Sign in to follow this  
Washuyama

Two days of keiko

I spent the last two days with Kotoviki and Satoyamanohannah. Tuesday we went to Sadogatake. Nothing really earth-shattering to report as the all the sekitori were sort of taking the day off. They were present but weren't doing a whole lot. Kotokasuga did alot of teppo. Kotooshu was sporting a black eye apparently from the big rengo keiko the day before. We were told that's why the ozeki were taking it easy. I enjoyed watching Kotoshogiku off to the side with one of the Jonidan-level rikishi (didn't really notice who it was) teaching him how to break his opponents mawashi grip. He spent a good 15 -20 minutes with him. It's a really beautiful heya, BTW and one the way out, I did notice the trophy from the Isreal visit front and center in the entryway. On the way back to the hotel, we stopped at Naruto-beya and talked with Takanoyama for a few minutes

31284_424736365637_678645637_5946102_7792337_n.jpg

Wednesday we visited Onoe and had a great day. They have three shin-deshi, they looked pretty good. One of which, I predict, will make to at least Makushita. As for the sekitori, they all had at least 10 bouts either with each other or the Makushita rikishi. Baruto looked very impressive and wasn't really challenged. Yamamotoyama did pretty good against everybody except Baruto. Wasn't a great day for Sakaizawa who was "getting schooled" by Satoyama. Satoyama spent most of the day teaching one of the shin deshi, helping him with everything from suriashi to matawari. He looks like a great teacher... encouraging without any unnecessary sadism. After keiko, we had a nice long visit with Baruto and YMY. Viki was helping YMY buy some clothes that fit off the internet (11XL, BTW). We got a couple of tegata and Baruto even gave us a few bottles of Estonian vodka.

Funny side note: The kid who yells "Miyaa-biyamaaa!" almost every day at the KK was watching from outside the door. As soon as keiko was over, Baruto screamed "Miyaa-biyamaaa!"

Thanks to Viki for a great couple days!!

Funny side note: The kid who yells "Miyaa-biyamaaa!" almost every day at the KK was watching from outside the door. As soon as keiko was over, Baruto screamed "Miyaa-biyamaaa!"
(Exclamation...)

By the way, did Baruto and Takanoyama speak any English? I'm assuming their Japanese is better than their English. Just curious.

(Exclamation...)

By the way, did Baruto and Takanoyama speak any English? I'm assuming their Japanese is better than their English. Just curious.

Baruto's English is excellent and we usually speak a mix of both English and Japanese together. Takanoyama didn't speak any English except for a "call me" before we left after he gave me his phone number.

We got a couple of tegata and Baruto even gave us a few bottles of Estonian vodka.

As Estonian myself, i feel i have to warn you, that average Estonian vodka (there is around 20-30 different) is nothing special. Buy some high quality russian or ukrainian stuff to drink and keep those (estonian) as memento.

In addition to estonian (naturally), english and japanese, he should be able to express himself little also in finnish and russian. It comes from living in northern estonia (everybody here at least understands finnish and russian) , not that i have had any personal contact with Baruto.

Edited by pisipepu

In addition to estonian (naturally), english and japanese, he should be able to express himself little also in finnish and russian. It comes from living in northern estonia (everybody here at least understands finnish and russian) , not that i have had any personal contact with Baruto.

And he learned german in school, I talked a while in german last time and he did very well.

As Estonian myself, i feel i have to warn you, that average Estonian vodka (there is around 20-30 different) is nothing special. Buy some high quality russian or ukrainian stuff to drink and keep those (estonian) as memento.

This is "Viru Valge" brand and not being a drinker of hard liquor (I prefer beer) and I was planning on keeping it as a cherished memento. (Bart...) Thanks for the advice, though. (In a state of confusion...)

This is "Viru Valge" brand and not being a drinker of hard liquor (I prefer beer) and I was planning on keeping it as a cherished memento. (Bart...) Thanks for the advice, though. (Sign of approval...)

Our wonderful mementos are also 100 year special anniversary bottles!!! Plain vodka, Watermelon and Green apple flavors that Baruto loves!

I imagine it takes quite a bit for Baruto to get drunk...

You imagine right, when we've been out I've seen him drink assorted whatever drinks plus 3 bottles of vodka and never appear drunk!!!

I'll come with my wife to visit this Basho's second week. Now I got some hints what to bring with me from Estonia as presents for Baruto (Shaking head...) I just hope I'll have a change to visit heya and give this presents over and get some fotos done with Baruto. Is there somebody to give us helping hand?

Sorry, bit of off topic!

I'll come with my wife to visit this Basho's second week. Now I got some hints what to bring with me from Estonia as presents for Baruto :-( I just hope I'll have a change to visit heya and give this presents over and get some fotos done with Baruto. Is there somebody to give us helping hand?

Sorry, bit of off topic!

Send me a PM and I'll get you over there! BTW he also wants to eat sausages!!!! Not the Japanese type!!!

This is "Viru Valge" brand and not being a drinker of hard liquor (I prefer beer) and I was planning on keeping it as a cherished memento. (Clapping wildly...) Thanks for the advice, though. :-(

Viru Valge is best Estonian vodka and maybe some Russian vodka

Hi!

You havent tried Saaremaa` home-made beer. It is a killer, believe me. I once tried and it tasted good but was too quick for me :D.

I'll come with my wife to visit this Basho's second week. Now I got some hints what to bring with me from Estonia as presents for Baruto (In a state of confusion...) I just hope I'll have a change to visit heya and give this presents over and get some fotos done with Baruto. Is there somebody to give us helping hand?

Sorry, bit of off topic!

Send me a PM and I'll get you over there! BTW he also wants to eat sausages!!!! Not the Japanese type!!!

Viru Valge is a crap because its maded from US corn and bottled in Estonia. Russian vodka a