someday I will visit Japan.

See my post above MGL-san

Only bad point is that July is in Nagoya (sorry Nagoya) and people don't travel halfway round the world to see Nagoya.

Welcome MGL,

I don't have any particular feelings for or against Nagoya, only having visited it a couple of times. I also don't want to begin a regional debate. However, Nagoya is conveniently located if you travel between Tokyo and Kyoto, the two most likely tourist destinations. Nothing like a stop-off for a bit of sight-seeing and the sumo.

The problem that is more likely to arise in trying to see sumo in Nagoya is getting tickets. The 3 basho outside of Tokyo seem to sell tickets more easily because the big boys are only in town once a year as opposed to 3 times.

Can I suggest a Japan-rail pass, which allows unlimited JR rail travel including shinkansen (not the fastest Nozomi trains however). Very easy to get around most of the major destinations. It's quick if you use the shinkansen (bullet train) and good value for the amount you can do on it.