Sign in to follow this  
Rijicho

Who will pay some of sumoforum's expenses?

I have neglected Rijicho-duties but have paid all the expenses for a long time now. This sumoforum costs 63 euros every 3 months making it 252 euros per year + some domain registration fee (can't remember how much it is but not much).

Now time is ripe to not pay this anymore, at least not all of it. Finland is IBAN/BIC thingie country so international bank transfer would be nice.

Who wants to take part in paying the costs? Send me pm via forum to Kaikitsune Makoto account. I will wait for 1-2 weeks and then see how many voluntary participants are and will then approach you personally and give you IBAN and BIC which you can use to pay me some if you wish.

I am not interested in hearing about cheaper options for the database. The interest is not that high for me anymore. Closing down the forum is the only other option for me if the contract with Nebula is ended. I won't initiate any inquiries about how to move the database or parts of it to other provider.

Just send the pm to Kaikitsune Makoto please. That is me too.

Now time is ripe to not pay this anymore, at least not all of it. Finland is IBAN/BIC thingie country so international bank transfer would be nice.

Thank you for all you have done, Rijicho. It is much appreciated.

I'm not playing hard to get, but how do I send a personal message? All I've ever done is log on, view recent posts, and log off.

Orion (and I promise to look up what euros are worth)

I'm not playing hard to get, but how do I send a personal message? All I've ever done is log on, view recent posts, and log off.

Assuming you have standard settings, you just click on the username, i. e. "Kaikitsune Makoto" in the above yours, and then a submenu opens, among else with the option to send a personal message.

Otherwise you can click on "0 New Messages" in the top right (well, if you do have new messages, the text may be different) and there you will have a menu on the right with "Compose New Message" on the top which you can click. The first method is easier though because you won't have to type the recipient.

And after lot of problems and lack of decent response from Paypal, I have finally managed to get back there so Paypal is also an option now and should be the best option for people outside EU (where IBAN bank transfers should be free of charge and the easiest way).

I will contact people privately about this. I am not collecting more money than the annual fee is so since more volunteers have now written to me, the expense p er person will be quite small.

Thank you for all the donations. I have contacted each donator personally and informed about the success of the money transfer so hopefully there are no members who have made a donation via Paypal or international bank transfer and have not heard from me after the donation.

12 donations altogether and pretty much 1 year sumoforum fees covered with the total sum.

<bow>

Year has gone by, many people dead, many born. Sumoforum goes on with unchanged expenses compared to 2010. Last year I got pretty much all costs covered thanks to donations by forum members.

I am again asking for donations, reasons are same as before, I covered all the costs for years and don't want to do that anymore.

My Paypal and bank account info (with BIC, IBAN) are unchanged too but send me PM (private message) if you are willing to contribute to expenses and I will send you the necessary info there.

The cost of running sumoforum is 4x63 euros + some registration fee of few euros per year making it around 260-270 euros per year.

I am also "Rijicho" of the forum but use this Kaikitsune Makoto-account so send pm to this account.

Thank you for your co-operation and benevolence.

3 donations so far, thanks again to the donators. This is a reminder if someone else is willing to participate in financing the forum.

Same request as before, same reasons. Donations from volunteers appreciated. Cost is still the same around 260 euros/year. Paypal/IBAN details unchanged, pm me if you wish to donate and need those.

No offense but I'm just wondering why we don't move to a free forum like forumup.com.

The forum I have there works the same, looks just as good...etc... (Eh?)

No offense but I'm just wondering why we don't move to a free forum like forumup.com.

I am not interested in hearing about cheaper options for the database.

Security, availability, reliability... phpBB 2. The ads. The horror stories of forum administration at ForumUp or trying to export forum data. Not to mention the pain of migrating the forum database from one service provider to another and one forum software to another (if it's even possible to do on ForumUp).

• Like 1

Hello,

Same story as before. The cost is still unchanged around 260 euros/year. Details still unchanged when it comes to Paypal / my IBAN+BIC. You can send me pm (use this Kaikitsune account one and not Rijicho account, I am both) if you are so kindly willing to donate some (will then give you the details) so wouldn't have to cover the yearly expenses by myself. Donations highly appreciated naturally and any amount is fine. Thank you.

• Like 2

Sure willing to pay for the expenses for 2014. Just send me a reminder next month.