Sign in to follow this  
Zenjimoto

News about Asashoryu

Kyoudo News reports this:

http://home-kyodo.us/co.jp/photo.jsp/photo.html

Apparently the Yokozuna has finally lost it... without warning or discussion with Takasago-oyakata, he shaved his head and is now quitting sumo to go the money path to K-1... what a shame!! (Scratching chin...)

I wonder if the "left hand controversy" stirred up by Mrs. Uchidate was the "last straw" that made him bolt from sumo... (Eating...) Of course the $6.5 million could also have something to do with it...B-)

The only upside I can see from this, maybe he will face Akebono... or maybe even his own brother?? He'll probably do much better than Akebono. But, what a crushing loss to sumo!! (Depressed...) I am totally disappointed... :'-(

Jeers,

Zenjimoto

Zuikakuyama  Posted on Apr 1, 2004, 03:46

Haha, good April fools joke.

Whew! thank you for that message.

it's not April Fool's Day here in Canada yet, so I was taking that 100% seriously. that was cruel. but funny (Scratching chin...)

I must say, that link with the pic of Asashoryu with a buzzcut, and other news around it is very impressive. Remembering last year's SML April Fools nightmare I'm sure many were looking out for jokes this time.

(Scratching chin...)

Really I wasn't convince that Asashoryu would just give it up just over some trivials about being labelled a foreigner. Asashoryu being a young man, powerful, skilful, an almost unblemished record of winnings in the last two competitions and an intelligent approoach of immobilising the hands of both the last two powerful fighters; one with Ciyotakai and another Kai-o. He must have love for sumo so much to want to quit at this stage.

Edited by bennyloh

Picture075.jpg

Yeah I gave Asa that last night, he came around to my place and I got out the clippers and neeerroooomm it was all off.

We also had a few beers and watched WWE Pro wrestling. Asa said that Brock Lesnar was a candy a** punk and needed a good beating. I said I would get Vince McMahon on the phone and sort out a deal worth more than a paltry 6 million that K1 put ot the table. Asa was stoked (Scratching chin...)

Is this really a joke? >(Scratching chin...)

And I already hoped, that this could be true, because K1 would fit much better to Asashoryu and his aggressiveness and his maladjustness.

In Sumo he already is one of the greatest, but in K1 he could become the greatest ever as he still is young.

Sorry for you, Feginowaka. He will be greatest in Sumo in there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it except cry or choose another sport. How about Synchronized Swimming? (Scratching chin...)

Nice! I've already experienced a handful of jokes today, including one that took my breath away for a minute (a message from the CEO of my company that we're moving to business professional dress code, i.e. a suit for me every day -- :-) ). The picture with the buzz cut was a particularly nice touch! :-P

this was too much to be believable but i liked it...... :-P

nice picture too.......

It was a good story and a good picture. If I hadn't logged in expecting an April Fool it might have given me some alarm. :-D

Unfortunately John Gunning posted another hoax on the SML just before I was ready to send mine out... so everybody's alerts were already tripped and no one fell for it :-D Oh well... :-)

The picture is REAL, by the way - it is from when Asashoryu won the High School Championship. Since that wasn't even THAT long ago, he pretty much still looks like that, xcept for the hair! :-)

Unfortunately John Gunning posted another hoax on the SML just before I was ready to send mine out... so everybody's alerts were already tripped and no one fell for it :-) Oh well... :-)

Actually, I think many, especially on this forum where we were recently once again reminded of your exploits last year, were so much on guard that we wouldn't have believed anything you wrote yesterday :-)

Nice April fools joke anyway. I really like the look of authenticity :-D

Unfortunately John Gunning posted another hoax on the SML just before I was ready to send mine out... so everybody's alerts were already tripped and no one fell for it :-)  Oh well... :-)

Actually, I think many, especially on this forum where we were recently once again reminded of your exploits last year, were so much on guard that we wouldn't have believed anything you wrote yesterday :-)

Nice April fools joke anyway. I really like the look of authenticity :-D

Same here. I was just waiting to see what you would post this year.

I'm afraid I've to confess that I falled in the trap, at least for a few minutes. And it is the fact that Shoryu is slimer in the photo that helped me not believe it.

But it was so believable that I still have shivers when I think about it. I really thought it possible to see him go nuts and say 'go ...' to the Kyokai and YDC.

Anyway, it was really well done ! :-)

Well Zenjimoto made the headlines so to speak again (Feeling guilty...)

http://gp-dip.co.jp/bbs/takasago/c-board.cgi

That is the forum of Takasago-beya's website.

There is your link to shaved Shoryu and an innocent "Is it true?"-question hehe. Then someone replies it is English format, April's Fools day?

Someone has also translated the whole article into Japanese there :-S

It was an accident I ended up on Takasago-site..I tripped....

Edited by Kaikitsune Makoto

Well Zenjimoto made the headlines so to speak again (Applauding...)

There is your link to shaved Shoryu and an innocent "Is it true?"-question hehe. Then someone replies it is English format, April's Fools day?

Someone has also translated the whole article into Japanese there (Feeling guilty...)

:-S

Actually, I didn't have to read anything except the secondary headline "Make sure you sit down first" to understand that this was yet another April Fools joke by Zenjimoto. I have to admit that I liked this one less than the one about the one-foreigner-per-country, because it was kinda obvious, with all the talk about K1 lately...

Well Zenjimoto made the headlines so to speak again (Blinking...)

Someone has also translated the whole article into Japanese there (Applauding...)

And since then all the posts are about Asashoryu's left-hand/right-hand cutting style.