Sign in to follow this  
Pippooshu

Rome's sumo event?

My japanese friend has said to me to have heard in japanese embassy of Rome that some rikishi will be in italian capital city very soon.

I don't know if is real or a urban legend but I would know if someone of you has read about same thing. You know...I live in Rome and will be a wonderful experience.

Edited by Pippooshu

It would be fantastic. I have never been in Rome and I really would like to go very soon, and a sumo event could be 'a must' for making this trip. Don't matter if it's all the sumo world of only a heya, as in Amsterdam last year.

Please, keep us informed if you get more news about it. (Sign of disapproval...)

Years ago, means before the economic crisis, drugs and the swine flu, I talked with an okamisan and she told me that the heya plans a tour to Italy. I have no recent information but I'll ask her if the rumor is true.

My friend, "Miss X", has told me the news. The japanese embassy and Rome administration have organizated a Japanese Culture's event with many shows about japanese cultural specifics. At the end of June will be in Rome this event and surely we can see a kabuki show but for the sumo will be difficult b'cause the rikishi invitation it's too expensive. They are talking about this and we hope it happens...but there aren't many possibilities. (Sign of disapproval...)

Edited by Pippooshu

A Rome jungyo was definitely talked about. I remember translating it as "the next foreign jungyo". I'll try to find it.

OK, not exactly as I remembered, but still..

Edited by Kintamayama

A Rome jungyo was definitely talked about. I remember translating it as "the next foreign jungyo". I'll try to find it.

On that note, the idea of another Las Vegas jungyo later this year also didn't seem to last long; one batch of news articles last year and poof.

As Izutsu Oyakata said, there won't be a jungyo abroad this year.

There is always the possibility to invite a stable or some rikishi to an event, but as the costs are so high for any organization it's quite difficult. Tomozuna beya would love to come to Germany but there are no sponsors for this.

My friend, "Miss X", has told me the news. The japanese embassy and Rome administration have organizated a Japanese Culture's event with many shows about japanese cultural specifics. At the end of June will be in Rome this event and surely we can see a kabuki show but for the sumo will be difficult b'cause the rikishi invitation it's too expensive. They are talking about this and we hope it happens...but there aren't many possibilities. (Sign of disapproval...)

The end of June would be impossible as the rikishi have to be in Nagoya by June 28th for the banzuke announcement.

My friend, "Miss X", has told me the news. The japanese embassy and Rome administration have organizated a Japanese Culture's event with many shows about japanese cultural specifics. At the end of June will be in Rome this event and surely we can see a kabuki show but for the sumo will be difficult b'cause the rikishi invitation it's too expensive. They are talking about this and we hope it happens...but there aren't many possibilities. (Enjoying a beer...)

The end of June would be impossible as the rikishi have to be in Nagoya by June 28th for the banzuke announcement.

Yes, I presumed this and I think it's another reason to doubt about Rome's sumo event.. (Sign of disapproval...)

What a pity...