Sign in to follow this  
Kotoviki

Onoe Beya Dohyo Matsuri

I took Washuyama to the Onoe Beya opening today! There was a serious circus in the street (In a state of confusion...)

The police thankfully were instructed to allow me through the closed street to the parking...what a relief!!

Inside the heya were about 50 people plus gyoji, yobidashi & camera men! ... it was really crowded! We got some great pictures while we were sweating like pigs!! The new heya is gorgeous!!! Everyone was so excited today!!! Many people were crouched down to look at the windows at the dohyo level while others were on ladders to look in the upper windows.. the big doors were open so many people were across the street looking in! The people who live across the street had the best view from their 2nd floor patio into the heya!

First was the dohyo matsuri at 10am. After that was the Yokozuna dohyo-iri.

Scott & I both have tons of pictures to post but.... we were invited to Kitanoumi tomorrow morning at 6am! With a departure of 5am it means we both need to go to sleep. Plus we are exhausted from an entire day of fun!!!

I never had a more wonderful time in my life... maybe!!!

My pics of the day's festivities.

Still get a "Log in to Facebook" form. (But I've been at quite a few of these occasions in the past, so it's just the excitement of the moment, and the new faces, I'd like to see.)

Orion

Here they are on Flickr. I think they're being displayed last-to-first though..

Here they are on Flickr. I think they're being displayed last-to-first though..

Great photos one and all - wicked to finally see them in the place.

Very nice too! I like the sequence that you put together for the dohyo-iri, so that you could click through it and get a feeling of motion.

Very nice too! I like the sequence that you put together for the dohyo-iri, so that you could click through it and get a feeling of motion.

You're welcome! I hope it can get you more of a feeling of being there!!!!