Sign in to follow this  
asashoryuasashoryu

rikishi with FACEBOOK

do rikishi really have facebook?

recently i noticed a friend of mine add "Dagvadorj Dorj" (asashoryu)

so out of curiosity, I added this person too, and it does appear to have some

photos of asashoryu / his children I have never come across online, and also

some "regular" looking activity!

does anyone know of this ?

aw, do none of you use facebook and have them? :(

None of the top rikishi use Facebook in English, AFAIK. Some former rikishi like Musashimaru use it here and there, but the rest don't. Maybe someone else knows better. As for Dorj, I'm not sure, maybe Barbara knows.

Mostly mongolians use FB. They mainly write in mongolian or japanese. So does Asashoryu.

Also in FB Sukubidubidu (

Edited by Fay

The Brazilian Kashin has (or used to at least) facebook. So does Tokio Yashiki, an ex-makushitan now in Sandanme. From the amateurs, the other day I was added by Manny Yarborough and though I have never searched I guess there should be many more non-pro.

A lot of lower division rikishi have facebook as my friend and I helped them sign up and make their accounts, however they don't post or gave up posting for the most part of them because even "using facebook in Japanese" they can't understand all the English stuff.

The emails for posts to their wall or things are all in English and they can't understand that. The friend requests are also in English and they don't know the people but don't know how to say yes or refuse. (it seems easy enough to me but I do understand English.. LOL)

Also some Kitanoumi boys complained that people write them in English on their wall or send them pm in English, they don't understand it and get frustrated. I said "just ignore it if you don't understand it, it isn't your fault" but they feel pressure so they don't want to check their fb anymore.

A few people including some makuuchi guys already deleted their fb because of overwhelming people wanting to be their friends who they had no clue who they were.

Some quit and started new fb pages without English in their names so only their native friends would find them..

For a lot of it many of them are just having fb where other people are posting things or putting pictures up but they admit they aren't even usually looking at it.

Akira's mom does all the posting on his fb.

and yes, the Mongolians are the biggest users of fb as a whole but as said here they are using in Mongolian and Japanese.

most Japanese rikishi are using Mixi as it is all in Japanese and much easier to understand!!