Sign in to follow this  
Kintamayama

Haru- Un-Banzuke released

The "un-banzuke" or the "ranking" as it is being called was released today. Trying to piece it together.This ranking may be changed before the next basho according to punishments. This ranking will not count in the rikishis' history for all intents and purposes )intai money, etc..)

Hakuhou Y

Kotooushuu O KaioU

Baruto O Harumafuji

Kotoshougiku S Kisenosato

Kakuryuu K Toyonoshima

Goueidou M1 Tokusegawa

Houmashou M2 Tochiouzan

Kitataiki M3 Aminishiki

Okinoumi M4 Takekaze

Aran M5 Wakanosato

Tamawashi M6 Tochinoshin

Hakuba M7 Yoshikaze

Kyokutenhou M8 Shoutenrou*

Tosayutaka M9 Asasekiryuu

Kasugaou M10 Wakakouyuu

Kouryuu* M11 Tochinowaka

Moukonami M12 Toyohibiki

Kotokasuga M13 Tokitenkuu

Gagamaru M14 Tochinonada

Takamisakari M15 Soukokurai

Miyabiyama M16 Kaisei

Kimurayama M17

Juryo

Takayasu J1 Tamanoshima

Bushuuyama J2 Masatsukasa

Takarafuji J3 Toyozakura*

Daidou J4 Sakaizawa

Hoshikaze J5 Shimotori*

Kyokunankai* J6 Kokkai

Asoufuji J7 Akiseyama

Sadanoumi J8 Fujiazuma

Masunoyama J9 Sadanofuji

Wakatenrou* J10 Houchiyama

Shironoryuu J11 Kiyoseumi*

Sagatsukasa J12 Tamaasuka

Masuraumi J13 Yoshiazuma

Chiyohakuhou* J14 Tsurugidake

*= Naughty boys

This is how it looks, lying on a "real" Banzuke:

20110228-00000007-maip-000-4-view.jpg

Edited by Kintamayama

I like the new format. It's much easier to read, and probably a lot less expensive to create.

I would enjoy it much more if it were written in English on a naked lady's back. Much more exciting. But it's not sumo, is it? Put your shovel down by that grave you are digging for sumo for just one minute, wipe your sweat, drink some water, and think - having a gyoji hand-write it precisely and artfully as it has been done for may years is much better, don't you think? Even if it may cost a bit more??

I like the new format. It's much easier to read, and probably a lot less expensive to create.

I would enjoy it much more if it were written in English on a naked lady's back. Much more exciting. But it's not sumo, is it? Put your shovel down by that grave you are digging for sumo for just one minute, wipe your sweat, drink some water, and think - having a gyoji hand-write it precisely and artfully as it has been done for may years is much better, don't you think? Even if it may cost a bit more??

If he derived any pleasure from artistry and tradition, he wouldn't hate ozumo so much.

Not sure if that's selfish or just hypocritical. How often do you use an actual banzuke?? More likely you're just copying and pasting digital representations just like everyone else. Does it just warm your cockles to know that, in 2011, somewhere else in the world a few other people are making and using a hand-crafted banzuke?

It's as unnecessary as that indoor ski range in Tokyo used to be. The time will come when they'll have to start thinking of what fat they cut; might as well start now.

If he derived any pleasure from artistry and tradition, he wouldn't hate ozumo so much.

I love sumo. What I hate is the Kyokai.

Edited by Peterao

Not sure if that's selfish or just hypocritical. How often do you use an actual banzuke?? More likely you're just copying and pasting digital representations just like everyone else. Does it just warm your cockles to know that, in 2011, somewhere else in the world a few other people are making and using a hand-crafted banzuke?

It's as unnecessary as that indoor ski range in Tokyo used to be. The time will come when they'll have to start thinking of what fat they cut; might as well start now.

See what I mean?

Right on cue, and no surprises.

Edited by Kuroyama

See what I mean?

The truth shouldn't be surprising. It's also not surprising that people bury their head in the sand instead of acknowledging an inconvenient truth.

See what I mean?

The truth shouldn't be surprising. It's also not surprising that people bury their head in the sand instead of acknowledging an inconvenient truth.

What, that they like calligraphy?

Seriously, are you off your meds or something?

I don't like the opera (I don't actually watch it..) but wouldn't ask the actors to wear jeans and perform in my backyard because it's cheaper and more contemporary. And how often do I watch sumo live? Once in two years maybe? Or three? So I guess it warms my cockles that somewhere else in the world a few thousand other people get to watch it every day. So maybe they should wear shorts, cut their hair and do sumo by your neighborhood swimming pool, since I don't "use" the actual matches often enough. Examples are manifold, but I don't want those last precious cells in your brain to overheat.

Now, I really am having my doubts whether you really exist, as some people have privately suggested to me. This is wacky wacky even for you. I guess not much going on under the bridge lately, huh?

Edited by Kintamayama

Sheesh! I say something positive about what the Kyokai is doing, and I _still_ get nailed!

Ain't no pleasing some people...

Sheesh! I say something positive about what the Kyokai is doing, and I _still_ get nailed!

Jesus complex too..

Jesus complex too..

While it is true that a prophet is never honored in his own country (even 2000 years later), I'll turn to the anti-Jesus for my final word on the matter:

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." ~ Charles Darwin

The "un-banzuke" or the "ranking" as it is being called was released today. Trying to piece it together.This ranking may be changed before the next basho according to punishments. This ranking will not count in the rikishis' history for all intents and purposes )intai money, etc..)

uu

Kasugaou M10 Wakakouyuu

Kouryuu* M11 Tochinowaka

Moukonami M12 Toyohibiki

Kasugaou M13 Tokitenkuu

uu

Kasugaou M10 Wakakouyuu

Kouryuu* M11 Tochinowaka

Moukonami M12 Toyohibiki

Kasugaou M13 Tokitenkuu

M13 is Kotokasuga.

Edited by Kintamayama

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." ~ Charles Darwin

And I will counter you with "Change is good usually, but not in this case." A bank teller when I tried to deposit 1643 one cent coins a few minutes before closing time on Friday.

Now, I really am having my doubts whether you really exist, as some people have privately suggested to me. This is wacky wacky even for you. I guess not much going on under the bridge lately, huh?

Hey, remember when you still believed that Peterao's hysterical overreactions are because he loves sumo too much? Simpler days, when rikishi were merely known to be whiling away their free time wagering on pursuits of base ball...

Good thing this edition of GTB was cancelled, I guess; I don't have my exact guess with me, but the parts I remember are all terribly off. I suppose the release of this not-banzuke has also killed the first re-start edition, though.

Edit: And Takayasu wuz robbed.

The rankzuke image doesn't show for me in the first post, here's another version just in case:

20110228k0000e050039000p_size5.jpg

Looks pretty space-wasting to me, given that that's only the sekitori divisions. Over at 2ch it's been posted that the ranking information provided to the stables came in a 6-page A4-sized booklet.

*= Naughty boys

Might as well add another mark of shame to Daido and Shironoryu for their gambling indictment...

Edited by Asashosakari

Good thing this edition of GTB was cancelled, I guess; ...

Was it really cancelled??

I haven't read anything about cancelling the GTB.

As there IS a Banzuke out now, I expect the GTB to be running this time (On the banzuke...)

Aww, can't there be Guess The Un-Banzuke results anyway, for those of us who entered? Especially since, as there were only 28 entries, this represents my best and probably only realistic chance of winning! (On the banzuke...)

This is how it looks, lying on a "real" Banzuke:

20110228-00000007-maip-000-4-view.jpg

for what it is worth (if people don't know), I get that type of banzuke as well. The always print those for the heya of course they are usually much bigger!!!

I don't care about the format since it's not "the" banzuke anyway. I guess it was published for the purpose of establishing the salaries of all division changing rikishi for the next two months.

I don't expect many changes to the next real banzuke though. Those expelled from the Kyokai probably will be removed but those who get other punishments probably stay where they are (without salary) and will have to miss one or two basho with the accompanying drop inflicted.

So I don't really understand why the GTB game got cancelled, especially since makuuchi hardly was to be affected.

So I don't really understand why the GTB game got cancelled, especially since makuuchi hardly was to be affected.

It was canceled because at the time, no plans were announced to publish any kind of ranking-the decision to do so was only announced a few days ago. Everything else was rumors.