Sign in to follow this  
Randomitsuki

Wanted: banzuke making volunteers!

As you might or might not know, I am rather unhappy about the lateness of various banzuke who take part in the Superbanzuke competition. I have already prepared plans for some drastic measures, but before it comes to that, here is a suggestion: we have two notoriously late banzuke each basho (Fantasy Sumo and Norizo Cup). I am certain that Mike from Sumotalk and Norizo are quite busy people, so maybe they would be glad if someone did the banzuke for them. The question is: do we have any volunteers? If yes, Mike (through ST inside channels) and Norizo (through Japanese translation) could be informed.

My own gaming workload is quite high, so I wouldn't like to do it on a regular basis.

What I could (and do) offer for myself, is to be a one-off banzuke maker for games that usually are in time, but whose banzuke-makers are extremely busy in a particular basho (like Golynohana for ISP this basho). If we managed to have the SB games banzuke in time for shonichi, I would be forever grateful. If not, there are still those "drastic measures" looming on the horizon. (Shaking head...)

Edited by Randomitsuki

I would be more than happy to help, and I am definitely volunteer to get involved in making banzuke(s), for any game(s) where you feel it's needed, and not only as a one-off but even on a regular basis...

Don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

Edited by Mysko

Ha, just when I was complaining in the other thread!

Thanks, your efforts are very much appreciated. ;-)

We will now contact Mike from Sumotalk and/or Norizo.

Norizo's banzuke-making is sufficiently intricate that I doubt he'll want to have anybody else doing it. For FS...I suppose Mike still handcrafts the things? (Not an enviable task given its size and that whole four-sidedness.) If so, me no understandy. It's sufficiently formulaic that it practically begs to be (at least semi-)automated, both the rank assignments and the HTML output.

I'd volunteer if I wasn't so rubbish at it in GTB...

You can add ISP to the list.

I can still continue if needed, but I am getting slowly tired of it, besides I have not so much time as before.

So if someone wants to take over ISP banzukemaking duties then he/she is very much welcome.

You can add ISP to the list.

I can still continue if needed, but I am getting slowly tired of it, besides I have not so much time as before.

So if someone wants to take over ISP banzukemaking duties then he/she is very much welcome.

I can do ISP Banzuke, if Golynohana is really tired of it. At least I feel qualified as current no. 13 in GTB ;-)

Time of course is a problem for me from time to time also, but between the bashos there are 6 or 7 weeks which should be sufficient to come up with a new Banzuke just in time.

Ganzohnesushi

Edited by Ganzohnesushi

Cool!

So from now on Ganzohnesushi is the new ISP banzuke maker!

;-)

Ganzohnoesushi, let's coordinate a few things. I might be able to make it easier to get data in and out of the database for ISP if we can agree on a format for uploading the database. Since Golynohana had direct access to the database, it was easy enough for him to grab the kosho list, but I'll have to do that for you.

Good luck!

Just in case anyone else wanted in... the FS banzuke is taken already - by me. I think I've got enough qualification - I've been in the GTB top 10 for 3 consecutive basho now. That and being one of the Sumotalk writers...

Just in case anyone else wanted in... the FS banzuke is taken already - by me. I think I've got enough qualification - I've been in the GTB top 10 for 3 consecutive basho now. That and being one of the Sumotalk writers...

Great, that ensures that Rando-san will not make any point deductions just in the moment when after 4,5 years I have finally reached the Top 42 positions to get some SB points (Sign of approval...)

Ganzohnesushi

Ganzohnoesushi, let's coordinate a few things. I might be able to make it easier to get data in and out of the database for ISP if we can agree on a format for uploading the database. Since Golynohana had direct access to the database, it was easy enough for him to grab the kosho list, but I'll have to do that for you.

Good luck!

Whatever solution you can offer it is highly appreciated. Please be aware that I'm not an IT freak so my "user manual" should be as simple as possible.... (Sign of approval...)

Ganzohnesushi

When talking about GTB Top10, I'm sad that I missed the top10 for the 4th time in a row (after being there before for 26 consecutive basho (Shaking head...) )

When talking about GTB Top10, I'm sad that I missed the top10 for the 4th time in a row (after being there before for 26 consecutive basho (Shaking head...) )

So would you like to take over ISP Banzuke making? I'm more than wiling to let another voluteer do it. And with you it should be in good hands.... (Shaking head...)

Ganzohnesushi

Not that it matters much for this topic, but the Bench Sumo banzuke-making has always involved at least three people (after from (perhaps - I forget) the first couple of bashos, when I did it on my own). Whenever we've needed a replacement banzuke-maker (it hasn't happened very often), I've always looked to the GTB, and invited the highest ranked player, who is also a Bench Sumo player, to join the banzuke-making team. Up to now, they have always accepted..... (Shaking head...)

Edited by Jejima